watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz has agreed terms with Besiktas

Started by Admin, July 15, 2014, 09:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadey

besiktas are on the verge of signing Demba Ba...very much doubt they can afford Ruiz as well....Italy his most likely destination

Pie and mash

Signing Ba and Ruiz wouldn't be beyond them.
Signing Ba and Mitro would be

nose

Quote from: Holders on July 15, 2014, 09:15:16 PM
Pity - but at least Nose will be happy.

i am not unhappy
My only concern is for the well being of the team/club that i have supported for so many years.... everything i say is in support of making us better.... ruiz had two+ seasons to make an impact and really he failed.... i think the english game is not for him

some people said we didn't use him properly, there was a 'different position' for him that would make him more effective, but never said what that position might be... the truth is he played a variety of positions and he looked lightweight in them all.

his performances at the world cup were interesting... he was in a team that really went into overdrive and when he had masses of space and time he looked OK, he doesn't get that in england, but I sincerely believe that it is best for him and us to part.

i wish him well.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 09:27:55 PM
If Dejagah and/or Mitroglu leave now as well I'll be worried

I should get a prescription for some calm-you-down tablets because I imagine two out of the three and all three leaving are quite possible, even likely, events despite what Magath said

Berbasilk_111

He's not gonna leave, he's determined more than ever to make his mark in England.. He's not the type to give up

Pie and mash

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 09:27:55 PM
If Dejagah and/or Mitroglu leave now as well I'll be worried

I should get a prescription for some calm-you-down tablets because I imagine two out of the three and all three leaving are quite possible, even likely, events despite what Magath said

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 09:54:18 PM
Mitro has the potential to be quality in this division. I'd give him till January THEN get rid of him if we haven't seen enough.

If Magath doesn't want him we should sell now, not put him on show in the Championship with the risk that he doesn't perform or doesn't recover from his injury.

If Magath does want him in the PL then I would loan him out for a year. As has been said for other players, rainy Tuesday nights in the north in front of small crowds is probably not going to motivate Mitroglu if the PL and the World Cup didn't spark him into life.

ron

Quote from: nose on July 15, 2014, 10:40:18 PM
Quote from: Holders on July 15, 2014, 09:15:16 PM
Pity - but at least Nose will be happy.

i am not unhappy
My only concern is for the well being of the team/club that i have supported for so many years.... everything i say is in support of making us better.... ruiz had two+ seasons to make an impact and really he failed.... i think the english game is not for him

some people said we didn't use him properly, there was a 'different position' for him that would make him more effective, but never said what that position might be... the truth is he played a variety of positions and he looked lightweight in them all.

his performances at the world cup were interesting... he was in a team that really went into overdrive and when he had masses of space and time he looked OK, he doesn't get that in england, but I sincerely believe that it is best for him and us to part.

i wish him well.

Yes, I agree with every word of that too.

Pie and mash

I'd suggest he's lacking fitness not motivation

ron

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 10:50:50 PM
Mitro has the potential to be quality in this division. I'd give him till January THEN get rid of him if we haven't seen enough.

If Magath doesn't want him we should sell now, not put him on show in the Championship with the risk that he doesn't perform or doesn't recover from his injury.

If Magath does want him in the PL then I would loan him out for a year. As has been said for other players, rainy Tuesday nights in the north in front of small crowds is probably not going to motivate Mitroglu if the PL and the World Cup didn't spark him into life.

Perhaps we shouldn't blame him for the club's view that he was the silver bullet in a dire situation, and one in which the club panicked and threw cash at a player unfit and unsuitable.

But in my book he is just another high cost cock-up to match some of the monumental wastes of cash in our recent past.

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 10:52:24 PM

Is that Mitroglu you are talking about?

I didn't see much of his World Cup performances but the impression seemed to be that he still looked as though he was coming back from a long layoff during which he hadn't been taking much care with his diet.

Is this a sign that he has a persistent injury that he can't shake off and begin to train seriously? Surely the World Cup should have been motivation enough to get back into serious training?

Admin

Mitro is still only 26, and it would do him a world of good to stay at Fulham for at least a season, to concentrate on his fitness. If by January, he's banging in the goals, he either leaves if we're nowhere near getting promoted, or he stays and goes up with us.

Unfortunately, footballers don't think like that these days. It's all about the money, image and limelight. Unfortunately for Mitro, I think fulham and the Championship will cramp his style so I fully expect him to be off.

Pie and mash

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 11:04:13 PM

I didn't see much of his World Cup performances but the impression seemed to be that he still looked as though he was coming back from a long layoff during which he hadn't been taking much care with his diet.

Is this a sign that he has a persistent injury that he can't shake off and begin to train seriously? Surely the World Cup should have been motivation enough to get back into serious training?

I wouldn't judge him based on a couple of sub appearances for the most defensive team in the entire competition.

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 15, 2014, 11:18:06 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 11:04:13 PM

I wouldn't judge him based on a couple of sub appearances for the most defensive team in the entire competition.

I am not going to judge his technical ability on what little I've seen but I am concerned about his long term injury problems and fitness.

HatterDon

based upon what evidence?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Aaron

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 03:23:00 AM

based upon what evidence?

If you took the in form Kostas Mitroglou that existed at Olympiacos not so long ago then I'd say our friend has a point.

I'm not entirely certain that Mitroglou exists anymore though.

Aaron

On the Ruiz subject, I just want him gone.

I appreciate what the ardent Ruiz supporters are saying about being played out of position, it was Berbatov's fault, Jol's fault, he just needs time, he'll come good or whatever.  He's left a really, really bad taste in my mouth.

I had a really nice guitar once.  It was the first ever high end Ibanez I'd ever bought for myself and I bought it new off the peg in a local shop at probably £300 more than I could have found it online.  But I wanted it, so I got it.

Everything was fine until I dropped it on stage once and a crack appeared on the back of the headstock where it meets the neck.  It was really only a lacquer crack mind you, but I left it in with a chap to fix it up anyways.  There was nothing wrong with that guitar afterwards, it played perfectly but I ended up selling it anyway because I just couldn't shake the notion that it was now damaged goods and I'd be better off with something different.

This is exactly how I feel about Bryan Ruiz. 

In my skewed perception of things he's up there with Jol and Berbatov as the primary cause of our relegation.  I'm sure I'm not right, I'm sure the lad will be brilliant elsewhere.  I'm sure if he stayed he'd be brilliant for us, but I don't want him to..  I just want to forget it ever happened and move on.

RaySmith

I'm still unconvinced about Ruiz in English football, and I also can't believe he would want to return, and I'm sure he could do better than the Championship.

The club shipped him out as soon as Jol was sacked, and that must leave a bitter taste in his mouth, and a determination to prove Fulham wrong - elsewhere.

I'm not sure how Felix would feel about him coming back - probably welcome him - he's a top player after all, but I can't see it happening though.

As for Mitro - I think he will return to his best - why not? And would certainly be an asset for us if he does, but I somehow doubt he will play for us again..