watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

good old roy

Started by fulhamben, September 08, 2014, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

You could hear pure Roy in Rooney's post-match interview: "defend as a team" and "kept our defensive shape when we didn't have the ball".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

love4ffc

Quote from: Burt on September 08, 2014, 09:50:03 PM
No slating from me. Watch then judge, rather than pre-judge.
:54:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Berserker

Hearing Rooney talk after the match I think he has stepped up to being Captain. I think i may have misjudged him, he seemed really proud and didn't speak to badly. Maybe it's what he has needed all along, somebody to believe in him and give him responsibilty.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

I was very glad for Roy and the players, Rooney particularly -they answered their, over the top, verging on the toxic imo, critics in the best possible way.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 08, 2014, 03:25:27 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on September 08, 2014, 03:20:27 PM
i think it is amazing the difference between how Fulham fans love Roy and other fans do not.  He brought us to the Europa League final, spoke well to the media, and the fans loved him because we were tough to beat among other things:).  You talk to Liverpool fans and England fans and they generally think he is a terrible coach or not up to their standards..  I think he probably has good intentions to drop Ox for Delph but to most people that is insane.

I see the correlation with Felix.  Obviously has a really good resume but there are a lot of Fulham fans that don't want him as coach or think he will come good.  I find it all interesting how fickle football fans are.  I have to imagine that a lot of management is about timing.
England fans aren't fickle. we have been terrible under roy from the start

Ahem.
IMO we've been terrible for decades.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

The manager always gets the blame, though it's nearly always the players he has at his disposal.

This is true of England and Fulham.

England have been crap since 1966, and Fulham have been generally unsuccessful since I began following them in the early 60's - with rise to the Prem under MAF being our only period of sustained success, though I think our 13 years in the Prem should be considered a success, especially since it encompasses a European final.

Our situation now, which I feel is only transitory on the way back to better things, is more like what I've been used to in my years of supporting Fulham.

alfie

It's a funny old game this football of ours, we moan like hell at Fulham if the ball gets passed back, yet when Roy's team does it not a single comment, I think there were more back passes in this game than I have seen Fulham do, still it's RH so that's fine.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

glenhodgso

Quote from: RaySmith on September 09, 2014, 07:48:38 AM
I was very glad for Roy and the players, Rooney particularly -they answered their, over the top, verging on the toxic imo, critics in the best possible way.

Including the screaming newspaper journos "FOOTBALL MANAGER SWEARS SHOCK!

Ridiculous crap from lazy, overpaid bullies who are still vexed that their man didn't get the job

Well done Roy & the team - I was impressed tonight, an didn't expect to be - solid away performance to main rivals

vagrant

Quote from: alfie on September 09, 2014, 08:23:27 AM
It's a funny old game this football of ours, we moan like hell at Fulham if the ball gets passed back, yet when Roy's team does it not a single comment, I think there were more back passes in this game than I have seen Fulham do, still it's RH so that's fine.

0001.jpeg

FFC1987

Enjoyed last night. Thought the team had a game plan and did it efficiently. Tactics from Roy spot on, the inclusion of Delph was good and his sub of Milner for energy in the middle worked. Good job.

Nero

Quote from: vagrant on September 09, 2014, 09:25:48 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 09, 2014, 08:23:27 AM

0001.jpeg

yea but you can do what you like when you are winning

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 09, 2014, 09:52:54 AM
Enjoyed last night. Thought the team had a game plan and did it efficiently. Tactics from Roy spot on, the inclusion of Delph was good and his sub of Milner for energy in the middle worked. Good job.

Agree.

When you consider the inexperience of the side it was an encouraging performance against a well-organised and physically strong side.

Many of the players have played limited games for their clubs let alone England. Welbeck struggled to get games for Man. Utd. and often played out of position out wide. Sterling and Stones have had about one season. Oxlade-Chamberlein can hardly get a game for Arsenal. Jones and Smalling have been cover players for Man. UTd. Wilshire and Henderson are hardly leading lights at their clubs.

Plus, as a side, they have had little time together.

Delph looks promising with his pace from midfield. Milner, who when he plays out wide always felt to me as a holding situation until a proper wide player came through, might be the man for the base of the diamond. He is disciplined, can tackle and reads the game well.

blingo

It was Switzerland, not Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Holland or Italy. We are supposed to beat these teams without too much difficulty. We will never win anything with the likes of rooney or Milner. Asa we get through, which we will, and get to the serious stages, they will fall apart again. Rooney is an above average player but most certainly NOT world class. The rest have not got the experience. Isn't that how you would put it if it was FFC we were talking about?

FFC1987

Quote from: blingo on September 09, 2014, 11:40:05 AM
It was Switzerland, not Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Holland or Italy. We are supposed to beat these teams without too much difficulty. We will never win anything with the likes of rooney or Milner. Asa we get through, which we will, and get to the serious stages, they will fall apart again. Rooney is an above average player but most certainly NOT world class. The rest have not got the experience. Isn't that how you would put it if it was FFC we were talking about?

Such a false argument. If England don't get a result its a disaster, if we do 'we should have anyway'. And...who is actually expecting this lot to win anything!? Only the media or are still sulking that Arry didn't get the nod....The requirement is to reach tournaments then go from there. The boys did well last night. Anyone who watches international football regularly knows that Switzerland is a difficult place to go get a result. They had a decent world cup and have beat teams such as Brazil on their home turf. They have some decent players and i'd expect them to give most teams a good game.

blingo

Time will prove me right 87

FFC1987

Quote from: blingo on September 09, 2014, 12:20:10 PM
Time will prove me right 87

I'm not sure of your point. If it's that we aren't good enough to win a trophy, then your point isn't profound. The only people who disagree are media bodds who have a man crush on Harry Redknapp.

blingo

How profound does it need to be? Profound enough to need diving equipment? See my first post on this topic. The players don't want it enough and do not show enough pride in wanting to play for their country. Big wages come before pride for a lot of them. Yes it's great to be selected, but are they REALLY that bothered, or are they simply not good enough?

Delboy

It was a bit like watching Fulham under Woy, get in front and then bite your nails time, only last night England managed to settle it in time added on.

FFC1987

Quote from: blingo on September 09, 2014, 01:00:29 PM
How profound does it need to be? Profound enough to need diving equipment? See my first post on this topic. The players don't want it enough and do not show enough pride in wanting to play for their country. Big wages come before pride for a lot of them. Yes it's great to be selected, but are they REALLY that bothered, or are they simply not good enough?

As stated, not good enough with our current crop but at least there's some structure.