News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you, as a Fulham fan, have any sort of affinity with the Jaguars?

Started by Wimbledon_White, October 09, 2014, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

I'd like to go to the game at Wembley but the cheapest tickets where £70, also Mr B refused to go with me and I didn't want to go on my own.
When I was at school we played American football, although it was a version where we couldn't bundle each other
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MrProphet

Great game and alot would change their minds if they went to a game. I'm a packers fan been to a game at Lambeau Field and the last 4 Wembley games with a further two this year. In terms of a spectacle and family atmosphere football could learn a lot!

I do have some feelings towards the Jags and that unfortunately is pity. They have been horrendous for several years now and this year was ment to be where it's turned around but at the moment they look even worse.

Although Khan has put a huge amount of money in to the local area it's also plain to see that the Jags will be permanently London bound as soon as he can do it. It's because of this that I don't trust his motives around taking over us

Buffalo76

Long time Bills fan. Going to see them play the Dolphins in Miami next month. Before our owner came along had zero interest in the Jags and even though i don't care how they're doing i've started looking out for their results, mainly out of curiosity. But to answer your question its a big NO.

Basil

Always had a passing interest in NFL but the Khan connection meant I have gravitated towards to Jags. Sure they are not the best but I needed to follow a winner I would follow Chelsea not Fulham. Going to Wembley for the Cowboys game in a few weeks. I really like 'American Football' as a sport, not sure the NFL product does not grate with me slightly but college football not accessible here.

K33NY

Aaron

Already have my team (Green Bay) and am going to Lambeau Field next weekend to see them in action.

My interest towards the Jaguars extends little beyond the fact they have been abysmal since Khan acquired them.  Besides chucking $20m in to the pot when they stuck up the new scoreboards he doesn't appear to have done much to turn around their fortunes on the field as (with the exception of their inaugural season) every season under Khan's ownership has worse than any other season in the history of the franchise.  But he wants to move the team to London and it's easier to do that with a team that lose every week so ironically, it's probably good business on his part.

If the Jags did move to London (and presumably changed their name in the process) I'd probably adopt them as a second team if for no other reason than it's easier for me to get to London than it is to get to Wisconsin.

While it would be a mistake to draw too many Fulham related conclusions based on this I do wonder what impact having a wealthy NFL franchise just up the road as a big brother would have for the club.  I don't think it's an inherently bad thing and there's no way that the existence of Fulham Football Club or Craven Cottage would be under threat as a result but at the same time I don't think Khan really cares all that much about us to be honest, particularly now that we're towards the bottom end of the second tier of English football. 

Hopefully Khan proves that he's both decent and savvy enough not to let us languish as a half finished and hastily abandoned project consigned to the corner of the garage or that cupboard in the hall where the Christmas tree resides for 11 months of the year.

jj____

Quote from: Buffalo76 on October 10, 2014, 08:26:45 AM
Long time Bills fan. Going to see them play the Dolphins in Miami next month. Before our owner came along had zero interest in the Jags and even though i don't care how they're doing i've started looking out for their results, mainly out of curiosity. But to answer your question its a big NO.

Same here.  Massive Bills fan, have been my whole life.  I don't have any interest in the Jaguars playing well or any other team in the NFL really, mostly due to bitterness and Buffalo's lack of on-field success

Wingnut

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Logicalman on October 10, 2014, 03:04:40 AM
I have no interest in the NFL, bunch of over-paid and over-pandered nancies!

You've just described football as well!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

I caught some of a game last week between the Eagles and the 49ers. First time I've seen Gridiron since I played John Madden '92 on the Megadrive.

I was surprised to find that I enjoyed it! Although that was probably because it was extended highlights without all the long stoppages.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Flummer23

It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

snarks

Been a dolphins fan since the days of larry czonka or csonka depending on what you read, but partners son supports the jags because of Mr Khan and we will be going to wembley to see them in November

mullers

Two things for me. The best sport related book I've ever read is 'The Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football' by Fred Zimmerman. Ignoring the dodgy title, although it's about American football I learnt more about team sport in general from it than anywhere else.

Also I've followed the Steelers for over thirty years and if anyone wants to know why Fulham are near the bottom of the Championship then the story of Art Rooney as an owner and Chuck Noll [r.i.p] as a coach might explain a lot. Those two, after Pittsburgh had been voted the worst franchise in the history of American sports, won four Superbowls in the next seven years. It's all about the the club as a whole, not just the team.

WhiteJag

Quote from: mullers on October 10, 2014, 07:29:46 PM
Two things for me. The best sport related book I've ever read is 'The Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football' by Fred Zimmerman. Ignoring the dodgy title, although it's about American football I learnt more about team sport in general from it than anywhere else.

Also I've followed the Steelers for over thirty years and if anyone wants to know why Fulham are near the bottom of the Championship then the story of Art Rooney as an owner and Chuck Noll [r.i.p] as a coach might explain a lot. Those two, after Pittsburgh had been voted the worst franchise in the history of American sports, won four Superbowls in the next seven years. It's all about the the club as a whole, not just the team.

Smartest thing I've read all thread...