more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

turn back the clock

Started by colcliff, November 13, 2014, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcliff

we all moan and groan about players we sold or players we brought
but if you could turn back the clock and stop the sale of any one player or the buying of another who would it be and why?
no we had to because of this or that this is in  a perfect environment
from my point of view it would have been to stop the sale  of Alan Clarke. at the time i thought Clarke was one of the best strikers in the country  and was still young enough to give us plenty of years of top service, this would also have stopped the arrival of Frank large  nice bloke but just awful

this has probably ben posted loads of times  but I have not seen it for a while

Horsfield_No9

Saha. We were 4th in December if I remember correctly with him already on 12 or so goals.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: colcliff on November 13, 2014, 10:19:39 AM
we all moan and groan about players we sold or players we brought
but if you could turn back the clock and stop the sale of any one player or the buying of another who would it be and why?
no we had to because of this or that this is in  a perfect environment
from my point of view it would have been to stop the sale  of Alan Clarke. at the time i thought Clarke was one of the best strikers in the country  and was still young enough to give us plenty of years of top service, this would also have stopped the arrival of Frank large  nice bloke but just awful

this has probably ben posted loads of times  but I have not seen it for a while

Everybody KNEW how good Clarke was.

There was no way a relegated club could have kept him.

Craven Mad

For me, it'd have to be either Mitrog or Darren Bent, purely because I think we put our faith in Darren for the first half of last season and Mitrog for the second half - neither of whom performed and, had they not been brought-in, I think we could've spent the money more wisely elsewhere and possibly stayed in the top-flight..

As for someone who left, I still miss Danny Murphy and think it was a huge mistake to let him go; our midfield fell to pieces without him.

H4usuallysitting

Edwin......he won bugger all after he left us..ahem

Cottagism

Moussa Dembele.  Beautiful player.  Always worth watching.  Could build a team around him.

Though I agree that losing Danny Murphy was a totally pivotal development.  Maybe if he'd stayed with us he'd be manager now (I have the hunch he would/will be a very good one).  Oh for a time machine.

colinwhite

I was sad to see louis go . Not just because he was fantastic player , but because  it was when reality kicked in and we realized we were never going to be "the Man ute of the south " -  shame.

colcliff

tony gilroy  as i said yes we all knew we could not hold onto Alan Clarke but  this is in a perfect world

twang

Saha would be the obvious choice, but I'd have to say the Double D's.

We played som brilliant football in the second half of their last season and not only had a great starting eleven, but a strong well balanced squad. Had Dembele and Dempsey stayed, and Jol been allowed to spend on one or two quality player - then we'd have every chance of breaking into the top 6.

Southcoastffc

Stop the sale - has to be King Louis, honourable mentions to Steed, VDS, Dembele, Dempsey.  Stop the purchase - has to be Berbatov, (lovely player but really damaged the spirit of the club) with dishonourable mentions to Mitroglu, Michael Brown, Ahmad Elrich.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SadOldGit

Edwin certainly, Saha too, but more recently, Simon Davies.  Bring him back!

Holders

So many: MacDonald, Marsh, Mullery, Saha, D&D...

Bent and Mitroglu for the reasons given above.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Danny Murphy never should have been allowed to leave the club. Jol's brilliant plan of replacing him with Diarra was our undoing.

FFC1987

Moussa Dembele for me. The one player that potentially, we could have built a team around and pushed for higher things with a bit of investment!Unplayable on his day, misunderstood at Spurs. How many times I hear, 'he doesn't score as many goals considering his record at Fulham'..... Clueless.

Barrett487

I was gutted to lose Steve Finnan. Have we had as good a fullback since?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 13, 2014, 06:32:37 PM
I was gutted to lose Steve Finnan. Have we had as good a fullback since?

No one has even come close. A very special full back, i'd imagine only Cohen and Langley are regarded as greater for Fulham.  Didn't regret him lleaving though, volz was a decent enough replacement and Finnan was one player who deserved a shot at a big club. He went on to win the champs league too. 

As for player I wish we'd kept, it probably has to be dembele.  Saha was superb but we replaced him with Mcbride.  We replaced dembele with sidwell,  karagounis, Diarra,  kvist and Parker.  Big difference and it showed.

Player I regret us signing would be a toss up between mitroglou bent and Berbatov. I think I hated berbatov the most and his attitude seemed to rub off on the players. Jol allowed him to ruin our team ethics and I never thought he was that good a player. I used to at spurs but not after seeing him week in week out. Had an incredible touch but football's about much more than that. I still regard him as a big reason we were relegated
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Shredhead

Stop the sale? Jim Stannard (the first time).
Stop the buy? Peter Marinello.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

St Eve

There are so many. Marsh, Super Mac, Mullery, Davies, Earle, Houghton, Saha, Steed. But for me I was devastated when we sold Allan Clarke

absent cottager

Stop the sale, Luis Boa Morte,

twang

Quote from: absent cottager on November 14, 2014, 08:50:53 AM
Stop the sale, Luis Boa Morte,

Really? I'm a huge fan of Boa but we mugged West Ham off by getting £5m for a player way past his best.