watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I will retire at the end of the season

Started by Andy S, September 13, 2014, 11:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I have been watching Fulham since the 1966/7 season and I have been to cold nights at the cottage when there was no crowd I have done pitch invasions in protest to Bulstrode selling the club to cadbra Estates. and on the last day at the cottage before our spell at the Ha Ha's If we get relegated this season then that is the finish for me. I won't come back and watch this club in the third tia of English football. This has all been avoidable but those at the top have let it happen

Robbie

Where is your backbone?

SouthWest6

Problem is, Magath is the least of our problems. Once gone, is our incompetent owner capable of employing the right man to get via out of this mess? The answer to that is no. If he doesn't, then he looks at Ali Mac to make a decision, and not being funny, he's also half the reason why we're in this mess as well. Bottom line is, it's the blind leading the blind, and knowing us, they'll appoint Grant to take over first team proceedings whilst they take 6 months to find a replacement. As it stands, the future is not very bright, and I for one are very worried.

JIMMY D

I'm worried too. You would be a fool if you were not. Yes it's only 6 games but the table does not lie. We will be facing relegation fight AGAIN this season.

mitimo

At this rate there won't be a fight, we'll go quietly and confusedly (if there is such a word)

res

Quote from: Andy S on September 13, 2014, 11:26:59 PM
I have been watching Fulham since the 1966/7 season and I have been to cold nights at the cottage when there was no crowd I have done pitch invasions in protest to Bulstrode selling the club to cadbra Estates. and on the last day at the cottage before our spell at the Ha Ha's If we get relegated this season then that is the finish for me. I won't come back and watch this club in the third tia of English football. This has all been avoidable but those at the top have let it happen

Understand what you are saying....but I first saw Fulham in 1956, like you I'm incredulous about the plethora of incomprehensible decisions made in the last 2 seasons....but if we go down again I will still be there....I suspect you will be as well...once it's in your blood, it will always be there, just as it was when we plummeted to next to bottom of the old fourth division.

b+w geezer

50th season for me, lower leagues inclusive, so relegation won't determine whether I take the OP's line. Rather it'll be whether the club is being led in a way that I can rally around.  It's this that is becoming the issue.

For example, in normal times of course one would be turning up to the Blackburn match hoping for a win. But when you wonder if you wouldn't after all prefer another loss, so that change can be precipitated -- at that stage whether to use your season-ticket really does become a quandry.

grandad

Me, NEVER;NEVER;NEVER. Fulham till I die , no matter what division we are in. In 60 seasons of supporting , have we won a major trophy? Does it really matter? Of course I would want us to win a pot but it really is not that important to me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: Andy S on September 13, 2014, 11:26:59 PM

I understand your feelings but I am sure like a lot of us you will carry on even if we go back to the days of more corner flags than fans! However one thing that will finish me and I suspect a lot more is appointing Pullis

you lucky people

if fans like us did not love the Club we would all go and support one of the 'big boys' and celebrate a trophy once in a while, it's more than that though, it's The Cottage, walking to the ground through the Park, the (mostly) civilised atmosphere and knowledgeable fans, Putney Bridge Station, the teams walking out across the pitch, a pint afterwards, reading TOOFIF on the train home, having a laugh with your mates and complaining about the team ( I remember moaning about Steve Earle, God, wish we had him now!) I have been going since 67/68, not as often as I used to but I'll always treasure those football Saturdays, I go to Reading FC sometimes but it's just not the same, with Fulham you get the full package, don't retire, you won't like it!
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

dannyboi-ffc

Lol you and I both know you will never retire! Its in our blood and unfortunately it never seems we come first which is toxic considering we are the only people that matter.

He will be gone soon, we all have these moments but you wouldnt ditch your family in times of need so what makes us any different. Lets stick together and we will get our fulham back one day!

#all for one and one for all- the cottage muskateers!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riversider

I've been going since 1970, I have two season tickets, and have already decided that they won't be getting renewed next season, yes I will continue to go BUT I will pick and choose my games,
I work permanent nights, and it's bloody frustrating to get up after a couple of hours sleep to go and watch utter dross as I did yesterday ,
Perhaps I would have more patience with Fulham if I was working 9 to 5 Monday to Friday, but as I don't the sacrifice is huge.

Fulham1959

"This, too, will pass".  It's just a matter of time.  But, at the age of 66, I don't want to be wishing the weeks and months away in the hope that the tide will have turned by then.

I have lived most of my life in Stoke - saw Stanley Matthews come back at the age of 46 in October 1961 to really revive the City, both the football club and the area.

But I chose Fulham as my team at the age of 10, in 1958, because I liked the name !  I remember in the mid-1990s saying to people at work that I didn't expect the club to be in the Football League by the end of the century.  But then Mo came along.

For me, it's Fulham-till-I-die !

WhiteJag

I love the sense of history and pride.  That's what had hooked me into Fulham.

Baszab

I am not renewing my 4 season tix next year - first time for 45 years - will choose when to go - doesn't affect my support - just not prepared to commit upfront anymore

Lighthouse

The difference is that nowadays getting to and from the ground is harder than it used to be. It seems to be more expensive than it used to be. There are other things that we can spend money on. The results and round ups are better than watching the game at the moment.

I was a season ticket holder for years with either family and/or friends being dragged along. That stopped when we went to Loftus Road. Then things happened and it was easy just to pop along when I could. As has already been said. Our present problems were foreseen and foretold. Although even the worst predictions didn't see our present state coming in quite such a manner.

If someone was to give me a free ticket and  free transport I still wouldn't go at the moment. I admire all who do. But really we all have better things to do. When Felix is replaced we will have a bit more hope again. We all want Fulham to win. But it has been too long in coming.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I  don't know how these days are worse than the bad old days -only that it is more expensive to go to games.

In fact, I would say the old days were worse, when we sank through the divisions, now I feel more hopeful about stopping the rot, and rising again.

The main difference between the old days and today - is the money involved, and the internet and media coverage of the game, and the expectations of fans, who have little tolerance for any failings from managers or players.

And yes, I have watched Fulham in every division from the old First to the bottom , and back up to the Prem - and at Loftus Road (MAF kept his word didn't he?)

Bill2

I will always support my club, I may not renew my season ticket but never stop supporting. I remember the day when a coffin was carried around the pitch with buckets collecting cash from the fans so when you have been that low where we are now is very different.

Keep the faith.

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 14, 2014, 03:37:53 PM
The difference is that nowadays getting to and from the ground is harder than it used to be. It seems to be more expensive than it used to be. There are other things that we can spend money on. The results and round ups are better than watching the game at the moment.

I was a season ticket holder for years with either family and/or friends being dragged along. That stopped when we went to Loftus Road. Then things happened and it was easy just to pop along when I could. As has already been said. Our present problems were foreseen and foretold. Although even the worst predictions didn't see our present state coming in quite such a manner.

If someone was to give me a free ticket and  free transport I still wouldn't go at the moment. I admire all who do. But really we all have better things to do. When Felix is replaced we will have a bit more hope again. We all want Fulham to win. But it has been too long in coming.

If you stop going you will just be branded a glory hunter and called the sort of names I call people Iknow who support man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal who have never seen them play live in their life.

bornandbred in fulham

At least you know you won't be coming back whereas there are those here who really think they can return but the club site will  be long gone if we're refegated.

Magoo is doing a perfect hatchet job for SK even if he doesn't know it yet  just a few more games, job done and here's your perfomance pay off,

At the press conference SK will apologise to the fans who will nominate him for an Oscar