more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

good old roy

Started by fulhamben, September 08, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

is dropping oxlaid for delph.  fp.gif
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

horse1031

i think it is amazing the difference between how Fulham fans love Roy and other fans do not.  He brought us to the Europa League final, spoke well to the media, and the fans loved him because we were tough to beat among other things:).  You talk to Liverpool fans and England fans and they generally think he is a terrible coach or not up to their standards..  I think he probably has good intentions to drop Ox for Delph but to most people that is insane.

I see the correlation with Felix.  Obviously has a really good resume but there are a lot of Fulham fans that don't want him as coach or think he will come good.  I find it all interesting how fickle football fans are.  I have to imagine that a lot of management is about timing.

fulhamben

Quote from: horse1031 on September 08, 2014, 03:20:27 PM
i think it is amazing the difference between how Fulham fans love Roy and other fans do not.  He brought us to the Europa League final, spoke well to the media, and the fans loved him because we were tough to beat among other things:).  You talk to Liverpool fans and England fans and they generally think he is a terrible coach or not up to their standards..  I think he probably has good intentions to drop Ox for Delph but to most people that is insane.

I see the correlation with Felix.  Obviously has a really good resume but there are a lot of Fulham fans that don't want him as coach or think he will come good.  I find it all interesting how fickle football fans are.  I have to imagine that a lot of management is about timing.
England fans aren't fickle. we have been terrible under roy from the start

callumc513

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 03:25:27 PM
i think it is amazing the difference between how Fulham fans love Roy and other fans do not.  He brought us to the Europa League final, spoke well to the media, and the fans loved him because we were tough to beat among other things:).  You talk to Liverpool fans and England fans and they generally think he is a terrible coach or not up to their standards..  I think he probably has good intentions to drop Ox for Delph but to most people that is insane.

I see the correlation with Felix.  Obviously has a really good resume but there are a lot of Fulham fans that don't want him as coach or think he will come good.  I find it all interesting how fickle football fans are.  I have to imagine that a lot of management is about timing.

Not sure I buy that, good qualifying campaign and two good performances in the World Cup.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

After watching the last game, i'd have done the same. Ox looked unfit and not sharp whereas Delph came on and had showed lots of energy and penetration.

Jonaldiniho 88

England fans are fickle. Just we have reason to complain ATM. I've seen sh*t teams put in a performance but england can put in those performances(or there abouts) until it's competition time and we buckle. Let's support the boys and uncle Roy and hope rigid English football is the future.

grandad

Roy´s problems with the current England team are the same as we had last season. Many of the players don´t really give a toss.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

There's no correlation between Roy and Felix -- Roy is stuck with the English players who mostly couldn't care less

FM had 4 months to build a balanced squad for promotion and has failed

fulhamben

Quote from: callumc513 on September 08, 2014, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 03:25:27 PM

Not sure I buy that, good qualifying campaign and two good performances in the World Cup.
???????? Me and you didn't watch the same World Cup.We lost 2 and drew one with a team that had already qualified.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 08, 2014, 03:47:02 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

After watching the last game, i'd have done the same. Ox looked unfit and not sharp whereas Delph came on and had showed lots of energy and penetration.
if that's the reason then yes that's fine. But if that is the case and it's not just a defensive minded tactic which I believe it to be, then Rooney will also be dropped as he was a passenger and by far the worst player on the pitch. Do you think Roy will drop Rooney ?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on September 08, 2014, 04:35:20 PM
There's no correlation between Roy and Felix -- Roy is stuck with the English players who mostly couldn't care less

FM had 4 months to build a balanced squad for promotion and has failed
How is Roy stuck with certain players, he has the pick of anyone who's English, has he not?
This is just your chance to have a dug at Felix again when the subject has nothing to do with Fulham! Get over it - Felix will remain for a good while longer whether you like it or not.

dannyboi-ffc

Woy woy woy, woy woy woy.
Woy woy woy, woy woy woy!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it. England are gonna win tonight, this could be a stroke of genius.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 08, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

maybe, or it could be like his other games, defend defend defend and hope we nick a goal. No doubt he will stick welbeck on the left and play Rooney on his own with Henderson Wiltshire and Delphi protecting the back four as we have no out let up top

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 08, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

maybe, or it could be like his other games, defend defend defend and hope we nick a goal. No doubt he will stick welbeck on the left and play Rooney on his own with Henderson Wiltshire and Delphi protecting the back four as we have no out let up top

To be honest I couldnt really give a monkeys. I always watch england, go to the odd game here and there but my energy is taking up with fulham. Who woy plays doesnt bother me as long as we do ok.

I only get that in depth and concerned when felix makes those howlers

No doubt it will be boring, most woy games are but Ive just got a feeling england will nick it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alfie

I have said all along that untill the Premier stop buying in foreign players, our young players won't get a look in, FM is trying to bring forward our young lads, and he is getting murdered for it, ok I know too many at one time (we will see) but I get the impression outside of Fulham no one really gives a dam, how many decent young left/right backs are there or for  that matter strikers, the England manager whoever that maybe has to select from a crop of English players that probably would struggle to get in the top national sides.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on September 08, 2014, 05:21:17 PM
I have said all along that untill the Premier stop buying in foreign players, our young players won't get a look in, FM is trying to bring forward our young lads, and he is getting murdered for it, ok I know too many at one time (we will see) but I get the impression outside of Fulham no one really gives a dam, how many decent young left/right backs are there or for  that matter strikers, the England manager whoever that maybe has to select from a crop of English players that probably would struggle to get in the top national sides.
but what's that got to do with dropping better players, not dropping poor players and playing players out of position. Although you can scrap that last point if welbeck doesn't play down the left tonight

blingo

Roy looks like he's aged since he has managed England. I don't know what the FA do to anyone that manages England, but they all end up looking like they have come out of the wringer. The ONLY manager who should have got the job but never did was Cloughie. Why? Because he had his own mind and would not be dictated to.
As for the players, they will NEVER achieve anything, they have no pride in their country and only seem to be interested in their weekly wad. No passion whatsoever in representing their country or singing the NA. It is pathetic to watch and 99% of the time translates itself onto the pitch. Watch the majority of the other countries, players even cry with emotion and pride as they present their nation. Our players sort of mumble through it, and can't get it out of the way fast enough. Don't say it's nerves as they play week in and week out for millions p.a. They need to man up get some pride and stand up and be counted, because if what is being presented year in year out is the best we have got, we might aswell stay at home.

Jonaldiniho 88

I'd like to second Roy Roy Roy, roy wroy wroy wroy,  wroy wory wroy wroooooy Roy Rorroy Roy. Great man who will by the looks of it fail but give him the chance to fail. He didn't appoint himself and isn't the man to lead us forward IMO but don't slight the man in trying his best. It seems like we expect instant transition from a manager who has a blueprint. A blueprint that doesn't fit our foundations. He fitted fulham and west brom but as an expansive england manager, with exciting youth, not his cup of tea. I hope he proves us wrong because there hasn't been a nicer man in football that I can remember, and he will always be nice if not successful. Some can't claim either. He has been both. Good luck Roy. Don't do the old hashtag but Robson was the last I recall and look at his status. COE. COYW

The Rock

I just think the England team isn't THAT good. Maybe the 3rd or 4th best in Europe which is still very good, but not number 1 in the world. Roy is probably the right man for the job as he makes his teams hard to beat. Why everyone expects England to walk over all these other teams of excellent quality makes any manager under the gun.

The players need to find form and somehow become more confident I think. Rooney, Welbeck, etc for ex aren't exactly banging them in - they are struggling at a mid table club that should be playing Champions Leage football, and they are partially responsible for that. If they found form, there is no reason England can't make it to a major final, but I don't see that being the case, and Roy can only do so much.

blingo

The fault is not the manager, it is the players.