watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Hangeland slates Magath on SSN & Fulhams response

Started by Ordar, July 09, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I think that most people could see that good player that he was, he was not a good captain and I think that, along with injuries affected his game,for the worse.

Sammyffc

Simon peach said a very good point . Brede kept mentioning the club has been in demise the last couple of years . If that was the case why did he then sign a new multimillion pound contract 16 months ago ?

SimpleTactics

Why is he so keen to highlight what he thinks of Magath when it was Mo's failure to invest and Jol's whole mentality that really caused the decline..

grandad

If I was having to struggle on by losing my 40k a week job I would also say anything to anybody to try & find another job. Still I am sure he will get by on Job Seekers Allowance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

These comments, combined with others' (including a retired Simon Davies - why would he lie?), do cause concerns.

I'm optimistic about the future, but must admit I'd rather we had hung onto Rene... Despite his successes, I worry Magath's failures will have a greater impact on our club.

Just an opinion, though.

General

So what he said about being released seemed like a pretty honest assessment, he said he wasn't sure and wanted guarentees in regards to the club moving forward and showing the right state of intent. I think with the close season business we have been doing with McCormack for instance we had that but perhaps Magath thought Hangelands heart really wasn't in it as much as Hangeland makes it out to be.

Hangeland, as we all agree, should have been given more than an email, but if the club wanted to do a press conference/release with him and he refused what more could the club do? I think he was bitter, understandably so, but given what he's said I can't help but feel a bit more sympathetic to Fulham re his departure. He hadn't had the best of seasons.

As for his Magath comments it strikes me as if he has a bit of anger still in him - from what I can tell he said Magaths training techniques made things worse, but out of our three managers last season we had arguably better shape, and results under Magath, although little time to implement.

I think he mentioned the stuff going on at the top at Fulham being much more disconnected, again we can all see that, Al Fayed loved the club and was a very hands on and family orientated man regarding the club - Khan is approaching it more as a business in regards the fact he's expecting to put money in to it and etc and therefore get results. It's a shame it was one of the best parts of being a Fulham fan the al fayed way of managing despite its frustrations in investing in the playing staff but he wasn't going to be around forever and we have to accept these changes.

I do worry that with our youth being a major part of our playing squad at the moment we may take another step back, but only time will tell regarding that. Fingers crossed we don't.

seems quite an honest assessment but with a couple of grudges. Shame but we have to move on. I hope he and murphy etc get their coaching badges and come back in some manner to be coaches or management at the club though.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 09, 2014, 05:42:13 PM
These comments, combined with others' (including a retired Simon Davies - why would he lie?), do cause concerns.

I'm optimistic about the future, but must admit I'd rather we had hung onto Rene... Despite his successes, I worry Magath's failures will have a greater impact on our club.

Just an opinion, though.

Davies wasn't at the club under Magath though?  As for Rene, he was in charge for some of our absolute worst performances in the last few years.  A point against Man Utd and a late defeat against Liverpool seem to have absolved him of any of that blame...

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It seems I'm in the minority of one.

But didn't Brede imply what most on here has been saying about Felix
"Burn at right back" ?
"Stoke performance  etc etc

Doens't he have the right to speak his mind even though he's a puiblic figure.
And if anyone thinks he's short of a few bob and desperate, think again.

He'll get another club, perhaps his injury is hampering him.
He has a lot to offer still.

He has been one of our most loyal players for many a moon.
Can anyone name a more loyal and dedicated player in the last 10 years ?
McBride
Hughes
Davies
Duff

That's what he's bitter about, after what he's given to the club and then being tossed aside
like an old rag doll.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 09, 2014, 05:45:53 PM

Just an opinion, though.

Davies wasn't at the club under Magath though?  As for Rene, he was in charge for some of our absolute worst performances in the last few years.  A point against Man Utd and a late defeat against Liverpool seem to have absolved him of any of that blame...

No, Davies didn't play under Magath, but he echoes Brede's comments about a club going downhill.

As for Rene, oddly, I think it was both a mistake to hire him and a mistake to fire him. He hadn't the time or expertise to save us this year, but, in the Championship, I think he could have brought stability and improvement. I'm not convinced Magath will bring either of those things.

However, I've been pleased with the transfer window so far, I think we're putting together a good squad, I think it was probably right Brede was released, and I think we have an owner who cares about getting us back into the prem (even if only for his own financial gain). Only time will tell...

CincyFulham1

Give an example of Brede's "loyalty"

Arthur

It was rumoured that Brede had a bust-up with Meulensteen when he was dropped for the game at Old Trafford. The Sky coverage on the day showed Brede sitting on the bench as the match was about to kick-off and he most certainly had a face like thunder. Indeed, it was Magath who restored Brede to the team for the remainder of the season. (Whereas, had Rene remained in charge, he might not have played at all.) This does rather make Brede's comments seem as if they are borne from the bitterness of having called Felix's bluff and lost - in that Brede wanted to court offers from PL clubs and have us as his fall-back option should nothing materialise, clearly not expecting Magath to be as good as his word that he didn't want players who were not committed to the Club.

I agree with those who have already said that, more than anything, Brede's public display of criticism is tarnishing the wonderful memories that many supporters have of him.

Baszab

I don't think Hangeland is bitter -- he's just telling it how it was for him -- and you will probably get more comments in the same vein about Magath in the next few months from Duff Sidwell Riether etc -

However, change is good !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 09, 2014, 05:56:35 PM

I assume you mean me.
I can only go by what I've seen and what most of us believed until recently, much of which has been speculation. Who knows what happened on the bench at Man Utd. Perhaps Brede wanted to play to help the club. Meulensteen said "No you're not fit yet"  Who knows ???

Long serving (in this day and age)

Honored his contract ( I don't know but did he break his contract recently) ?
(I'm surprised that so many people are now sticking up for the club instead of him as to what happened, when many of those same people have been critisizing the management previously.

Obviously had a love affair for the club and 'us lot'   Unless he's been playing Jeckel and Hyde for 6 years

Apparently turned down several approaches from other clubs expressing his love of the club each time (Does anyone know if this is not the case ?
The 2009 Arsenal approach.

Tried to make things better for the club by seemingly arguing with the management.

He certainly hasn't changed my opinion of him by exercising his freedom of speech, what was he supposed to say  "Everything in the garden was peachy and I'm more than happy to have been terminated by email"  Againg who really knows.

Perhaps you may now like to give me an example of how he hasn't shown loyalty ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Baszab on July 09, 2014, 06:22:46 PM
I don't think Hangeland is bitter -- he's just telling it how it was for him -- and you will probably get more comments in the same vein about Magath in the next few months from Duff Sidwell Riether etc -

However, change is good !

So the players who were too old, or who didn't contribute enough?  Magath had to cut off a LOT of dead weight before we could rebuild, and if that dead weight comes out and criticises him then it sounds like nothing but bitterness.  He gave them a kick up the arse that they didn't want or like, but sure as hell needed.

Admin

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 09, 2014, 06:30:46 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 09, 2014, 05:56:35 PM

I assume you mean me.
I can only go by what I've seen and what most of us believed until recently, much of which has been speculation. Who knows what happened on the bench at Man Utd. Perhaps Brede wanted to play to help the club. Meulensteen said "No you're not fit yet"  Who knows ???

Long serving (in this day and age)

Honored his contract ( I don't know but did he break his contract recently) ?
(I'm surprised that so many people are now sticking up for the club instead of him as to what happened, when many of those same people have been critisizing the management previously.

Obviously had a love affair for the club and 'us lot'   Unless he's been playing Jeckel and Hyde for 6 years

Apparently turned down several approaches from other clubs expressing his love of the club each time (Does anyone know if this is not the case ?
The 2009 Arsenal approach.

Tried to make things better for the club by seemingly arguing with the management.

He certainly hasn't changed my opinion of him by exercising his freedom of speech, what was he supposed to say  "Everything in the garden was peachy and I'm more than happy to have been terminated by email"  Againg who really knows.

Perhaps you may now like to give me an example of how he hasn't shown loyalty ?

Yes there are 2 sides to all this, the loyalty shown by Brede' over the years, but also the disloyal side by him flirting with other clubs and asking Fulham to show their hand, and if they didn't, he was basically off. Bottom line is, he was calling the clubs bluff, and they pulled the trigger which I don't think Brede' was expecting, another I'm bigger than the club scenario. If Brede' was committed to Fulham, why not just say so?

Anyway, its happened, Fulham are clearly moving on, the same as Brede' needs to along with most of the fans. I'm confident we're doing the right thing.

Chesh

Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that I believe every word of that interview, and am not as optimistic as I would like to be at the moment. I also think it's completely irrelevant that Hangeland's words carry less credence just because he had a bad year himself. You can tell he is hurt, and it is a shame how the club seemingly communicates with the employees and fans nowadays.

(And I'm normally a glass half full kind of guy!)

:022:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

bobby01

Just an opinion, though.

:plus one: I still find it hard to understand the Rene lovefest
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Admin

Quote from: bobby01 on July 09, 2014, 06:41:53 PM

Just an opinion, though.

:plus one: I still find it hard to understand the Rene lovefest

I'm still not over the 4-1 home defeat to Sunderland, 6-0 thrashing away to Hull where Huddlestone had his hair cut after 3 years, and the cup exit to Sheffield United. I'm sorry, but I find it very hard to feel any love for Rene'.

Steven Ageroad

[
Brede was a wonderful part in the clubs history. But the moment he was sent off against Sunderland at home a few seasons ago, he returned a different player. We will not miss the Brede that stepped out for Fulham since that time.

Up until that time we were cruising in the league, I feel that was the start of the decline and we never recovered.

Sammyffc

'' we are bemused by brede's comments, which we feel are totally inaccurate. Brede signed a new multi million pound contract 16 months ago and at no point mentioned he felt the club wasn't moving forward. Felix Magath is fully focused on pre season and we remain confident he is the right man to move the club forward. Regardless of Brede's comments fulham hold him in high regard and wish him the best of luck for the future ''