more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting post from Tiff (if true)

Started by SouthWest6, September 08, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

TIFF - the hub of the truth.

Everybody on there knows something of the internal workings of the club. Problem is that they're wrong 100% of the time.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime ā€“ an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...believe what you want, Eq, and it's not just TiFF posters who hear things...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

hovewhite

Players at any level get well paidĀ  compared with the average supporter,and in genefal players run about 6 miles during a 90 mins game ,plus I'm getting on and can run 6 miles if need be in. 50 mins so nothing wrong in maintaining a players fitness.It is good discipline a run a day,for anybody.

Andy S

It would be very surprising if there had not been cut backs in all aspects of the club following relegation. Who the hell has spoken to Tigana? Players out running on a daily basis is not news.

The only thing I'm interested in is what progress we make on a weekly basis followed by what progress we make by the end of the season.

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 10, 2014, 10:22:58 PM
...believe what you want, Eq, and it's not just TiFF posters who hear things...

I hear things all the bloody time, but I liken that to the same issues that Lighthouse has.

Yes, mother. He won't be worrying us for long.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime ā€“ an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MasterHaynes

Quote from: westcliff white on September 09, 2014, 07:29:18 AM
Quote from: Fulham58 on September 08, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
If they are running 5 or 6 miles a day should it really be that hard to confirm, unless they're running round in circles, it must be quite easy to spot around 25 grown (ish) men dressed in FFC training kit running round south west London
I doubt very much it is street running, it is mor likely at Motspur, comprising of sprints and endurance running
While watching an U18 game at Motspur end of last season I saw a group of players that were not picked for the match day squad, which included Tankovic, Woodrow, Zverotovic, Grimmer & Mesca running around the perimeter. They did about 5 laps, going by their pace and the time it took to do a lap it was probably about 3/4 mile each lap. By the way, Woodrow nearly lapped everyone except Grimmer, pretty impressive when he must have been gutted to have been dropped after playiing the previous two games.

premFlem

Having faced the the disappointment of redundancy twice in the last few years myselfĀ  the bitterness and resentment it causes can easily turn to malice, at least some of these rumours may come about from this.
Quote from: LBNo11 on September 10, 2014, 10:12:52 PM
...people are naturally sceptical about conspiracy theories from mere fans who must be mass speculating based on rumour and conjecture, and their patent hatred for the club, i mean, how the hell would they know what's going on at the club? These rumour-mongers are proven to be nothing but fakes as they won't reveal their sources, absolute give away, they're not protecting people who have grave concerns about what is happening at the club, no, they're non-fans who don't speak for the majority, so their cannot be any credence in what they say - can there?

To those who think all is sweetness and light at the club - at all levels - or even at any level, you are just the sort of fans the club want...
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

SouthfieldWhite

If true that players would run 6 miles every day, I'd like to know what other club would do this?

It's not just about running 6 miles a day, I'm sure quite a few posters could do that, but should they beĀ  being coached how to defend, how to attack etc etc etc.

Yes they need to be athletes but they also need to be improving footballers too.

I heard it all the time about you need pace to be a footballer this day and age, well forgive me, I don't see usain bolt playing in the premier league .

In this day and age, A big part of being a good manager, is man managment.

Something I don't see or hear Magaff being.

As for those who wrote off stuff from 'people itk' yeah some of these people talk crap, but you get to know the genuine ones and I wouldn't write these people off so easily

premFlem

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 11, 2014, 10:20:11 AM
If true that players would run 6 miles every day, I'd like to know what other club would do this?

It's not just about running 6 miles a day, I'm sure quite a few posters could do that, but should they beĀ  being coached how to defend, how to attack etc etc etc.

Yes they need to be athletes but they also need to be improving footballers too.

I heard it all the time about you need pace to be a footballer this day and age, well forgive me, I don't see usain bolt playing in the premier league .

As for those who wrote off stuff from 'people itk' yeah some of these people talk crap, but you get to know the genuine ones and I wouldn't write these people off so easily
I understand what you're saying, but if man management is so poor don't you think McCormack would have warned his friend Smith off from coming to Fulham, it just doesn't ring true mate.

RaySmith

I would be amazed if the players don't work on tactics, skills etc, as well as running.

Felix is an experienced ex player, as well as successful manager, with an experienced staff - professionals in the game of long standing.

If we start winning games because of our superior fitness, which seemed to be lacking last season, with players seeming to tire near the end of games, then people will be praising Felix's fitness regime.

These are meant to be pro athletes after all - why shouldn't they be made to train at the max to get results, though presumably Felix, an ex elite player, and his coaching staff, are aware of the need for enough recovery time leading up to a game.

They want the team to be successful after all.

And as for our manager's man management skills - how do you know they aren't good? Putting young players in the first team is good man management for start - he is trusting them, and giving them confidence, when another mamanger would always make an excuse and say they weren't ready.

And, despite poor results, I think out youngsters have stepped up the plate and excelled. Every young player has shown his quality, and none have completely bottled their chanceĀ  - so good managementĀ  then.

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on September 11, 2014, 10:46:36 AM

I would be amazed if the players don't work on tactics, skills etc, as well as running.

Felix is an experienced ex player, as well as successful manager, with an experienced staff - professionals in the game of long standing.

If we start winning games because of our superior fitness, which seemed to be lacking last season, with players seeming to tire near the end of games, then people will be praising Felix's fitness regime.

These are meant to be pro athletes after all - why shouldn't they be made to train at the max to get results, though presumably Felix, an ex elite player, and his coaching staff, are aware of the need for enough recovery time leading up to a game.

And as for our manager's man management skills - how do you know they aren't good? Putting young players in the first team is good man management for start - he is trusting them, and giving them confidence, when another mamanger would always make an excuse and say they weren't ready.

And, despite poor results, I think out youngsters have stepped up the plate and excelled. Every young player has shown his quality, and none have completely bottled their chanceĀ  - so good managementĀ  then.

Relegation last year, 1 point out of 15 this year = good management?

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on September 11, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

Relegation last year, 1 point out of 15 this year = good management?

His overall now after having a better squad than Jol after a Jan window and his own window in the championship must be shocking... Can we keep giving him excuses?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Have Fulham under Magath shown in any game that we have superior fitness? No.

FFC1987

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 11, 2014, 11:05:56 AM

i'd say so. We haven't faltered overall after 65 mins, we just cant seem to control a game. Ie the quality of football isn't good enough to produce goals but we dominate possession.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 11, 2014, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 09, 2014, 07:29:18 AM
Quote from: Fulham58 on September 08, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
If they are running 5 or 6 miles a day should it really be that hard to confirm, unless they're running round in circles, it must be quite easy to spot around 25 grown (ish) men dressed in FFC training kit running round south west London
I doubt very much it is street running, it is mor likely at Motspur, comprising of sprints and endurance running
While watching an U18 game at Motspur end of last season I saw a group of players that were not picked for the match day squad, which included Tankovic, Woodrow, Zverotovic, Grimmer & Mesca running around the perimeter. They did about 5 laps, going by their pace and the time it took to do a lap it was probably about 3/4 mile each lap. By the way, Woodrow nearly lapped everyone except Grimmer, pretty impressive when he must have been gutted to have been dropped after playiing the previous two games.

My o Level maths tells me that if the CC pitch is 110 x 75 yards then one lap is 370 yards: about a fifth of a mile.Ā  5 laps is a mile.

But I agree that 5 or 6 miles doesn't sound much.Ā  A typical 90 minute game an active midfielder will run around 8 miles or so. And that is at full speed normally.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm not quite sure some of you get it, what other club runs and runs their players?

Isn't that what pre season is for?

Yes you have to keep up your fitness levels from pre season by doing some fitness, but Magaff takes it to the max.

We have a lot of young fit players who should be still learning the game, not being taken on 6 mile runs .

It's all very old school, football and football coaching has moved on.

I know some players are running 6 miles the day after a game, speak to any sport science people who deal with elite footballers and they will say a rest is as good as a hard session sometimes.

These are human beings we are dealing with, not robots, yes they get paid well but so what, that dosnt make then superman.

It's got nothing to do with being lazy, our youngsters need to be developed not run into the ground

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 11, 2014, 11:11:08 AM

i'd say so. We haven't faltered overall after 65 mins, we just cant seem to control a game. Ie the quality of football isn't good enough to produce goals but we dominate possession.

RaySmith said "superior fitness".

Of course our players should be fit to play 90 minutes and we have this season generally apart from Parker. But the opposition has matched us for 90 minutes so we are not outperforming the opposition with our `superior fitness'.

It needs some superior footballing skills and tactics to consistently win football matches. That's what the manager should be concentrating on.

FFC1987

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 11, 2014, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 11, 2014, 11:11:08 AM

RaySmith said "superior fitness".

Of course our players should be fit to play 90 minutes and we have this season generally apart from Parker. But the opposition has matched us for 90 minutes so we are not outperforming the opposition with our `superior fitness'.

It needs some superior footballing skills and tactics to consistently win football matches. That's what the manager should be concentrating on.

i'd argue the overall fitness of the team is superior to last year. Liek i said, playing for 90 minutes compared to 65 last year is superior in my book.

premFlem

Maybe were about to learn why the Germans have been so successful over the last 40 years, could it actually be that as suspected their player's are actually much fitter than ours.
Just as it takes time for a squad to gel together it takes time to reach the new required level of fitness.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm surprised how many people seem to believe or aren't sure if all the training consists of is running, running and more running.
Even the worst donkey coach/manager in the 4th Division of the Fordwich and District Tuesday League would know that they also need to practice how to kick, head and catch a ball.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES