watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Hangeland slates Magath on SSN & Fulhams response

Started by Ordar, July 09, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycottager

Keep in mind, Hangeland and Kvist weren't exactly amazing, were they? they're just bitter about not playing, all footballers are.

fulhamben

brede wanted assurances that we were going in the right direction if he was to stay. but he fails to realise that for us to go in the right direction we had to get rid of him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

He seems specific in blaming Magath yet very vague in his comments about it being a couple of years in the making.  Also doesn't take any blame/credit himself with our demise.

Leggat

No responsibility for the decline from our ex-captain then ? Didn't want to commit to the club so contract cancelled . Strange that he hasn't signed with another club yet .

Ordar

I think some of the players were just there for an easy ride. If Magath was as awful as is made out, he wouldnt have won the German league multiple times, and his old players wouldnt want to play for him again.

Its well established that Magath likes battlers. He isnt interested in players who arent committed. Hangeland was awful last year and is clearly past it. Although I do agree that we missed the boat after the Europa League final and should have brought in a very high profile manager and really tried to push on

Admin

I'm willing to let all this go and treat the Championship as a fresh start. Brede' is right, the club has been in decline for a while now, the signs were there, and nothing was done. However, Brede' was part of that decline, last season was his worst ever in a Fulham shirt ever, and the warning signs have been there with him also, but we failed to do anything about it.

Long term players always seem to hold grudges, hate change, and will always be the first to hit out at new owners, managers etc. Yes we got it wrong, yes things were done to late, but most of the damage was done after the Europa final where Fayed basically shut up shop.

Looking back, if Fayed was willing to invest, I'd have sold Brede' to QPR when they came knocking with 8Million. To many players get settled to quickly these days, but you don't hear Brede' talking about Jol's lazy attitude, or the relaxed training sessions he used to hold.

I'm not being funny, but our players are going to need to be mentally prepared / organized to get out of that Championship, and I for one think Magath will be the right man for that, regardless what Brede' says.

He's been a great servant to the club, he's had a good 6.5 years, I think it's time for him to also move on, we have.  

ToodlesMcToot

One can put the criticism of Magath down to difference of opinion really. Hangeland just doesn't believe Magath's style translates to the PL. Fair enough. But that's not exactly 'slamming' Felix, is it.

What he's really done is slam Fulham's administration....those running the business end. Yes, he said that he'd asked Magath for assurances for this season, but who's to say that it was Magath that took offense and saw that as a reason to get rid. IMO, the higher ups must have been looking for a reason to sever the relationship.

Brede does himself no service in not taking some credit for our demise. Doesn't really paint a very captainly picture of himself in refusing to do so either.

Water under the bridge, I say. While I can appreciate the bit of insight, I wish Brede would just shut up about it and move along.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

God The Mechanic

Simon Peach just tweeted that some players were apparently questioning Brede's leadership abilities last year, which is an interesting turn of events!

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 09, 2014, 04:48:37 PM
Simon Peach just tweeted that some players were apparently questioning Brede's leadership abilities last year, which is an interesting turn of events!
im questioning bredes leaderships qualities
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2014, 04:50:56 PM

I think we all questioned Brede's leadership qualities. Should never have been given the armband in the first place.

God The Mechanic

There's a difference between fans doing it and players though.  We can say what the hell we want, but if team mates start doubting him then things aren't gonna go well.

Rupert

Quote from: Admin on July 09, 2014, 04:52:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 09, 2014, 04:50:56 PM

I think we all questioned Brede's leadership qualities. Should never have been given the armband in the first place.

:plus one:

He was a great servant, but he was never captain material. Too much pointing of fingers after the goals went in, rather than shouting encouragement/bollocking before they did.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Putney

What does he care? He held the club to ransom and got a new contract. He's just bitter that the club activated his release clause, cancelling his weekly wage.

Lighthouse

The decline of the club is something many talked about. The reason was Al was selling and didn't want to put big money into the club any more. Our new owner came in and was sold the sustainability lie and we rightly went down with an old dysfunctional squad and managers.

Brede was a wonderful part in the clubs history. But the moment he was sent off against Sunderland at home a few seasons ago, he returned a different player. We will not miss the Brede that stepped out for Fulham since that time.

The club dealt with the departure poorly and Brede has every right to feel aggrieved. The doubts about Felix are there for all of us to debate. We simply don't trust him yet because he hasn't been with us long enough. The club where in such a dire state when he arrived we can hardly just blame him. But Felix is here for the start of the rebuilding. Felix will have until Christmas to prove we are going in the right direction.

We await the new Fulham. The passed is gone and we know why it all happened.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Two Ton Ted

I'd be bitter if I wasn't picking up £40k odd a week whilst looking for a new club...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Fernhurst

Very sensible post Beamer.

His appearance on SSN smacks of agent needing to get his face "out there" as offers he would be content with have dried up.
"Sky need you  to do a spoiler piece Brede"... Ok?

Tis sad to see our once much respected (Revered at one point)Captain slagging off the business which paid him enormously for six years.

As others have remarked, thanks for your service Brede now move on.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JBH

Shame because he has shown himself up to be only half the man I thought he was! Very bitter about the club activating the release clause that both parties  have agreed to in the first place and now it seems he can't find another club willing to pay him big money so he touts himself on Sky Sports News!  :doh:

Thanks Brede shame you're letting yourself down now

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I can't believe how short some peoples memories are.
Does anyone find it strange that last season he was continually outjumped and sluggish
particularly at set pieces, something that had rarely happened for the preceeding 5.5 years  ?
Could this have been his injury and perhaps he was pressurized (and willingly accepted)
to play to try to help the situation. ?
He also didn't pick himself as captain, if he didn't think he was the right person perhaps he should
have declined, but his love affair with Fulham, which has been obvious to all since he joined has not waivered, and I'm sure he felt honoured to be asked.
Would anyone amongst us have declined the opportunity.
Then the bad injury, we'll never know how bad.
I'm not surprised he's bitter, I'm sure there's a few others (although not many of them have the right to be)
He just happens to wear his heart on his sleeve and is speaking openly about it.

One thing that struck me as strange was that he still stuck to his guns that he had effectively been
'laid off' by email.  In this day and age if that wasn't the case the lawyers would be sniffing around,
which leads me to believe it's true.

Remember the good times, what he contributed and the bond he had with us supporters.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

DevonFFC

Sour grapes there, I think you have to look at the root cause of your diminish in performance and realise that once on that pitch it's down to the 11 men out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk