watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think BOOING is the answer

Started by Roberty, August 21, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

I we are going to continue booing none of them will want to play and those that are the chosen victims will not put up any fight because if they play badly it will excuse them from being booed at the next game.

If I was Pat Roberts agent I would be spending this week phoning round the Premier League to find him somewhere more welcoming to play.

So boo at every opportunity - they will play badly - our most promising players will have their agents looking for new clubs

Result - Felix will be fired

Then we will all be happy - SIMPLES

Perhaps not?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

alfie

I was looking at stats put on this site the other day (can't remember who or when) showing teams that had been promoted from Championship that started really badly, i think one of them lost their first 5/6 games. We have had 3 games where in 2 of them we had 60% possession and played quite good football, without the end result, and one poor game,  and the next thing "Felix out", so it's now a 4th manager in the matter of a year that is being demanded.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jelmo

Quote from: Roberty on August 21, 2014, 04:16:47 PM
I we are going to continue booing none of them will want to play and those that are the chosen victims will not put up any fight because if they play badly it will excuse them from being booed at the next game.

If I was Pat Roberts agent I would be spending this week phoning round the Premier League to find him somewhere more welcoming to play.

So boo at every opportunity - they will play badly - our most promising players will have their agents looking for new clubs

Perhaps not?

I think the booing was mainly aimed at Magath to be fair.

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on August 21, 2014, 04:22:12 PM
I was looking at stats put on this site the other day (can't remember who or when) showing teams that had been promoted from Championship that started really badly, i think one of them lost their first 5/6 games. We have had 3 games where in 2 of them we had 60% possession and played quite good football, without the end result, and one poor game,  and the next thing "Felix out", so it's now a 4th manager in the matter of a year that is being demanded.

0001.jpeg

Roberty

Quote from: jelmo on August 21, 2014, 04:25:20 PM
Quote from: Roberty on August 21, 2014, 04:16:47 PM

Perhaps not?

I think the booing was mainly aimed at Magath to be fair.

There is nothing to be fair about - the PLAYERS were booed

SimpleTactics

I was looking at stats put on this site the other day (can't remember who or when) showing teams that had been promoted from Championship that started really badly, i think one of them lost their first 5/6 games. We have had 3 games where in 2 of them we had 60% possession and played quite good football, without the end result, and one poor game,  and the next thing "Felix out", so it's now a 4th manager in the matter of a year that is being demanded.

Possession means nothing in this league. You need a game plan of how to break down teams that are very physical, shut you down quick and have the majority of their team behind the ball.

supersimmo123

Im sorry but people are entitled to boo. We as fans pay a lot of money to watch these games and also its our only voice. Im not saying I neccessarily agree with it but you can understand it. We have had to put up with too much rubbish for too long, the writing has been on the wall fo 2 seasons and from the outside it looks as if Ali Mac and co have just been content with sitting around and chucking mud and seeing what sticks. The clubs core seems to be rotten, something doesnt fit right with me. The promise of spending cash to get us up and so far a net spend of 0 and a manager that is chucking 18 year olds in a situation which is ridiculous. the strategy should have been to give the more experiened players, Burn, Kaca et al the first few games and blood the youngsters slowly after picking up a few points. The confidence bashing will be put on the youngsters as a result of Felix using them at the wrong time and putting too much expectation on their shoulders.

Roberty

Quote from: supersimmo123 on August 21, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Im sorry but people are entitled to boo. We as fans pay a lot of money to watch these games and also its our only voice. Im not saying I neccessarily agree with it but you can understand it. We have had to put up with too much rubbish for too long, the writing has been on the wall fo 2 seasons and from the outside it looks as if Ali Mac and co have just been content with sitting around and chucking mud and seeing what sticks. The clubs core seems to be rotten, something doesnt fit right with me. The promise of spending cash to get us up and so far a net spend of 0 and a manager that is chucking 18 year olds in a situation which is ridiculous. the strategy should have been to give the more experiened players, Burn, Kaca et al the first few games and blood the youngsters slowly after picking up a few points. The confidence bashing will be put on the youngsters as a result of Felix using them at the wrong time and putting too much expectation on their shoulders.

I agree - everyone should boo - as paying customers we are entitled to do that

All our most promising players will leave the others will play badly and Felix will be fired, which is exactly what we want - isn't it?

Roberty

Quote from: SimpleTactics on August 21, 2014, 04:28:49 PM
I was looking at stats put on this site the other day (can't remember who or when) showing teams that had been promoted from Championship that started really badly, i think one of them lost their first 5/6 games. We have had 3 games where in 2 of them we had 60% possession and played quite good football, without the end result, and one poor game,  and the next thing "Felix out", so it's now a 4th manager in the matter of a year that is being demanded.

Possession means nothing in this league. You need a game plan of how to break down teams that are very physical, shut you down quick and have the majority of their team behind the ball.

I am not sure about any others but my son told me that Reading went - WDLLLL - in their promotion year.

Jimpav

Booing is lazy and counter productive.

If your grief is with Magath then you could at least make a banner/poster  proclaiming this, write to the club or organise a protest march.

Alternatively you could join a bunch of mindless sheep in a half-hearted outpouring of anxiety that barely lasted beyond the whistle being blown.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes ! you a quite right Roberty ...................... BOOING APPEARS TO BE THE WAY FORWARD
Just the thing to put a spring in the player's  step.  

Roberty

Quote from: KCat on August 21, 2014, 04:50:44 PM
Yes ! you a quite right Roberty ...................... BOOING APPEARS TO BE THE WAY FORWARD
Just the thing to put a spring in the player's  step.  

I can't agree more - their agents will have them sprung from their contracts and out of here, by the end on September we will be fielding our under 11's

Twig

Booing is the last resort of the scoundrel.

crazycottager

look, i love how quaint the club can be, but i can't sit by and watch this, it hurts too much. this is the last resort of a man who's desperate.

Artful Dodger

I can't see what is wrong with a chorus of booing towards the collective at the final whistle but I would not advocate picking on individual players.

Perhaps though, you could clarify what the correct procedure is for showing displeasure at the current situation without upsetting anyone (players or fans) at Derby on Saturday?? Perhaps a few songs, "Felix Out", "We want our Fulham back" or "You don't know what you're doing". Are any of these acceptable? And I will try not to swear either.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Burt

I have never booed a team in my life, and bear in mind that I have seen some real dross since I started following the whites in '74. I personally don't see how booing has any productive outcome.

Roberty

Quote from: crazycottager on August 21, 2014, 05:19:25 PM
look, i love how quaint the club can be, but i can't sit by and watch this, it hurts too much. this is the last resort of a man who's desperate.

If you are desperate I would encourage you to BOO - it will make you feel better - if you discourage the players they will play badly and the good ones will leave

Then Felix will be fired and your hurt will go away.

It is the perfect cure - Dr Roberty will write a prescription for you

Roberty

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 21, 2014, 05:21:36 PM
I can't see what is wrong with a chorus of booing towards the collective at the final whistle but I would not advocate picking on individual players.

Perhaps though, you could clarify what the correct procedure is for showing displeasure at the current situation without upsetting anyone (players or fans) at Derby on Saturday?? Perhaps a few songs, "Felix Out", "We want our Fulham back" or "You don't know what you're doing". Are any of these acceptable? And I will try not to swear either.

I quite agree with you - at the final whistle we should all BOO loudly - if our best young players leave and the team plays badly - Felix will be fired

In fact I think you should BOO at the half-time whistle too - just to make sure they know what is coming at the end of the match

I don't need to clarify anything - you answered your own question

Fulham Tup North

092.gif    So what should the fans do?  Sit there like Church mice, with their arms folded, tutting quietly under their breath and watch the next 21 Home Games in silence as Fulham crash out of the Championship into League One.  Yes, Yes your right. For Fulham to fail all that needs to happen is for genuine fans to hide their heads in the sand and say nothing. 
We could cheer like maniacs, but with the sides that Felix keeps picking and putting out, it would make no difference.  You can get upset about the good youngsters leaving, but in fairness, unless you are prepared to watch them playing embarrassingly out of their depth & out of position for the rest of the season, they are better off away from Fulham. 
It is like watching a car crash about to take place and doing nothing about it.  We will all be as guilty of the demise of Fulham as Ali Mac, Khan & Felix.
You decide. 090.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Roberty

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 21, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
092.gif    So what should the fans do?  Sit there like Church mice, with their arms folded, tutting quietly under their breath and watch the next 21 Home Games in silence as Fulham crash out of the Championship into League One.  Yes, Yes your right. For Fulham to fail all that needs to happen is for genuine fans to hide their heads in the sand and say nothing. 
We could cheer like maniacs, but with the sides that Felix keeps picking and putting out, it would make no difference.  You can get upset about the good youngsters leaving, but in fairness, unless you are prepared to watch them playing embarrassingly out of their depth & out of position for the rest of the season, they are better off away from Fulham. 
It is like watching a car crash about to take place and doing nothing about it.  We will all be as guilty of the demise of Fulham as Ali Mac, Khan & Felix.
You decide. 090.gif

I quite agree with you booing our players is the only answer - we have all brought our season tickets so it is too late to hit them in their pockets

I also think we are all going to feel better if we try to do something - so believe me booing is the answer

After all there is safety in numbers so collective guilt will be the safest option if Felix will not come onto the pitch for an encore when the players are in the changing room