watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mixed emotions for me today really.

Started by Riversider, July 23, 2014, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

We've signed Eisfeld and Chihi, but looks like we are about to lose Dejagah and Rodallega, so have we taken a step forward today or two back ?
Eisfeld sounds as though he has promise, but, will he be able to play in the same side as Chris David ? I can't see it, so that means he is a squad addition waiting for his place, and ask yourself will Chihi be an upgrade on Dejagah ? Probably not,
But the big news is the proposed departure of Rodallega to River Plate, make no mistake this is a big loss for Fulham Football Club, his pace up front would have made a difference to us, and I can't quite understand why you would sign a forward for £10 million and then pair him with 17 and 18 year olds, makes no sense to me, 
So personally think we've been weakened today despite all the euphoria on here,
We need a centre back and a mid field general , and perhaps the like of Patrick Bamford on a season long loan from Chelsea , get these in and my confidence will start to rise.

GloucesterWhite

Think that's a good assessment. But Felix did suggest that he wanted a few experienced newcomers, so there could be more to come.

God The Mechanic

Considering how disappointing the "known" have been for us over the last few years, I'm more inclined to be cautiously optimistic by our new unknown.

Big Martin Jol

It sounds obvious, but we need to reset our sights.

On paper at least, we're not going to be a stronger outfit than last season - the financial situation just won't allow it. It's about managing that situation whilst simultaneously building a team capable of being competitive in a weaker division and giving us a platform back to the Premier League.

In the Premier League, this team would get no where. But this isn't a team designed for the Premier League right now, it's about managing a vast reduction in resources whilst being competitive in the Championship.

Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Bradstow

Will be sad if Dejagah goes but Hugo? - sell him he has never performed and never will
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

hovewhite

Keep the jag ,also hugo could be massive in the championship.

Arthur

When a team gets relegated from the PL, players leave. The question of whether or not we are stronger than we were, therefore, is less important than whether or not we are strong enough (to gain promotion).

Looking at some of the other teams' squads, I feel more confident with each player that we've added.

Riversider

I really don't get all this, the financial implications kick in next May, not now, we've just received a cheque for £64 million , more than Man U got for winning it the year before, it's next May when the cheque is given out that you start to take a hit, hence the relief at QPR when they got promoted !
And let's not forget were owned by a man with a personal fortune worth twice more than Al Fayed had, so why we have to have the likes of Fotheringham on trial from League 1 is beyond me,
When Dejagah, Ruiz and Rodallega leave our transfer spend will be in credit !
Let's spend some money on a decent centre back and a midfield enforcer then we are ready for a challenge.

Lighthouse

Well the squad to go to the USA has been named. Plenty of players not mentioned. Mccormack not going. Nor is Deejagah or Stockers. But Rodders is. I don't think we would consider selling him and still have him as our main striker on tour.

So I think we need a keeper but if Rodders stays we may still just need a centre half and a central midfielder.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Arthur

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2014, 04:41:19 PM
I really don't get all this, the financial implications kick in next May, not now, we've just received a cheque for £64 million , more than Man U got for winning it the year before, it's next May when the cheque is given out that you start to take a hit, hence the relief at QPR when they got promoted !
And let's not forget were owned by a man with a personal fortune worth twice more than Al Fayed had, so why we have to have the likes of Fotheringham on trial from League 1 is beyond me,
Let's spend some money on a decent centre back and a midfield enforcer then we are ready for a challenge.

Your original post asks whether we are stronger or weaker. It doesn't ask whether or not we should be spending larger sums on transfer fees. That's a different argument, is it not?

dartfordwhite

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2014, 04:41:19 PM

I believe the parachute payments are paid out over a certain amount of years to avoid another Portsmouth situation. I may be wrong but perhaps this is why we're not spending like QPR did. Their relief was due to the fact they now get tv revenue to make up all they splashed out.

I too am getting a little worried with the amount we are off-loading. Having just looked at the official photoshoot pictures, I hardly recognise any of the team. Dejagah would be a big loss in my eyes, think he could rip Championship defences apart.

MJG

Parachute payments are paid over four years all equal payments.

premFlem

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on July 23, 2014, 04:32:46 PM
It sounds obvious, but we need to reset our sights.

On paper at least, we're not going to be a stronger outfit than last season - the financial situation just won't allow it. It's about managing that situation whilst simultaneously building a team capable of being competitive in a weaker division and giving us a platform back to the Premier League.

In the Premier League, this team would get no where. But this isn't a team designed for the Premier League right now, it's about managing a vast reduction in resources whilst being competitive in the Championship.

I disagree weve just spent 11 mil on a striker which shows great intent also it would be virtually impossible to be weaker than last season, now hopefully we are shedding the last vestiges of Jols diabolical reign.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

YankeeJim

Quote from: MJG on July 23, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

If a team bounces right back up, do they still receive the final three payments?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Humbled

Quote from: Bradstow on July 23, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
Will be sad if Dejagah goes but Hugo? - sell him he has never performed and never will

See now if I had to lose one I would let to of Dejagah.

Chesh

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 23, 2014, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 23, 2014, 05:54:13 PM
If a team bounces right back up, do they still receive the final three payments?
I would doubt it very much, especially not in addition to their new Premier league money for the following year (otherwise teams that get relegated for one year will end up with more money than if they had stayed in the Prem)
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Humbled on July 23, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

I agree H.
Dejaga comes on for 20mins as an impact sub. Can't play a full game. That makes him a luxury we cannot afford in this division. Take the money and get in a 90min winger.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Max Headroom

The bottom line is this is a typical Magath transfer window... "All change"

He seems to have decided that he is going to do it with youth. Even the players being brought in apart from McCormack are young.

none of us have a clue how good we will be when the season starts. It's equally exciting and scary.

I am looking forward to this season a hell of a lot more than I was in May.

HatterDon

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 24, 2014, 08:20:11 AM

I agree H.
Dejaga comes on for 20mins as an impact sub. Can't play a full game. That makes him a luxury we cannot afford in this division. Take the money and get in a 90min winger.

according to whom?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Aaron

Quote from: HatterDon on July 24, 2014, 04:59:15 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 24, 2014, 08:20:11 AM

I agree H.

according to whom?

Well, in his last 10 games he's played the full 90 minutes once (When we lost 3-1 to Spurs).