more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Round of 16 - All Countries

Started by Moderati, June 27, 2014, 03:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 02, 2014, 02:22:06 AM
A work colleague watching with me commented that it would be interesting to see the difference between the club wages paid to the Belgian national team members and the U.S national team members.  Can't say the U.S. team's players were 'fat and happy', or lazy from the realization they were rich rich at a young age and would never need to work again. 

not sure what your mate is saying there, that USA players get paid more than Belgian players?

Forever Fulham

Quote from: King_Crud on July 02, 2014, 11:15:40 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 02, 2014, 02:22:06 AM
A work colleague watching with me commented that it would be interesting to see the difference between the club wages paid to the Belgian national team members and the U.S national team members.  Can't say the U.S. team's players were 'fat and happy', or lazy from the realization they were rich rich at a young age and would never need to work again. 

not sure what your mate is saying there, that USA players get paid more than Belgian players?
sorry I wasn't clear.  I think the point he was trying to make was the presumption that huge salaries can make a player self-satisfied over time, and then fail to give his best effort once the bank account has an obscene number attached to it.  I think there are players who will play hard for pride and competitive spirit regardless of how wealthy the game has already made them.  But not all players, I think, are like that.  Heard someone on the radio this morning claim the club team wages for the U.S. MNT players was 1/10th that of the Belgian squad.  Don't know for sure that that is true, though. 

YankeeJim

I don't know about 1/10th but MLS players with the exception of a few "names" all make well less than a million $'s a year.
Besler, Yedlin, Beckerman, Zusi & probably Beasley (who plays in Mexico) all would be included. Gonzalez, Dempsey & Bradley are "designated" players and make decent salaries.

As a MLS rookie, Yedlin likely makes less than a 100k per year.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.