more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

good old roy

Started by fulhamben, September 08, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Ben,
England were terrible under several previous managers. The players are just not very good, nowhere near as good as they think they are or the media builds them up to be.
In qualification, they always get an easy draw, for the most part playing against the world's finest third tier opponents. So they get a high score from fifa.
It is not Roy's fault his players are mediocre, like it was not Moyes fault manure are crap. The new bloke is doing well  isn't he!!! In fact, Roy is probably the best man to get his mediocre bunch to over achieve. He has a history of that.
I always hope that Roy does well with England, despite being a Scot, after what he did for Fulham.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 08, 2014, 05:21:17 PM
I have said all along that untill the Premier stop buying in foreign players, our young players won't get a look in, FM is trying to bring forward our young lads, and he is getting murdered for it, ok I know too many at one time (we will see) but I get the impression outside of Fulham no one really gives a dam, how many decent young left/right backs are there or for  that matter strikers, the England manager whoever that maybe has to select from a crop of English players that probably would struggle to get in the top national sides.
but what's that got to do with dropping better players, not dropping poor players and playing players out of position. Although you can scrap that last point if welbeck doesn't play down the left tonight

my first post said I thought we were gonna win and it could be a stroke of genius. Then you started discussing tactics and rooney etc. Im not that fussed.

Fulham is stressful enough without worrying about england. Of course I passionately want us to win but its not the same. I dont take half as much interest in the lineup, squads etc as I do with fulham.

Plus england are very boring and always have been in my lifetime
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 08, 2014, 05:44:17 PM
I'd like to second Roy Roy Roy, roy wroy wroy wroy,  wroy wory wroy wrooooov Roy Rorroy Roy. Great man who will by the looks of it fail but give him the change to fail. He didn't appoint himself and isn't the man to lead us forward IMO but don't slight the man in trying his best. It seems like we expect instant transition from a manager who has a blueprint. A blueprint that doesn't fit our foundations. He fitted fulham and west brom but as an expansive england manager, with exciting youth, not his cup of tea. I hope he proves us wrong because there hasn't been a nicer man in football that I can remember, and he will always be nice if not successful. Some can't claim either. He has been both. Good luck Roy.
did you mean chance to fail? If so isn't a euros and World Cup time enough? Yes he is a good man and was fantastic for us, but the media aren't turning on him for no reason. And there aren't many people out there that think he is doing a good job. Infact if he had never of managed us I suspect we would be in line with the rest of the country who think it is time for a change
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on September 08, 2014, 05:21:17 PM
I have said all along that untill the Premier stop buying in foreign players, our young players won't get a look in, FM is trying to bring forward our young lads, and he is getting murdered for it, ok I know too many at one time (we will see) but I get the impression outside of Fulham no one really gives a dam, how many decent young left/right backs are there or for  that matter strikers, the England manager whoever that maybe has to select from a crop of English players that probably would struggle to get in the top national sides.

I'll disagree with you just a little about this. Until your talented young players find more value in going abroad to further their football education and experience [rather than staying at home and playing little in the way of first class football while drawing an over-inflated paycheck], England will suffer. It's not a question of who is playing in English leagues. The question should be why don't the current crop of English footballers follow the example of those in the 60s and 70s whose European experiences made them world class players. As long as English players are overvalued in the English market, however, these kids will take more money for less football.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

grandad

Quote from: Baszab on September 08, 2014, 04:35:20 PM
There's no correlation between Roy and Felix -- Roy is stuck with the English players who mostly couldn't care less

FM had 4 months to build a balanced squad for promotion and has failed
What do you mean "failed" ? He has assembled a far better squad than the one he took over. He has only just begun with the players he wanted. You really are full of hate & misery. Just what would it take for you to make a positive post ?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sgt Fulham

Delph is really doing his best to get sent off here...

dannyboi-ffc

Didnt see the first half, I wanted to but I was trying to get my lovely little darlings to GO TO BEDDDDD!!!!!!!  Left mrs dannyboi to it as im not missing the second half too.... 'hello'......... priorities!

Doesnt look like ive missed much

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 08, 2014, 08:42:06 PM
Didnt see the first half, I wanted to but I was trying to get my lovely little darlings to GO TO BEDDDDD!!!!!!!  Left mrs dannyboi to it as im not missing the second half too.... 'hello'......... priorities!

Doesnt look like ive missed much
created a couple of chances but fluffed the shots, our goal was against run of play but a good quick counter

fulhamben

roys love child is coming on. defend defend defend

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 09:14:40 PM
roys love child is coming on. defend defend defend

Thought that was a big improvement and delph although a bit clumsy looked very quick. Told you we would win lol. They have basically qualified already, what a joke this qualifying system is.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

2 0 good result. welbeck my mom with special mentions for hart jones and cahill. still dont think we need to be that defencive in this group, and hopefully now that our hardest game on paper is over we wont

MrProphet

Well done Roy let's hope the pathetic journos in this country give credit where credits due

In Roy we trust

Burt

Solid performance from all of them and a good win. It wasn't flash, there wasn't any swagger, but good discipline and clinical finishing.

That is what a Roy Hodgson team is all about!

RidgeRider

this thread went from one of mild to 'full on' slating of Roy as England manager, too...well....a 2-0 win for England

Burt

No slating from me. Watch then judge, rather than pre-judge.

Baszab

Solid performance - well done England and Sir Roy

FPT

Very good performance tonight. We recycled the ball well, our movement was good and we defended superbly both individually and as a group. No one had a bad game, and the funny thing is, how many of these players has potential yet to be reached? The likes of Stones, Jones, Henderson, Sterling and Welbeck will all get better. Plus, this is an England squad without Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana or Theo Walcott and we didn't even use Daniel Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Calum Chambers. Maybe my England are getting better post doesn't sound so ludicrous now...

John Stones was excellent, as was Phil Jones; Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph and Jordan Henderson were very good. It's good to finally have a good quality right back! We've not had one since Gary Neville. That win should essentially seal our place as group winners.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on September 08, 2014, 09:59:59 PM
Very good performance tonight. We recycled the ball well, our movement was good and we defended superbly both individually and as a group. No one had a bad game, and the funny thing is, how many of these players has potential yet to be reached? The likes of Stones, Jones, Henderson, Sterling and Welbeck will all get better. Plus, this is an England squad without Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana or Theo Walcott and we didn't even use Daniel Sturridge, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Calum Chambers. Maybe my England are getting better post doesn't sound so ludicrous now...

John Stones was excellent, as was Phil Jones; Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph and Jordan Henderson were very good. It's good to finally have a good quality right back! We've not had one since Gary Neville. That win should essentially seal our place as group winners.
we should easly win this group now, and i thought stones was caught out of position a few times, i still think he will bring walker back in when he is fit.

callumc513

Thought that was Rooney's best performance in an England shirt for years.