watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Hangeland slates Magath on SSN & Fulhams response

Started by Ordar, July 09, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

and I find it strange that so many people who have been slagging off the management for mismanagement are now siding with them 'against' Brede
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

God The Mechanic

MayoDomo

For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Logicalman

"I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he is the right man .... and things will get worse before they get better."
"With the right signs and the right players coming in I would have been prepared to stay. "

They have got worse already. Is this guy for real? He captained the side that failed miserably, and its the fault of the manager who did not preside over any transfer window and only had 3 months to turn things around?

Perhaps Brede should look towards his own pathetic performances before questioning someone else's ability, and whether he was "prepared to stay" as he wasn't prepared to put in a full days work when we needed him to.

I have said for the whole of the season he was poor and has been a shirt-hanger and I am still of that opinion, but now I add the term hypocrite to him. As a captain he was supposed to lead, he was supposed to get the players to play out of their skins - he failed, and now he places the blame for his own and the team failings on Felix? I'm no Felix fan, far from it, but for a player who presided over all those failings before Felix arrived, its pathetic to throw blame around solely towards others.

Once he is ensconced in another Prem (or other top league) side and shows success, THEN he can criticize, until then he should look to furthering his career in a top league.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 09, 2014, 06:53:04 PM
and I find it strange that so many people who have been slagging off the management for mismanagement are now siding with them 'against' Brede

I don't think anyone is suggesting things haven't gone wrong.  But Magath is the anti-thesis of Jol and Rene, he works players HARD.  He is THE man.  This is a change from the last two (full) seasons, so change is afoot and whilst some people are (rightfully) still a bit apprehensive over the change there are others who look at it more optimistically.

Also, the fact that at no point did Brede take any form of responsibility for the failings at the club over the last two years, instead simply pointed out that things weren't going well.  He was the captain, one of the longest serving and most experienced players.  He should have done a hell of a lot more on the pitch to get us out of the predicament that we were in.  If he and others insist that he DID give his all over the last 18 months then he was a large part of the problem, and wouldn't have been of any real use to us moving forwards.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 09, 2014, 06:30:46 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 09, 2014, 05:56:35 PM
Give an example of Brede's "loyalty"

I assume you mean me.
I can only go by what I've seen and what most of us believed until recently, much of which has been speculation. Who knows what happened on the bench at Man Utd. Perhaps Brede wanted to play to help the club. Meulensteen said "No you're not fit yet"  Who knows ???

Long serving (in this day and age)

Honored his contract ( I don't know but did he break his contract recently) ?
(I'm surprised that so many people are now sticking up for the club instead of him as to what happened, when many of those same people have been critisizing the management previously.

Obviously had a love affair for the club and 'us lot'   Unless he's been playing Jeckel and Hyde for 6 years

Apparently turned down several approaches from other clubs expressing his love of the club each time (Does anyone know if this is not the case ?
The 2009 Arsenal approach.

Tried to make things better for the club by seemingly arguing with the management.

He certainly hasn't changed my opinion of him by exercising his freedom of speech, what was he supposed to say  "Everything in the garden was peachy and I'm more than happy to have been terminated by email"  Againg who really knows.

Perhaps you may now like to give me an example of how he hasn't shown loyalty ?

You haven't given an example of loyalty yet, just a lot feel good fluff.

If he was loyal to the club he wouldn't be making the comments he's making now.  A offer was never made for him, by Arsenal of anyone else, but he did use the speculation to hold out and get a fat new contract.  He has never taken any responsibility for his woeful performances which led to relegation.   He still had a year left on his contract, and instead of honoring it and taking the wage reduction went looking for one last big payday.

Ordar

I think it's fairly obvious that Brede was looking to see what his options were before committing, and that isn't Magath's style. It's all or nothing. We will know that anyone that stays after this summer is 100% committed.

The owner is quite obviously committed based upon the money he's already put into the club, and Magath's is obviously committed or he would have jumped ship when he had the chance.

I personally think we'll win the league next year

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Ordar on July 09, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
I think it's fairly obvious that Brede was looking to see what his options were before committing, and that isn't Magath's style. It's all or nothing. We will know that anyone that stays after this summer is 100% committed.

The owner is quite obviously committed based upon the money he's already put into the club, and Magath's is obviously committed or he would have jumped ship when he had the chance.

I personally think we'll win the league next year

:033:,  don't say the out loud, you'll jinx us. 

Barrett487

I believe that Sir Alex was a pretty hard taskmaster, with a 'do it my way, or get out' philosophy...... Nonetheless he was respected and gave respect to players who worked hard and showed the passion (apart from Keano).

I think Brede needs Redknappite man- manager for him to return the love. Magath is not the man, he will respond to blood and guts and falling on the sword.

I like Brede, but he needs buttering up, lol

I also believe he is an honest man... that he sincerely loves Fulham... and that he feels hard done by. I wish you well Brede, wherever you end up.

Barrie

I feel a lot of sympathy towards Brede, I don't think he has done anything unacceptable to tarnish the fondness I have for him either during his time with the club or after.  I believe he truly loves the club, and although I don't think he was captain material, I had respect for the manner he conducted himself in during that time.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

K33NY

I think of Brede has a great servant, and a great person who has been in Fulham, but comeon get over it allready, take a little selfcriticism, players get payed thousand of thousand every week for running after a ball, and as soon a hard manager comes in, they cant handle it.

Get over it and move instead of embarrasing yourself in the media! Less respect for Hangeland now...

JBH

Quote from: Barrie on July 09, 2014, 07:38:15 PM
I feel a lot of sympathy towards Brede, I don't think he has done anything unacceptable to tarnish the fondness I have for him either during his time with the club or after.  I believe he truly loves the club, and although I don't think he was captain material, I had respect for the manner he conducted himself in during that time.
Sorry but if he loved the club he wouldn't slag it off on Sky Sports News

Pie and mash

He's clearly just a bit bitter.

Would be amusing if he struggles to find a club now

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: JBH on July 09, 2014, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: Barrie on July 09, 2014, 07:38:15 PM
I feel a lot of sympathy towards Brede, I don't think he has done anything unacceptable to tarnish the fondness I have for him either during his time with the club or after.  I believe he truly loves the club, and although I don't think he was captain material, I had respect for the manner he conducted himself in during that time.
Sorry but if he loved the club he wouldn't slag it off on Sky Sports News

If he loved the club he wouldn't say he'll stay and play in the championship but only under certain conditions.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

MasterHaynes

I believe someone else pointed it out early in the thread, I also suspec this agent got him onto Sky to drum up interest and remind clubs that he is available. Apart from the lazy journalism linking him to QPR it does not look like any offers have come in from premiership teams.

With time on his hands to dwell on no paypacket, uncertainty for him and his families future it's understandable he's bitter. A lot if us have been there.

The thing is put your self in the managers shoes , you approach the most senior player, the club captain and one of those responsible for the demise, pose a question on commitment to the cause and instead of a resounding yes you get well it depends on what the club does...what would you do?
I know I would not keep a player who I have received no enquiries, that should he remain would be one of the  highest earners, when I could use the funds to pay 2-3 very good players who really WANT to fight for the chance to play in the premiership.

Pluto

Quote from: Chesh on July 09, 2014, 06:40:21 PM
Unfortunately, my gut feeling is that I believe every word of that interview, and am not as optimistic as I would like to be at the moment. I also think it's completely irrelevant that Hangeland's words carry less credence just because he had a bad year himself. You can tell he is hurt, and it is a shame how the club seemingly communicates with the employees and fans nowadays.

(And I'm normally a glass half full kind of guy!)

:022:

I agree. Yes sure he's hurt and sure he hardly covered himself in glory last season and with this outburst, but there's no way an outburst like this from someone who clearly has affection for the club can be dismissed as sour grapes. It's hard to argue that the club hasn't lost its way, been poorly run and has lost some of its charm. The way Rene was sacked and now Brede shows that we are not going about things in the way we as the fans would like to believe we would.

As for Magath he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's any improvement on his two incompetent predecessors and I find the defence of him on here quite surprising consider we actually performed worse under him and endured some even worse tactical decisions than Jol and Rene put together (Burn at right back anyone?)

I would love to believe I really would but the evidence is massively stacked in Brede's favour and corresponds with what we've heard from a number of senior players since they left. It's just too much of a coincidence. I'll get behind Magath and the team as always but this is worrying it really is.

Riverside

That settles that then . Hangeland and Magath both staying was not going to happen !

Given that Hangeland struggled under Jol and Rene his lack of form cannot all the responsibility of Magath .

Sad end to one of the best players Fulham had . But his time had passed . Will be very surprised if he can regain the form of 3-4 seasons ago .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SP

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 09, 2014, 08:32:22 PM
I believe someone else pointed it out early in the thread, I also suspec this agent got him onto Sky to drum up interest and remind clubs that he is available. Apart from the lazy journalism linking him to QPR it does not look like any offers have come in from premiership teams.

With time on his hands to dwell on no paypacket, uncertainty for him and his families future it's understandable he's bitter. A lot if us have been there.

The thing is put your self in the managers shoes , you approach the most senior player, the club captain and one of those responsible for the demise, pose a question on commitment to the cause and instead of a resounding yes you get well it depends on what the club does...what would you do?
I know I would not keep a player who I have received no enquiries, that should he remain would be one of the  highest earners, when I could use the funds to pay 2-3 very good players who really WANT to fight for the chance to play in the premiership.

:plus one:
QPR wont waste their limited funds on Brede, the prospect of a move away from London & placing his kids in new schools probably doesn't appeal.