watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting post from Tiff (if true)

Started by SouthWest6, September 08, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

There is a huge difference between endurance and stamina training and general match fitness (including bursts)

Everyone should know that the players are prepared to a level of fitness for the season - then during the season they maintain that.

FM seems to be on stamina-training  the whole time - and that is what the older players were moaning about

Baszab

Why are some posters so naive as to request that people "reveal their sources or alternatively, shut up it must be a rumour"

Believe it or not, some people on this board might actually know what is going on at FFC (some of the time) and like to share this where relevant and appropriate

No-one is going to substantiate a rumour - FFC is a business after all and people's livelihoods are at risk

Canary White

Quote from: premFlem on September 11, 2014, 02:51:44 PM
Maybe were about to learn why the Germans have been so successful over the last 40 years, could it actually be that as suspected their player's are actually much fitter than ours.
Just as it takes time for a squad to gel together it takes time to reach the new required level of fitness.

+1

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 11, 2014, 02:48:47 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 11, 2014, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 11, 2014, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 11, 2014, 11:05:56 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 11, 2014, 10:46:36 AM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 11, 2014, 10:20:11 AM
If true that players would run 6 miles every day, I'd like to know what other club would do this?

It's not just about running 6 miles a day, I'm sure quite a few posters could do that, but should they be  being coached how to defend, how to attack etc etc etc.

Yes they need to be athletes but they also need to be improving footballers too.

I heard it all the time about you need pace to be a footballer this day and age, well forgive me, I don't see usain bolt playing in the premier league .

In this day and age, A big part of being a good manager, is man managment.

Something I don't see or hear Magaff being.

As for those who wrote off stuff from 'people itk' yeah some of these people talk crap, but you get to know the genuine ones and I wouldn't write these people off so easily

I would be amazed if the players don't work on tactics, skills etc, as well as running.

Felix is an experienced ex player, as well as successful manager, with an experienced staff - professionals in the game of long standing.

If we start winning games because of our superior fitness, which seemed to be lacking last season, with players seeming to tire near the end of games, then people will be praising Felix's fitness regime.

These are meant to be pro athletes after all - why shouldn't they be made to train at the max to get results, though presumably Felix, an ex elite player, and his coaching staff, are aware of the need for enough recovery time leading up to a game.

They want the team to be successful after all.

And as for our manager's man management skills - how do you know they aren't good? Putting young players in the first team is good man management for start - he is trusting them, and giving them confidence, when another mamanger would always make an excuse and say they weren't ready.

And, despite poor results, I think out youngsters have stepped up the plate and excelled. Every young player has shown his quality, and none have completely bottled their chance  - so good management  then.

Have Fulham under Magath shown in any game that we have superior fitness? No.

i'd say so. We haven't faltered overall after 65 mins, we just cant seem to control a game. Ie the quality of football isn't good enough to produce goals but we dominate possession.

RaySmith said "superior fitness".

Of course our players should be fit to play 90 minutes and we have this season generally apart from Parker. But the opposition has matched us for 90 minutes so we are not outperforming the opposition with our `superior fitness'.

It needs some superior footballing skills and tactics to consistently win football matches. That's what the manager should be concentrating on.

i'd argue the overall fitness of the team is superior to last year. Liek i said, playing for 90 minutes compared to 65 last year is superior in my book.

Of course our fitness should be better than last season, hardly surprising when you knock 10 years off the average age of the team.

Our youngsters are natrually fit, they now need to be developing their football not run into the ground.