Author Topic: Dempsey not in Klinsmann's 23 for break  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Nightwind15

• tjl
Re: Dempsey not in Klinsmann's 23 for break
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 01:01:47 AM »
Wondo was a fav of mine until the miss in the Belgium World Cup match. I was gutted and while I am sure he was as well I put a lot of stock in him prior to that. 
I really would like to see him in white for a couple of years.  He works his butt of and as has been related here already.  He gets back on defense well and is a team player.  I hope he will check in for us in the near future.  By the way, I forgive him for the Belgium miss but it took a while. 

Offline btings

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:34 AM »
I think there's zero chance he would come here for anything other than a loan.  The Quakes are rebuilding and he's basically their main draw; he's also very connected to the area (he's a Bay Area native, has a very young daughter, etc).  He's also 31, so no overseas team will put up the money that MLS would want to lose a player who is still (despite Belgium) one of their most prolific strikers.

Offline nevzter

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »
Well, I was writing a narrative when I realized a couple of points re Wondolowski would suffice:
- He does play his rear-end off and can score like a mother#@$%^*, but I don't know how his MLS form would transfer to Fulham (I'm an Earthquakes season ticket holder for many years ongoing);  I also forgive him for the Belgium miss, geez, there's been many players more decorated than Wondo that missed such a shot
-  I don't want him at Fulham; I'd be very happy for the club if a loan was worked out, but I also am selfish and want to see him open the new stadium in San Jose
- How did this thread become about Wondo?  (and I contributed to it... 096.gig)

Also, Dempsey is rubbish.

COYW

Offline Forever Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 01:42:18 AM »
That Belgium whiff is going to haunt that poor bastard for the rest of his life.  I know I won't forget it any time soon...

Offline andersons11

• Jimmy Hill
  • @11andersons11
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 01:48:27 AM »
Shame Emerson wasn't called up. I mean its not like he's in the area or anything.

Offline love4ffc

• Twitter @Love4FFC
  • Global Moderator
  • cebu
  • What could go wrong? We're Fulham.........COYW!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 01:57:15 AM »
Shame Emerson wasn't called up. I mean its not like he's in the area or anything.
Was thinking the same thing

Offline PaulUMD

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »
I was really surprised Emerson didn't get the call.  Then again, nothing wrong with him working hard in training to become a regular starter at Fulham.  That's more important. 

Offline btings

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 05:25:45 AM »
Well, I was writing a narrative when I realized a couple of points re Wondolowski would suffice:
- He does play his rear-end off and can score like a mother#@$%^*, but I don't know how his MLS form would transfer to Fulham (I'm an Earthquakes season ticket holder for many years ongoing);  I also forgive him for the Belgium miss, geez, there's been many players more decorated than Wondo that missed such a shot
-  I don't want him at Fulham; I'd be very happy for the club if a loan was worked out, but I also am selfish and want to see him open the new stadium in San Jose
- How did this thread become about Wondo?  (and I contributed to it... 096.gig)

Also, Dempsey is rubbish.

COYW

Whoah, more Quakes supporters!  Somehow I hadn't seen you before.