watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army.

Started by bog, September 28, 2014, 02:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Evening all. I have been away this week up in Scotland blowing raspberries at Alex Salmond. In the Doncaster game did our keeper save a penalty at 2-1?

092.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

He did indeed, from what I hear it was a pretty special save as well.... He also made a world class save yesterday when we were 1-0 down.

Living upto his potential

bog

Thanks for that. On 5live they went there in a hurry and the commentary was not clear and when they gave a chat about the game after they never mentioned it! I saw yesterday's save. Have we got a real prospect?  Only time will out. 

092.gif

Lighthouse

Yes I saw the penalty save and and he guessed right. The forward would have wanted to put the ball in the corner and not as near to the keeper. But it was hit well and Bettinelli did well. Some nice saves yesterday. Bettinelli was many fans favourite to be number one ahead of Joronen once Stockdale left. But even when he was given the nod ahead of Joronen Felix dropped him quickly for the OAP.

Confidence is the thing and Bettinelli may prove to be the real deal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

I think we are beginning to see why both the clubs he was on loan at liked him so much they wanted to adopt him.

bog

I hope this is the end of the OAP. Not his fault he was signed but no thanks.

092.gif

cmg

A couple of views of the 'Replay' on the club site confirms the quality of his performance, particularly in 'narrowing the angle' - it might make him susceptible to a Ruiz-type chip, but there aren't many in this league capable of that.

One other think was noticeable. How near the centre-line do we think he'll get with the ball in his hands before the ref pulls him for 'handling outside the box'?