News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's surprisingly quiet on here since we won...

Started by Jimpav, August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Jimpav on August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Has the cat got some tongues or is everyone eating humble pie?

What a dumb post. You think we don't want the tam to win? And one win chnages nothing. Hopefully it will be the start of a run and we would all cheer that, but there is still lots of problems that need to be fixed.

mungos beans

I want the inept man out he hasn't got a clue.....Fotheringham for god sake and a past it goalie.  Let's see how we get on against Cardiff at the weekend he is as bad as jol.

Baszab

I didn't go (as I am away) but have just read the Times report which is hardly glowing - says we were sluggish, Brentford had plenty of opportunities including hitting the post, McC looked unfit and the defence looked nervous

RaySmith

Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2014, 08:38:28 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on August 27, 2014, 06:49:05 AM
Bettennelli did well, but I can't see that Joronen's done much wrong either.

Burn was very good, and serves to start again - shows he wasn't frozen out then.

We are seeing the basis of a settled side, though I agree that the chopping and changing must be unsettling, but it's obviously hard with a completely new team to find your best eleven.

But the team seemed to grow in all important confidence after not conceding early, and began creating a few good chances ourselves, one of which, by no means an easy one, McC managed to take and break his duck.

Hopefully, we will kick on from this, and these players  will play to their undoubted potential, and a settled, confident team emerge.

If Burn on that form wasn't frozen out then why did he not start the last 4 games then? One win does not change the fact that Felix is clueless, Fotheringham instead of Hydman for example? David on the bench for two games with his ability and he made the goal? the list goes on. The OP is just carrying on trying to create divisions between the fans .We won against a lack lustre Swansea when their team were already on the beach, nothing to play for and look where that has left us

I heard that Hyndman was injured.

Because the manager doesn't choose a player doesn't mean he is 'frozen out.' Players can have knocks etc.

Yes, it does seem odd, especially since Burns has Prem experience - but all managers make decisions which  fans disagree with in my experience.

If a manager 'freezes players out', which implies something personal -yes, that is pretty damming, but I have not seen concrete evidence that Felix does this.

Felix is  obviously very likely to be sacked, and will lives and die by results, like everyone in the game.

TonyGilroy

That makes 1 win in 5.

To avoid relegation we need 1 in 3 and to get promotion close to 2 in 3.

I doubt there's anyone on here who wouldn't be delighted if Magath turned out to be a successful manager but to date the odds on that seem exceptionally long.

An occasional victory changes nothing. Saturday's selection and performance will be interesting to say the least.

filham

Delighted to see a win but the hard fact remains that we have yet to win in the Championship.

Sorry Felix but we will all be demanding a result on Saturday, the pressure is still on.

Fernhurst

We need to evaluate last nights win a little more closely....... As last seasons promotion boys Brentfords position in the Championship is fragile and from an outsiders perspective much weaker than Fulham's.
As this was The League Cup both teams made multiple changes (although it appears changes in personnel is our managers MO).
Anyone who witnessed our last home game where Kevin Macdonald of Wolves completely and utterly bossed our midfield would not suffer under any illusion last nights game was in anyway similar.
The issue is ... A comprehensive mullering by Cardiff on Saturday leaves us where exactly? Twenty four hours before the window shuts, what manager of note would wish to walk into a club where the mandate is " Get us promotion using the youth team"
We lost twice to Cardiff last season, if Saturday proves to be the hatrick it leaves our owner in an awful quandary.
Absolutely delighted the lads got a win last night but Saturday's result is so much more important.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Jimpav on August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Has the cat got some tongues or is everyone eating humble pie?

We beat Brentford, 1-0. A team that plied their trade in League One last year. I don't think everyone is now sloping off and regretting the stance on Felix Out, I certainly am not.

blingo

but at least a positive platform to build on in terms of the result for us to go into the game with on saturday

MasterHaynes

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on August 27, 2014, 12:00:21 AM
its a win, and a clean sheet. Fantastic, but Im guessing the consensus is Betts and Burn along with David should be in the team before tonight.

Also, judging by the Matchday thread, any good work putting together a decent XI was undone by deciding to put Fotheringham in there, as well as making defensive subs towards the end of a match we should win with ease.

Hope Burn starts against Cardiff. Even if we're shot shy, it should increase the confidence having someone whos experienced at this level.
Ecstatic with the win, especially against Brentford after the abuse they had been giving us. Could have done without the stress of the injury time, sitting back again and inviting them on.
Agree wholeheartedly with your summary. Fotheringham should not be anywhere near the team. We have all been calling for Betts for the last few games along with Burn since first game. Felix has been reluctant to select him at all, only featured once in preseason and once on the bench since start of season but surprise, surprise he delivers a commanding performance which we all expected but I doubt Felix did.
If he drops Burn on saturday & starts Fotheringham then any goodwork achieved last night will be undone and  direct questions should hopefully be asked of him about his team selections by the media at his next prematch conference. 049:gif

Classic94

We won which is a good thing, but I'm not sold on Magath. One of our biggest gripes with the manager was his decision to sideline Burn (amongst others). As proven last night, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

colcliff

strange Man united get off to  a dreadful start
Burnley not won a game yet
QPR  not won in the league
yet no one is calling for their managers head
in fact the rumour is that Harry is going to be offered a longer contract
I know they are all in the prem  but if that was Fulham  the people who write on  here would be calling for their heads
people forget Alex Ferguson at Man unt  and Bobby Robson at Fulham  both had disastrous starts  but went on to be great managers
Give FM a bit more time it may not be the right choice but it could surprise us   

dannyboi-ffc

Even if magath turns this round he is still not right for fulham. The personality and values of him compared to what fulham 'should still be' are so different that I actually dont enjoy watching us as much as I used to. I dont feel theres a connection between them and us and magath will never change that.

Id rather a micky adams, chris coleman, roy hodgson type. Even tigana involved the fans more and seemed to care about the club. It feels like magaths just in it for himself and I dislike him for his attitude as well as his managing.

Its a shame but thats just how I feel. Fulhams changed since the yank bought us and I fear the club will only chamge its identity further. Hope im wrong but its not as enjoyable and I dont mean the results, I just mean the experience.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colcliff

yes was  real joy watching Fulham in the bottom tier and nearly going out of business
it was fun  every week, I don't think
its not perfect by a long way  but football is changing and sorry to say that although a lot of  managers  and clubs pay lip service to the fans  most in all truth don't give a toss
its all about the Money that can be generated and wealthy chairman putting money into the club and playing fantasy football

Baszab

It's all about FM and his big ego - how he can prove he can build a new team from nothing,  HIS way - and if doesn't work then tough luck FFC supporters and adios - he has belittled everything and everyone at the club including supporters - who wants that ?

I do if it works !!! But....... IT IS NOT WORKING

It's been a total unadulterated FAIL

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Baszab on August 27, 2014, 01:31:56 PM
It's all about FM and his big ego - how he can prove he can build a new team from nothing,  HIS way - and if doesn't work then tough luck FFC supporters and adios - he has belittled everything and everyone at the club including supporters - who wants that ?

I do if it works !!! But....... IT IS NOT WORKING

It's been a total unadulterated FAIL

totally agree

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: colcliff on August 27, 2014, 01:27:02 PM
yes was  real joy watching Fulham in the bottom tier and nearly going out of business
it was fun  every week, I don't think
its not perfect by a long way  but football is changing and sorry to say that although a lot of  managers  and clubs pay lip service to the fans  most in all truth don't give a toss
its all about the Money that can be generated and wealthy chairman putting money into the club and playing fantasy football

Since when did adams tigana coleman or hodgson manage us in the dark dark days? By that I assume you mean the late 80s,early 90s? Well I was born in 88 so I can only go on my.experience and those 4managers had a bigger bond with the club than keegan, hughes, jol or magath had and the common theme is first 4 were gentlemen and humble, last 4 were arrogant, big headed and knew they could do.better than fulham.

I want someone who feels.lucky to be at fulham and help us as well as themselves. We are magaths project to make him look good and his intentions are wrong. He has no interest in making anyone feel.comfortable or happy, just as long as he proves his rebuild is a success and makes him the saviour.

I just feel uncomfortable with the whole thing at the moment

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Logicalman

As I said in the previous thread - nothing would ever change. Those that want Felix out, still want him out, those that want him to stay, still want him to stay, and the rest - well they just sit back and watch the carnage.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: colcliff on August 27, 2014, 01:27:02 PM
yes was  real joy watching Fulham in the bottom tier and nearly going out of business  it was fun every week, I don't think
its not perfect by a long way  but football is changing and sorry to say that although a lot of managers and clubs pay lip service to the fans  most in all truth don't give a toss its all about the Money that can be generated and wealthy chairman putting money into the club and playing fantasy football

.. so very true, and even more so these days, especially in the Prem. So many true words have been written about how money has ruined the beautiful game, but thats just evolution I guess, just take a look at whats happened over here with commercials 10 seconds apart in some cases (yep 5 minutes of commercials, 10 seconds of play and back to 5 minutes of commercials - is that sport? Not as we grew up with it isn't).

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.