News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you, as a Fulham fan, have any sort of affinity with the Jaguars?

Started by Wimbledon_White, October 09, 2014, 01:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

When Khan bought FFC we were initially inundated with Jacksonville Jaguars' news on a weekly basis, it slowly petered out however and now we don't tend to hear about them directly from the club. We also haven't seen that weird dancing Jaguar mascot thing for a while either!

Anyway, I see the occasional thread on here about them, and the NFL is undoubtedly picking up new fans across the UK every year. So ladies and gentlemen, I ask you, as a Fulham fan, do you have any affinity with our the Jacksonville Jaguars? If so, why?

Indeed, is there anyone on here who is a Jaguars fan who has 'found' Fulham since the Khan takeover?

Just kinda interested is all...  051

Oakeshott

No. Rubbish sport, and even if I became interested why would I support the Js just because they are owned by the same person who, for the time being, owns Fulham?

domprague

:plus one:

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 09, 2014, 01:44:05 PM
No. Rubbish sport, and even if I became interested why would I support the Js just because they are owned by the same person who, for the time being, owns Fulham?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Chesh

Although I have no interest in NFL, I would naturally wish them well as we share owners, and my son bought a JJ cap when we were in Florida last year.

Seems they are not a good team at the moment, but would root for them over any other team for what it's worth.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

epsomraver

Quote from: domprague on October 09, 2014, 01:47:32 PM

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 09, 2014, 01:44:05 PM

Peabody

Deanothefulhamfan

I have zero interest in American football, I know nothing about the rules, I couldn't even tell you who won the last Superbowl, but my friend bought me a Philadelphia Eagles glass when I was younger, so I said they are my American football team.  If I ever get to the US I will try and get to an Eagles game. Just for the heck of it.....

I don't want the JJ to struggle though, as I would like our Chairman to do well by them. 

ToodlesMcToot

I wish the Jaguars success but my team is the Atlanta Falcons.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FPT

I always wanted to get into American Football, but never had a reason; once Shahid Khan bought the football club, I had a reason. I must say, the Jaguars' fans have been very warm to me on Twitter and a few have shown the same enthusiasm for Fulham as I have for the Jaguars.

Obviously it's been tough for both parties to be interested in (for many) a new sport especially when the team you're keeping an eye out for is losing, but I would say that I do feel an affinity with the Jaguars, but that's also aided by the fact that I want to. Some people just don't care for American Football, and that's fine, but that's how I expect this thread to go.

A lot of people don't care for the NFL, and that's why they felt it was being shovelled down their throat, when it really wasn't.

cmg

Totally dedicated to the Jagsters, the pride of the state of Alabama. All they need is a left-handed relief pitcher and a new goaltender and I think they'll blitz the NBA next year.
Similarly I always insist on Flex-n-Gate Pawl & Sector and Torsion Lock Systems for my car. Or at least I would if I could afford a car, which I can't, not since I started to do all my shopping at Harrods in 1998.
(Anybody wan't to buy a very old set of Deans Blinds?)

Two Ton Ted

Never ever bloody anything ever.

RidgeRider

No affinity. Being from across the pond, I already have my team and that won't change. My son has been playing American football for the past 3 years, so we attend of a lot of games at his level and at the high school level. The Pro game has been slowed down to the point that it can be tedious at times. Timeouts, replay, and commercial interests have slowed the game down so much I find it harder to watch the pro game. The NFL needs to address this issue. Wasn't like this when I was a young kid.

f321ffc

Yes have loads of interest in Jaguars, love the old XJ6`S and would kill for an E type convertible. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

CottagersOnTour

Long time 49'ers fan here, simply because one of my best mates moved to San Fransisco about ten years ago and I've been a (long distance) fan ever since... It just so happens my girlfriend moved to San Fran this year for work as well and I will be following shortly!

Can't say I would be too bothered about following the Jags though if I didn't have a team already, it's not the most exciting sport in the world to go watch, roughly 90 seconds of play for every 15 mins of time spent watching... Games seem to last a minimum of 4-5 hours.

I was quite impressed by the 40,000+ people at a college/non-professional friendly though (Berkley v Sacremento). Imagine having a 50,000 seater stadium down Kingston Uni for their football team, don't think it would work somehow.

Kingstonians would have a great ground share though...

Tonywa

None whatever.  One of the most tedious sports known to man - even makes Rugby Union look entertaining.

F(f)CUK

In 1985 I was at Liverpool University studying civil engineering.  I used to buy a newspaper daily and was the only person I know who did.  In these pre-internet days you would rely on newspapers for news and results.  My best mate followed the New England Patriots and every Monday/Tuesday would ask me to check their result.  That was the year that New England made it to the superbowl only to be flattened by a fridge.  By the end of the season, I was interested in their scores and was watching the Channel 4 coverage.  I followed New England ever since (note I do not say support New England, as for me supporting is about seeing a team play regularly - although I have followed their stats, view match highlights on-line and know the starting line-ups).  I have seen New England play Tampa Bay at Wembley, my mate and I saw almost every home London Monarchs game and I have been to a few American Bowls before the real matches were introduced.

If New England played the Jaguars I hope that the Patriots rub the noses of the Jags into the dirt.  I consider the Jags in the same way that I follow the London based rugby league team (which by now has a very tenuous link to Fulham) in that I will look at their results but not much else.

WhiteJag

I'm exactly the person you're asking about.  I'm a Jags fan since the 90's that started paying attention to FFC because of Khan's purchase of the team.  I can't say why there seems to be some irritation about the link between the two clubs.  Anytime new, fresh, excited fans start backing your club, that's a good thing.  That's building the brand, increasing revenue, and making the club stronger.  Not for anything, but the UK and US fan bases both have a metric sh*t-ton of money to throw at sports.  I say welcome your new fans, no matter where they come from (which everyone here has done I must say.  Ya'll are great.)

F(f)CUK

I cannot believe anyone would be anti your support. I hope you get as many years enjoying the ups and downs of Fulham as I have. :wine:

WhiteJag

I'm far more interested in how a club achieves greatness than one that is already on top.  So far, I've loved watching FCC and my passion is only growing.

win-dup

as interested as I was with buying pizza from Pizza Hut when they were our shirt sponsors. Is there a level of interest less than zero?