News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's surprisingly quiet on here since we won...

Started by Jimpav, August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcliff

Fulham were in the higher divisions  under tigana coleman and hodgson  only Adams were with us in the lower division
when without the goals of Mick Conroy  we would probably have struggled
Its seems like many people on here  are quite young or have only supported Fulham since they went into the premiership

colcliff

adams tigana coleman or hodgson keegan, hughes, jol or magath, had and the common theme is first 4 were gentlemen and humble, last 4 were arrogant, big headed and knew they could do.better than fulham
did Tigana not get taken to court or at least threatend by the club for defrauding then over the steve marlet affair
adams when we got promoted and el fayed took over went mad with the check book signing anyone who came on the market including Jimmy Agreee
Hodson who I admire a lot gave an interview saying he would not leave fulham then promptly went to Liverpool
only coleman was different and that was only because he had just pased his coaching badge and no one else would have given him a job at the time and  don't forget he was being mentored by steve kean
some times i think alittle success in the premiership blinds some people

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: colcliff on August 27, 2014, 02:34:58 PM
Fulham were in the higher divisions  under tigana coleman and hodgson  only Adams were with us in the lower division
when without the goals of Mick Conroy  we would probably have struggled
Its seems like many people on here  are quite young or have only supported Fulham since they went into the premiership

You old men love pulling out that little chest nut. Im 26 so unfortunately adams is where I remember clearly from. I was too young before him. Sorry that the years I was alive for blinded.my memory of a past I didnt exist in.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MAHLUF

Havent read all the comments on the game so no idea how we played.
Expected a poor 1 nil loss but of course happy we won as it has to boost moral.
For me tho playing Burn was a no brainer and hope he continues. Will have to wait for sat but if FM drops Burn after our only clean sheet then I will continue to think he
is clueless. Lets hope for the best whoever plays but not going to be posting that we are the new finished article and brag about beating a side who were two leagues below us  6 months ago. Its good but it aint great

jarv

It is quiet because everybody is probably in a state of shock.....   we won. To top it, our 11 million man scored and apparently had one just offside.  Glimmer of hope. :54:

The Rock

Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2014, 08:38:28 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on August 27, 2014, 06:49:05 AM
Bettennelli did well, but I can't see that Joronen's done much wrong either.

Burn was very good, and serves to start again - shows he wasn't frozen out then.

We are seeing the basis of a settled side, though I agree that the chopping and changing must be unsettling, but it's obviously hard with a completely new team to find your best eleven.

But the team seemed to grow in all important confidence after not conceding early, and began creating a few good chances ourselves, one of which, by no means an easy one, McC managed to take and break his duck.

Hopefully, we will kick on from this, and these players  will play to their undoubted potential, and a settled, confident team emerge.

If Burn on that form wasn't frozen out then why did he not start the last 4 games then? One win does not change the fact that Felix is clueless, Fotheringham instead of Hydman for example? David on the bench for two games with his ability and he made the goal? the list goes on. The OP is just carrying on trying to create divisions between the fans .We won against a lack lustre Swansea when their team were already on the beach, nothing to play for and look where that has left us

David didn't make the bench those other games - he was straight left out.

tonynorton

Bill2

Quote from: Jimpav on August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Has the cat got some tongues or is everyone eating humble pie?

Just seen the link on another thread and still a lot of work to do. Gave Brentford too much room and did not pick up players when defending. Still a lot of work to do.

Craven Mad

As far as Im concerned, it was nice to a) get a win, b) see a lineup that included Burn, David and Bettinelli. However, in reality, this was a game a) in the cup (not the league), b) against Brentford (who aren't in the same class of Derby etc - who we should really be competing with).

When we start getting wins in the league, and Felix starts playing our best players in the league, I may feel more confident. However, as of now, I am still deeply cynical about our chances.

Once thing I am confident in saying is that last night's result has not necessitated the eating of humble pie, and certainly shouldn't necessitate smug posting from the "I told you so" brigade; one swallow does not make a summer...

colcliff

You old men love pulling out that little chest nut. Im 26 so unfortunately adams is where I remember clearly from. I was too young before him. Sorry that the years I was alive for blinded.my memory of a past I didn't exist in.
well I was not born when Fulham were founded or during the war years but i still know the history of the club
but a lot of people on here up to last season had only known the good times
where some of us old people have been through it all before  and believe me it can get worse yet
there are some on here if we one 5-0 the would not be happy it was not 6
you may think we harp on but  some of us old people remember travelling  to places  Carlise to watch us get beaten  on a cold winters day
but we did not keep moaning about the club manager and players like some do on here

Deanothefulhamfan

It is going to take a lot more than beating a weakened Brentford squad for me to change my opinion, It was a good result yesterday but for the first time this season FM has got it right with his selections, and we got a result.... Burns expulsions until yesterday is unbelievably bad... Also our far more experienced young keeper, has had to sit out of 4 games when Joronen has looked so far out of his depth. Both of which made a real difference yesterday from what I hear.... David is also our most creative player and his expulsion after looking promising against Ipswich is another strange decision. These 3 all done well and have to start.

How is Fotheringham ahead of LVC and Hyndman is a joke as well.....

FM must build on his shambolic start, if he does then I will start eating my words, until then I will take the pleasant and unexpected victory and enjoy the next few days.

jelmo

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 27, 2014, 04:07:21 PM
As far as Im concerned, it was nice to a) get a win, b) see a lineup that included Burn, David and Bettinelli. However, in reality, this was a game a) in the cup (not the league), b) against Brentford (who aren't in the same class of Derby etc - who we should really be competing with).

When we start getting wins in the league, and Felix starts playing our best players in the league, I may feel more confident. However, as of now, I am still deeply cynical about our chances.

Once thing I am confident in saying is that last night's result has not necessitated the eating of humble pie, and certainly shouldn't necessitate smug posting from the "I told you so" brigade; one swallow does not make a summer...

It was a pretty smug OP. Probably should have waited to start this thread until the final whistle on Saturday.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: colcliff on August 27, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
You old men love pulling out that little chest nut. Im 26 so unfortunately adams is where I remember clearly from. I was too young before him. Sorry that the years I was alive for blinded.my memory of a past I didn't exist in.
well I was not born when Fulham were founded or during the war years but i still know the history of the club
where some of us old people have been through it all before  and believe me it can get worse yet
you may think we harp on but  some of us old people remember travelling  to places  Carlise to watch us get beaten  on a cold winters day
but we did not keep moaning about the club manager and players like some do on here

I know about the history but sometimes I feel the oldies have the attirude 'if you werent around in the dark days then your not a proper fan' which is very shallow and short sighted.

Like I said I know the history but it would be naive and a bit arrogant of.me to ramble on about an era I didnt experience. It would undermine you who was actually there.

Thats why that comment always winds me up because I dont  think its a fair one. We have many glory fans, probably from the europa journey onwards but most of them will be gone soon. Try not to stereotype all young fans. Im sure you wouldnt of liked it when you were my age if you were just brushed off as a young fan who jumped on the bandwagon.

66 years of black and white, from grandad to mum to me and my sister to my kids and one day her kids. We dont.live forever so its nice to accept a new generation every once in a while
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jimpav

A few people thought my original post was smug or gloating. Fair enough, I can see how you might interpret that.

I have nothing to be smug about - I'm as skeptical of Magath as many of our members and supporters are.

My post was a dig and rightly so. We had something to celebrate last night but it seems that many are far quicker to respond when the result is negative.

This board was teeming with people wanting Magath to fail in the build up to last nights match and shame on them.

alfie

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 27, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
It is going to take a lot more than beating a weakened Brentford squad for me to change my opinion, It was a good result yesterday but for the first time this season FM has got it right with his selections, and we got a result.... Burns expulsions until yesterday is unbelievably bad... Also our far more experienced young keeper, has had to sit out of 4 games when Joronen has looked so far out of his depth. Both of which made a real difference yesterday from what I hear.... David is also our most creative player and his expulsion after looking promising against Ipswich is another strange decision. These 3 all done well and have to start.

How is Fotheringham ahead of LVC and Hyndman is a joke as well.....

FM must build on his shambolic start, if he does then I will start eating my words, until then I will take the pleasant and unexpected victory and enjoy the next few days.

Burns expulsions until yesterday is unbelievably bad, the thing is do you/me/anybody know the reason why, we always seems to jump to conclusions on here without really knowing the (that dreaded word) FACTS. Just putting it out there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

where some of us old people have been through it all before  and believe me it can get worse yet
you may think we harp on but  some of us old people remember travelling  to places  Carlise to watch us get beaten  on a cold winters day

Well either you were not there or you are deaf! what about all the Dicks out? the jeers under Brandfoot, what a rose tinted memory, Fulham fans as all football fans have moaned since the first ball was kicked and I can tell you having stood/  sat in all parts of the ground for well over 50 years  we have a lions share of moaners

jelmo

I think the moaning before the game where some people wanted to lose was because it would hasten the end of Magath who they believe is making the club fail with his poor decision making/tactics.

Its not because they want to see the club fail for the sake of it. It would just better in the long term if he went sooner rather than later.

Everyone on this forum wants Fulham to be successful and I think 90% are in agreement that success is more likely to happen without Magath.

Anyhow, this Saturday is the true barometer of where we are at (as was last Saturday...)

Deanothefulhamfan

Alfie - The fact is he has not played until yesterday... He has clearly been available for selection ( no injuries as he has been in every matchday squad ) FM wrongly overlooked him, I don't see how it can be seen any other way.

Let's all hope that he starts on Saturday, as he took his chance with both hands, which is all we can hope for with the players the fans want to be in the team but FM doesn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2014, 05:01:43 PM
where some of us old people have been through it all before  and believe me it can get worse yet
you may think we harp on but  some of us old people remember travelling  to places  Carlise to watch us get beaten  on a cold winters day

Well either you were not there or you are deaf! what about all the Dicks out? the jeers under Brandfoot, what a rose tinted memory, Fulham fans as all football fans have moaned since the first ball was kicked and I can tell you having stood/  sat in all parts of the ground for well over 50 years  we have a lions share of moaners

Obviously the biggest difference is that with the availability of forums such as these, the written word has replaced the spoken word and so ones beliefs are experienced by more people in a lot less time.

I have little doubt if this technology was around 30-40 years back we would have bemoaned the loss at Wembley, complained about the golden oldies of Best/Marsh & co, would have had the usual Stock & Campbell In/Out camps arguing who was the best/worse, etc, just as everyone did in the pubs/ at the ground at the time. Little really changes, except, perhaps, the enlightenment as to how bad things really are in the word.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

colcliff

yes I also remember the Cambell out
I'm not saying it did not happen but i feel that the moaning starts  very quickly now  we put up with an awful lot more
the thing that suprises me is there was never a shout of Robson out  when we got relegated  but he is now a football legend and hind sight is a wonderful thing
at the time I remember he wanted to get rid of some of the old guard  and bring in some of the youner players
sound familiar