watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army.

Started by bog, September 28, 2014, 09:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

One thing that really annoys me is when a manager fails miserably, is sacked and gets a big fat pay off. Ie Maclaren when England 'coach '. After ripping the heart out of our club what would Magath have gotten? More that we could ever dream of no doubt.  :dft007:

092.gif   

ron

...but will he enjoy spending his ill-gotten gains...?

Nah! ....er......um....... :dft007:

Lighthouse

The vast majority of managers are sacked and leave the job as failures.  So to compensate for this  they are given huge amounts of cash. It is footballs answer to care in the community.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Enclosurite

By failing to keep us up last year Magath ensured that his pay off was not as big as it could've been.  Took a hefty relegation pay cut apparently.
¡COYW!

Delboy

It looks like Magath did have some, lets say, alternative views on management. But lets not forget he did do FFC a big service by finally having one hell of a clear out. Without getting rid of the big earners, hanger ons and under performing Billy Big Boots we might not be seeing the youngsters Fulham have put a great deal of time , effort and money in to play in the first team. It needed to be done and FM completed the job with utter ferocity. It now clears the way for Kit to start from scratch. COYW

the nutflush

Quote from: Delboy on September 29, 2014, 12:21:21 PM
It looks like Magath did have some, lets say, alternative views on management. But lets not forget he did do FFC a big service by finally having one hell of a clear out. Without getting rid of the big earners, hanger ons and under performing Billy Big Boots we might not be seeing the youngsters Fulham have put a great deal of time , effort and money in to play in the first team. It needed to be done and FM completed the job with utter ferocity. It now clears the way for Kit to start from scratch. COYW

Yeah that god awful Stockdale and useless Patjim Kasami.  Oh and that striker we bought for a billion dollars and played for 90 minutes....Good riddance.

the nutflush

I forgot Dejagah.  Poor excuse for a footballer.  Get rid.

cmg

As I understand it, Magath was appointed in February on an 18 month contract. On termination this contract would, presumably, be paid up in full unless negotiated otherwise. The amount would not, therefore, be outrageous (in football terms).

You could argue that he is being compensated for failure, but without a contract an employee would have little or no protection from the caprices of the employer. Magath did not appoint himself, and any money he gets for not working for us could be seen as a penalty on the management that appointed him in the first place.

epsomraver

Really? what a bizarre statement

nose

Sorry, I do not agree that clearing out some deadwood was an achievement. Magath got rid of deadwood and goodwood (sorry).  His clear out was bizarre.
FM had no idea of his best team or what tactics to play, he had no idea, he came in saying he would save us, he didn't, he said we were going to be promoted, relegated was more likely. Whoever's idea it was to bring him to fulham should be dispensed with. If it was mr kahn, then he must learn from the experience.

bog

Magath certainly had clear out. But not all needed to go. Sidwell, Stockdale, Kasami and Karagonis for his considerable experience with the youngsters. Glad to see the back of Magath and his cheese and wine parties.
The worst case was Maclaren. I will never forget the photo of he and his wife stood outside FA quarters both grinning broadly.  :dft007:

092.gif     

Snibbo

And even more so for chief executives of large organisations who get paid off at the end of their contracts even when they're been abject failures

ron

....... But lets not forget he did do FFC a big service by finally having one hell of a clear out.

In the same way the Black Death gave Britain a much more manageable population perhaps........?

Andy S

I didn't know people who died from the black death were paid

Fully agree ron. However it is the way of the world

bog

And Ron the Spanish flu epidemic after the end of WW1. 

092.gif

the nutflush

I have heard Magath being described as a cancer on our club.  I would have described him more as the Ebola virus.