watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well reading what Sarah Brookes

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 01, 2014, 11:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

i am impressed with the blind faith some people have in bryan ruiz.
In all this time he has spectacularly underachieved. He is not pacey and not very physical and he struggled in the cup game V burton
what makes anybody think that playing in the very physical and high tempo championship will suit him? I would think that there was a rush of clubs fighting for his signature speaks volumes.

Reznor

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on September 02, 2014, 12:14:37 PM
Ruiz has not been played in the right position which is behind the striker so as a 10. If berbatov has not been there we would have finally seen him shine. Instead he was played on the wings or worse as a CM. Lost confidence and lost the crowd. Now we have McCormack who plays in that position now that we have a target man. Yes they are very different players but I see them competing for a spot. Good luck Bryan. Rather have him here now than go for £2m and get some random journeyman come in on the free or for up to 500k. Would love to see McCormack and Ruiz play as the front two and see how that works out.
I think McCormack would eventually get frustrated playing with a player like Ruiz who gets constantly knocked of the ball and put on his backside. I can imagine one of those scenarios where McCormack is leaning over a seemingly poll-axed Ruiz ripping into him after he had once again been out muscled for the ball and the other team had broken away and scored. Only an opinion but I think McCormack is too tough a player(thankfully) to put up with any of the nonsense Ruiz gets up to.

ByTheRiver

I think, given that Ruiz himself said that he is not a fighter and should not be made to track back, he'll not be playing any time soon.

terryr

Ruiz played today in the closed door friendly against Saudi.
Matt Smith scored 2
FFC 2- Saudi 1