News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's surprisingly quiet on here since we won...

Started by Jimpav, August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Has the cat got some tongues or is everyone eating humble pie?

Lighthouse

Why would any fan be eating anything but victory pie. Players included in tonight's team were called for by fans. A 1-0 win actually wins nobody's argument for or against. If Felix had included Bettinelli and Burn before would we have done better.

Early days but instead of trying to cause an argument amongst fellow fans you little tinker, try and enjoy with the rest of us this rare win and hope we don't have to wait as long for the next one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

F(f)CUK

I would love to be proved wrong. Wait for Magath to drop Burn for the Cardiff game.

K33NY

I still believe he needs to go, it was good for the lads to win, but Magath has to go

aaronmcguigan

its a win, and a clean sheet. Fantastic, but Im guessing the consensus is Betts and Burn along with David should be in the team before tonight.

Also, judging by the Matchday thread, any good work putting together a decent XI was undone by deciding to put Fotheringham in there, as well as making defensive subs towards the end of a match we should win with ease.

Hope Burn starts against Cardiff. Even if we're shot shy, it should increase the confidence having someone whos experienced at this level.

Brede Butter Pudding

If Magath realises that he's made a mistake since the start of the season in not selecting the team that played tonight, and begins to show some continuity by keeping the back 4 as it was tonight, I will begin to be encouraged.

However, I have a bad feeling that on Saturday we will see a completely transformed and much weaker starting XI.

Jimpav

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 26, 2014, 11:54:54 PM
Why would any fan be eating anything but victory pie. Players included in tonight's team were called for by fans. A 1-0 win actually wins nobody's argument for or against. If Felix had included Bettinelli and Burn before would we have done better.

Early days but instead of trying to cause an argument amongst fellow fans you little tinker, try and enjoy with the rest of us this rare win and hope we don't have to wait as long for the next one.

That's my point, there are very few posts celebrating our win. I'm pleased but above all else relieved - can't imagine what it would have been like if we had lost to Brentford.

Anyway, you are right, let's hope that we don't have to wait long for the next one.

btings

It's not victory pie, but it might be a pint or two.

(We need to keep Burn in the first team.)

fulhams_finest

brand new team again from mr magoo, if he keeps changing the lime-up one team is bound to win eventually

premFlem

Quote from: fulhams_finest on August 27, 2014, 12:03:44 AM
brand new team again from mr magoo, if he keeps changing the lime-up one team is bound to win eventually
But surely thats the whole point of the changes to find his best team, he's got a 25 man squad
to choose from.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Snibbo

I for one was delighted to wake up this morning to good news instead of yet another loss. The best thing for the club is if this is the start of a settled winning team

The Rock

I didn't see the match. Were we a revelation, or was it more of the same and we nicked a goal in a Cup tie? I am guessing if there were notable comments to be made, someone would make them.

4 wins now in our last 22 or 23 games doesn't sound like much reason for celebration. We're still on 0 points. Speak away, I'd like to hear something positive.

RPhillips

Quote from: Jimpav on August 26, 2014, 11:50:52 PM
Has the cat got some tongues or is everyone eating humble pie?

No way -- whilst I'll always, of course, celebrate a win, I remain convinced that Magath is the wrong manager for FFC.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: The Rock on August 27, 2014, 12:26:02 AM
I didn't see the match. Were we a revelation, or was it more of the same and we nicked a goal in a Cup tie? I am guessing if there were notable comments to be made, someone would make them.

4 wins now in our last 22 or 23 games doesn't sound like much reason for celebration. We're still on 0 points. Speak away, I'd like to hear something positive.

We definitely dominated the match at times, despite a few scares from the Bees such as the cannon off the post in the 45th minute. overall though, many of their shots were wasted when they had them. Too many corners given up, yet overall they were defended very well. We deserved the victory and I think, as long as we don't see a brand new team this weekend..maybe switch Hynd for Parker and Bord for Hutchinson, we'd give Cardiff a real go.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

the nutflush

Didn't see the game so I can't really comment.  I'm glad we had a win though.  Got to see McCormack score.  Hopefully the floodgates will open now. 

RaySmith

Bettennelli did well, but I can't see that Joronen's done much wrong either.

Burn was very good, and serves to start again - shows he wasn't frozen out then.

We are seeing the basis of a settled side, though I agree that the chopping and changing must be unsettling, but it's obviously hard with a completely new team to find your best eleven.

But the team seemed to grow in all important confidence after not conceding early, and began creating a few good chances ourselves, one of which, by no means an easy one, McC managed to take and break his duck.

Hopefully, we will kick on from this, and these players  will play to their undoubted potential, and a settled, confident team emerge.

westcliff white

I am glad we won but we still need to sack him. He is one of the worst managers I have ever seen us have.
Every day is a Fulham day

jelmo

Its probably quiet as the majority of people were sleeping. That could be it.

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on August 27, 2014, 06:49:05 AM
Bettennelli did well, but I can't see that Joronen's done much wrong either.

Burn was very good, and serves to start again - shows he wasn't frozen out then.

We are seeing the basis of a settled side, though I agree that the chopping and changing must be unsettling, but it's obviously hard with a completely new team to find your best eleven.

But the team seemed to grow in all important confidence after not conceding early, and began creating a few good chances ourselves, one of which, by no means an easy one, McC managed to take and break his duck.

Hopefully, we will kick on from this, and these players  will play to their undoubted potential, and a settled, confident team emerge.

If Burn on that form wasn't frozen out then why did he not start the last 4 games then? One win does not change the fact that Felix is clueless, Fotheringham instead of Hydman for example? David on the bench for two games with his ability and he made the goal? the list goes on. The OP is just carrying on trying to create divisions between the fans .We won against a lack lustre Swansea when their team were already on the beach, nothing to play for and look where that has left us

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day