more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Felix In/Out threads

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 04, 2014, 12:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 05, 2014, 07:00:40 AM
Unfortunately, While Magath is in charge, it will all end in tears.

I agree that while the current manager remains in place it is overwhelmingly likely that it will end in the bitter tears of failure. Not because the young players are not capable but because he is not the right man for the job.

Frank

Quote from: Roberty on September 05, 2014, 09:11:39 AM
Quote from: Frank on September 04, 2014, 07:19:48 PM
There were two options for the season 14/15:
1. Let the young players play so that they become top players or
2. invest heavily and go for promotion
I think Felix convinced Mr. Khan to choose the first option. The decision for this option has nothing to do with money. This option includes the high risk of staying another year in the champioship but there is also the chance to accomplish something extraordinary.
For example Hyndman already plays for his national team. If he becomes a great player everyone will say: thank you fulham.

I don't think anyone convinced anyone about option 2, since your option 2 was not available

It might have existed if we'd had a nucleus of players remaining from last season, as was the case with both Cardiff and Norwich, but our squad was so past it's sell by date that there was effectively nothing to add some quality signing to

The only younger players we had were those emerging from the academy

IMO they made the decision for option one at the end of last season. They decided that from the existing team only players are allowed to stay who accept a pay cut. Nearly all players didn't want a pay cut and they left. I think Rodders has accepted a pay cut now so he stays and will play.
I am sure if Felix had asked for more money to sign good players Mr Khan wouldn't have said no. If you badly want promotion it makes no sense to sign a top striker and then not also sign a top midlieder and a top defender.
I think Felix will only be sacked if there is the danger of going down to League One.

grandad

Quote from: Snibbo on September 05, 2014, 04:02:17 AM
Lazy journalism. Have a pot shot at silly old Fulham by recycling old material.

Fancy getting rid of a lot of experienced players (doesn't mention how crap they performed last season) and replacing them with youngsters (plus some quality experienced players like Bodurov).

Fancy signing last years Championship top scorer and his strike partner. Doomed.

:plus one: 092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

Quote from: Baszab on September 04, 2014, 09:34:43 PM
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2017840/felix-magath-philosophy-behind-fulhams-championship-struggles

Well that is a succinct review of where we are.
I know that there are a few people that seem incapable of being critical of magath (just as so many supported Jol for so long) are using the tired cliche of 'lazy journalism' to somehow try and devalue the article but the content is correct even if it says no more than we already know. But articles like this are meant for people that are not so well versed as we are as to why we are in the predicament we are in.

The old football chant hurled at referees comes to mind when i think about magath's management of football and it goes 'you don't know what you're doing.'

he may have been successful in his previous career but currently he ain't winning any beauty contests.