News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Tomasz Kuszczak the keepr who is 'supposedly' on trial with us?

Started by Admin, July 30, 2014, 11:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 31, 2014, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 31, 2014, 10:42:31 AM
Stockdale needed replacing if Magath felt that he needed replacing.
Which he presumably knew three months ago.

Indeed which explains why he hasn't been playing in the friendlies.

Key question is who the replacement is and the extent to which it's a done deal. There may have been several possibles or even the proposition that for Magath it was anyone but Stockdale.

Magath clearly is not "normal". What we don't yet know is whether his transformation of the squad will prove successful. I wouldn't predict either way.

Nero

But you can only sell when you have a buyer willing to pay your price

RaySmith

Felix has the mentality of a 'winner', shown as a player and manager.

He seems like someone with strong self belief, who has tried and tested methods of gaining success.

He seems to expect strong application and self motivation from his players, and is no respecter of big names, or established reputations.

But, of course, he didn't manage to keep us up last year, though he had little time, but now he has brought his own players in, though generally on a budget, and has had time to implement his own methods.

Whether he will get success with this team remains to be seen, what with it being a brand new squad and inexperienced in this league, but I expect a disciplined , hard working team, with the emphasis on 'team', with no little skill and talent, as well as graft.

But whether or not we will gain success, we will have to wait and see.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Nero on July 31, 2014, 12:33:14 PM
But you can only sell when you have a buyer willing to pay your price
Which is presumably why we haven't managed to sell Stekelenburg yet.

Skatzoffc

Stockdale needed replacing if Magath felt that he needed replacing. The replacement will be someone that Magath thinks is better.

I think it's inconceivable that we aren't about to sign a new keeper but who knows who. Kuszcack wouldn't be the worst option by any means. An experienced safe pair of hands I would have thought but the judgment is Magath's not ours to make.

We are seeing the most comprehensive makeover that I think has ever been done at our level and the process is clearly incomplete.

The Ipswich match isn't any sort of deadline because the window stays open for three more weeks and loans are allowed at virtually any time. We could start badly and gradually improve as Magath tries to fix what isn't working.

Currently we have close to a score of young potential starters some of whom will impress and others who won't and will be seen less and less.

The complete unknowable is whether Magath has the ability to pull this off. His track record shows that he could but there is a risk that he's a man out of place and out of time.

I'm enjoying watching what's developing - whether it succeeds who knows.

:plus one:
The voice of reason has spoken
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Admin

Quote from: RaySmith on July 31, 2014, 12:38:42 PM
Felix has the mentality of a 'winner', shown as a player and manager.

He seems like someone with strong self belief, who has tried and tested methods of gaining success.

He seems to expect strong application and self motivation from his players, and is no respecter of big names, or established reputations.

But, of course, he didn't manage to keep us up last year, though he had little time, but now he has brought his own players in, though generally on a budget, and has had time to implement his own methods.

Whether he will get success with this team remains to be seen, what with it being a brand new squad and inexperienced in this league, but I expect a disciplined , hard working team, with the emphasis on 'team', with no little skill and talent, as well as graft.

But whether or not we will gain success, we will have to wait and see.

Kind of how I see it, and although Stockdale was a nice bloke with the fans, good with the odd Tweet now and then, he really didn't fit into the above.