watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Hoogland -new right back signs

Started by RaySmith, June 25, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Signed from Schalke 04- It's on the Offal under News.

the nutflush

Just reading it now.  Good to see we are being proactive.  Don't know much about him.  Anyone got an opinion?

Sammyffc

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Tim Hoogland on a one-year deal.

The German right-back, 29, joins the Whites following the expiry of his contract with Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04.

Hoogland began his career with the Gelsenkirchen side and was at the club when they finished as Bundesliga runners-up in 2005 – behind Felix Magath's Bayern Munich – and 2007.

He left Schalke that year to join FSV Mainz 05, where he scored 14 times in 91 matches and helped his side win promotion to the Bundesliga during a three-year spell at the club.

In 2010 he returned to Schalke – who were managed by Magath at the time – and went on to sample both UEFA Europa League and Champions League football, scoring against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in a last-16 tie earlier this year.

Hoogland also took in a loan spell at Stuttgart in the 2012/13 season, and has been capped at U18, U19 and U20 level for the German national team.

kempkong

Looks good and been managed by the gaffa before. The rebuild contunues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIMMY D

the nutflush

I hope we can get Davidson in at left back on a free transfer.

Craven Mad

End of Zverotic or Reither, or both? I can't see Felix wanting 3 old options for RB.

With the way he's filling the squad, Felix seems to be wanting a senior option and a youth option competing for each position. There's now the potential for Reither, Hoogland, Zverotic, Passley, Grimmer and Burn (joking!) to be competing for one position.

Maybe one of the younger options may be heading on loan?

Regardless, Hoogland seems a good option. Welcome to the club!

Bedford White

I like it,welcome to the Fulham family Tim Hoogland  049:gif

Sammyffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 25, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
End of Zverotic or Reither, or both? I can't see Felix wanting 3 old options for RB.

With the way he's filling the squad, Felix seems to be wanting a senior option and a youth option competing for each position. There's now the potential for Reither, Hoogland, Zverotic, Passley, Grimmer and Burn (joking!) to be competing for one position.

Maybe one of the younger options may be heading on loan?

Regardless, Hoogland seems a good option. Welcome to the club!

Sascha is all but gone. Agreed a deal with Freiberg to rejoin his first club. Been doing the rounds on twitter last week or so. A lot of credible sources saying they are just sorting out small details.

General

has played 22 times for Shalke in the last 4 years. Went on loan once in that time to Stuggart and played...... 4 times.

Seems like we're clutching at straws with this guy hoping he'll get back to how he has been in the past. Definitely not going for a player who would seem to have the right attitude to push himself and who's gone full throttle throughout his career. he'll either get a second wind for us, or be proactive... either just be a stop gap.

I want him to be great, but considering his last four years I'm again not inspired by this signing.. and he's 29. And he plays right back, which makes me wonder what is going on as we have riether. Will he play right wing?

Full Metal Ham

Good signing! Glad to see that things are happening under the radar

Northern Cottager

Bloody hell, didn't see this one coming. Well done FFC!

Craven Mad

Supposedly, Werder Bremen and Freiberg were also interested in him. Plus, he's just had a season playing 19 games in the Bundesliga and a couple of matches in the Champions League.

Quite a capture for a Championship club, it seems.

Sammyffc

Quote from: General on June 25, 2014, 11:26:44 AM
has played 22 times for Shalke in the last 4 years. Went on loan once in that time to Stuggart and played...... 4 times.

Seems like we're clutching at straws with this guy hoping he'll get back to how he has been in the past. Definitely not going for a player who would seem to have the right attitude to push himself and who's gone full throttle throughout his career. he'll either get a second wind for us, or be proactive... either just be a stop gap.

I want him to be great, but considering his last four years I'm again not inspired by this signing.. and he's 29. And he plays right back, which makes me wonder what is going on as we have riether. Will he play right wing?

Sascha is going back to Freiberg. Also agree with what you say, however I'm sure i read somewhere that Hoogman was key in defence for a team ( name i forgot ) that got into the bundesliga ? could be a battler !

Fernhurst

Well; Fulham seem to be "at it" and already been a Felix man.

Lets see how it works working under his old gaffer
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

TheManOnTheBus

If Wikipedia is accurate, this doesn't look good at all.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2003–2004 Schalke 04 II 6 (0)

2004–2007 Schalke 04 12 (0)

2007–2010 1. FSV Mainz 05 84 (14)

2010–2014 Schalke 04 22 (0)

2012–2013 → VfB Stuttgart (loan) 4 (0)

26 appearances in the last four seasons!???

..Kya.ffc..

With the amount of players gone/leaving, it is good to see we are bringing new ones in. Know nothing of him but if "The dictator" feels he is good enough then I guess we can be happy he got his man.  

Keep the flow going FFC!

Welcome, Hoogland.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

General

I'm also intrigued by the fact we've bought in two defenders and one striker.. we need a lot more players, especially in the middle of the park. and everywhere else.

God this could get bad if Felix is bringing in the wrong players.

Twig

Why are people saying "quite a capture" or "rebuilding continues", or "well done FFC!" etc etc?  Am I missing something, as I understand it this is a guy who has generally failed to get into the Schalke starting line up.  Or am I wrong about that?

GloucesterWhite

Scored 14 times in 91 games - pretty good for a full back.