watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz

Started by DiegoFulham, October 21, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

When this awful player leaves, opponents can start double teaming someone else.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 21, 2014, 07:04:05 PM
When this awful player leaves, opponents can start double teaming someone else.

Well, if we play  Roberts, David and G Williams, that would tie up 6 of their players
leaving plenty of space for the others to sneak into.
Even B+B could score in that line up
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FFC1987

A world class player is someone who can perform in games on an international level. He can and does. I think anyone who disagree's with this, has a different definition on the term 'world class' which is always a common argument.

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2014, 10:58:11 AM
A world class player is someone who can perform in games on an international level. He can and does. I think anyone who disagree's with this, has a different definition on the term 'world class' which is always a common argument.
Your right it is a common argument as people differ in their views. The one which says players do it for club, the other that they do it at international level and then another saying they have to do it all the time no matter if club or country.

Take Messi as an example, up until around 18 months ago the consensus was by the so called experts that he had not delivered for Argentina any where near often enough, so under the international playing reasoning he was not world class, for Ronaldo the same could be said about international football but to a slightly lesser degree (again according to the so called experts), are they then not world class players? we all know they are.

A world class player should deliver a performance more often than not, so base don that it should be the last category I mentioned above, but then that is my opinion and not one base don fact etc.

As I say would anyone 18 months to 2 years ago say Messi or Ronaldo were not world class? or prior to the world cup say Ruiz is world class. Everyone has their opinion and that's the way it should be
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

It's good to know that players like Glen Johnson are seen as world class then.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 23, 2014, 11:30:10 AM

Has he been unplayable for England then? I haven't seen it personally.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

where do you mention unplayable in your original post?  Just that they perform on an international stage.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 23, 2014, 11:54:52 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2014, 11:51:44 AM

where do you mention unplayable in your original post?  Just that they perform on an international stage.

I think you're being rather pedantic but fine, i'm sure in some stages of his career Glenn Johnson has been considered an international class full back.

MJG

Whatever... But Ruiz is NOT world class,  I know that much.

My criteria for world class is... Would they be on the pitch at kick off with a game between the best 22 players in the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Sometimes I feel the worlds going mad, either that or I'm currently living on Mars reading statements so ridiculous that its a bit painful.

Let's not argue or insult each other but let's also not insult ones intelligence either.

Mr Ruiz is not world class, Madrid payed 80/90 odd million for bale and Ronaldo whilst no one would even sign Ruiz for 5/6 after the world cup of his life where he also missed one of the penalties to knock his Costa Rica out. Bit harsh? Maybe but not as mad a comment as world class and Bryan in the same sentence.

It doesn't make you world class to do OK in a world cup, that's very vague. You do realise the likes of north Korea make it to world cups? A world class player is someone you can make a case for to get into any team in the world, the top 10 maximum best players for one position.

We can't all even make a solid argument for Ruiz playing against Rotherham let alone compete with messi etc.

I'm all for hearing a case for Ruiz, I like him even if he is frustrating but you're argument  is a waste of time with statements like that. Im not even sure he's fulhams best player but like I said, I am from Mars.........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 23, 2014, 12:47:22 PM
Sometimes I feel the worlds going mad, either that or I'm currently living on Mars reading statements so ridiculous that its a bit painful.

Let's not argue or insult each other but let's also not insult ones intelligence either.

Mr Ruiz is not world class, Madrid payed 80/90 odd million for bale and Ronaldo whilst no one would even sign Ruiz for 5/6 after the world cup of his life where he also missed one of the penalties to knock his Costa Rica out. Bit harsh? Maybe but not as mad a comment as world class and Bryan in the same sentence.

It doesn't make you world class to do OK in a world cup, that's very vague. You do realise the likes of north Korea make it to world cups? A world class player is someone you can make a case for to get into any team in the world, the top 10 maximum best players for one position.

We can't all even make a solid argument for Ruiz playing against Rotherham let alone compete with messi etc.

I'm all for hearing a case for Ruiz, I like him even if he is frustrating but you're argument  is a waste of time with statements like that. Im not even sure he's fulhams best player but like I said, I am from Mars.........

'The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one he said. The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one. But still they come'
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

See what I mean about the definition of world class....blimey, even when its in black and white and stated as difference of opinion to the definition of it, people still harp on. There is currently no actual definition, its based on interpretation. I stated my interpretation that Ruiz performs on the world stage, that's a fact for me includes him in the world class bracket of my classification. Look forward to some intelligent replies.

J.Perkins

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2014, 01:35:43 PM
See what I mean about the definition of world class....blimey, even when its in black and white and stated as difference of opinion to the definition of it, people still harp on. There is currently no actual definition, its based on interpretation. I stated my interpretation that Ruiz performs on the world stage, that's a fact for me includes him in the world class bracket of my classification. Look forward to some intelligent replies.

To be World Class, you have to be the best of the best. Ruiz isn't anywhere close to that. You are just deluding yourself.

FFC1987

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 23, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

To be World Class, you have to be the best of the best. Ruiz isn't anywhere close to that. You are just deluding yourself.

Someone obviously didn't read the criteria properly....

dannyboi-ffc

Im gobsmacked!  OK fair enough the term 'world class' is down to opinion and interpretation. Fair enough but no one can deny world class players are the ones who consistently perform to a high standard at the highest level. Ruiz had ONE decent world cup, not outstanding like James Rodriguez who also played for a country no one expected to be world beaters.

Other than that Ruiz did well in the eredivisie and never managed to put a run of good performances together for Fulham. Yes Fulham! Not Madrid or Barcelona, Fulham! He even struggled against Norwich and some put it down to fatigue, funny that........

Because world class players like messi, ronaldo, iniesta have not had  a proper rest for about 6 years. Always making it to the latter stages of champs league, world cups. Confederations cup.

These guys never get a break yet they continue to maintain a high level of performance and condition themselves to handle such a busy programme.

If ruiz was world class he would not play for Fulham, he is now in his fourth year here and no one would even go near him with a year left on his contract and at a relegated club. When only werder Bremen and besiktas are interested and even they are penny pinching at a deal it makes you wonder.

People tell me Ruiz was as good as Suarez in the eredivisie, yet Suarez was good enough to adapt to the physical fast paced side of our game whilst Ruiz struggled. Suarez now plays for Barcelona........

The sad thing about you believing Ruiz is world class is I don't even think Bryanwould bbelieve that. The only world class players to have played for Fulham whilst being world class were johnny haynes and van der Sar. I can assure you Ruiz is not to that standard

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 23, 2014, 01:40:22 PM

FFC1987 if you define those that perform on the world stage I assume you mean players who have played international football. Thats why I think club form has to be included as well. I say that as if it is just internatinal football then the likes of Carlton Palmer, Mike Phelan, Gabor Kiraly, Freddie Eastwood to name but a few would have been classed as world class.

If you include Ruiz's club form over the time with us he probably would not be included in most peoples lists.

But as you say and as I said in an earlier post its a common argument as people base there opinions on differing standards.
Every day is a Fulham day

Baszab

He's not the Messiah -  he's a naughty boy

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on October 23, 2014, 01:56:20 PM

FFC1987 if you define those that perform on the world stage I assume you mean players who have played international football. Thats why I think club form has to be included as well. I say that as if it is just internatinal football then the likes of Carlton Palmer, Mike Phelan, Gabor Kiraly, Freddie Eastwood to name but a few would have been classed as world class.

If you include Ruiz's club form over the time with us he probably would not be included in most peoples lists.

But as you say and as I said in an earlier post its a common argument as people base there opinions on differing standards.

People base it on different standards? You're being too polite westcliff my son!

You've got no standards what so ever if you believe Ruiz is world class, thinking he's a very good player is not a problem. I can see a case for that because he does show glimpses of a special talent but not world class. That's just taking liberties with my intelligence, and I don't have much!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FFC1987

And you got my point exactly.

I think world class is a loose term because, i'm judging it on the standard of football they play. Just like a player playing in the championship is a championship player, if a player plays international football, regardless for whoever, you are a world class player. And yes, O'Shea and the like get classified in this. That's the standard they are playing and they're the facts we're looking at.

I think adding the domestic form takes it to a new level past world class, elitist class perhaps. I don't think any player including San Marino's team can ignore the term on their CV. He is judged as in the best 25 (squad) of his country, so clearly they are in a bracket of elite of their own.

Do I think he's as good as the worlds elite, obviously not. Am i comparing him to them, obviously not. Am I stating he's a better class of footballer than say a 'championship' player, yes I most definitely am. Why is it important to class this, because stating someone is world class is too loose a term to label the worlds elite, they have their own category. Thats my interpretation of the term 'world class' and why its evidently relevent to Ruiz.

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 23, 2014, 02:07:06 PM

People base it on different standards? You're being too polite westcliff my son!

You've got no standards what so ever if you believe Ruiz is world class, thinking he's a very good player is not a problem. I can see a case for that because he does show glimpses of a special talent but not world class. That's just taking liberties with my intelligence, and I don't have much!

Ignorance at it's most bliss. Read the original point on classification of the term.