watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how comes

Started by SouthWest6, September 30, 2014, 10:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

There's practically a full fixture of games in the Championship tonight, but then only 3 games on Wednesday night, and we play again on Saturday? Not being bias or anything, but teams like Middlesborough get an extra days rest.

Fulham Tup North

We are playing Wednesday because Chelscum were playing in the Champions League.
The FA knew when they produced the fixture list that Chelscum would be in the Champions League tonight, but would not have known if it was to be a home or an away fixture. As we have to book the Police early, we were moved to the Wednesday.  As it happened, after the Champions League draw, Chelscum were drawn away, but it would have been to late to re-arrange the fixture.
As for Dirty Leeds and the other one, I have no idea?  Sorry :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Because  at the start of the season,  we  ( read Felix  :005:) elected to play on a Wednesday,  but the majority (  :005: the rest)  of the Championship elected to play on the Tuesday.  :005: :012: :005:

Would I lie to you ????

Logicalman

Quote from: SouthWest6 on September 30, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
There's practically a full fixture of games in the Championship tonight, but then only 3 games on Wednesday night, and we play again on Saturday? Not being bias or anything, but teams like Middlesborough get an extra days rest.

But you could look at it in another way as well:
We get three days before the midweek match against Bolton, and Middlesbrough get 2 days before the midweek match against Blackpool, and vice-versa for saturday.

I guess the only 'fair' way would be for all the teams to play on the same day all the time, but that's not gonna happen, especially with the plethora of teams we have in West London, and once we're back in the Prem again, we can complain about the fixture changes due to TV rights.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Or, on the other hand, we had an extra day's rest from last weekend's match that all but 6 Championship clubs DIDN'T get.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BigbadBillyMcKinley

The players are on enough to play every day. End of!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Peppo

Two days is enough rest. They are professional footballers.

Deanothefulhamfan

We made the choice to play our home midweek games on a Wednesday, not really fussed either way in truth. Positives and negatives for both.

BestOfBrede

We chose Wednesday's as Eastenders is on every other night but Wednesday.
Simples!