more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Agents Fees

Started by grandad, December 01, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Payments to Agents – 2013/14

Total amount paid to agents in the period 1 October 2013 to 30 September 2014: £2,902,676.57

How can I become an agent. This is just the fees paid by Fulham. What must the figure be for all clubs.?
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: grandad on December 01, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

Total amount paid to agents in the period 1 October 2013 to 30 September 2014: £2,902,676.57

How can I become an agent. This is just the fees paid by Fulham. What must the figure be for all clubs.?
£115M for all the 'current' PL clubs during 13-14

the nutflush

I went to school in Perth with Frank Trimboli.  I chatted to him at his sister's wedding (his sister is good friends with my wife) a couple of years ago.  He manages Roy Hodgson and Arsene Wenger as well as a few EPL players. 

He used to be in banking.  He told me he was riding the tube to work one morning and decided "f*** it,  I hate what I'm doing.  I'm going to find a job I enjoy".   Runs his own management business and earns a freakin fortune.  Good luck to him.  Always was a high achiever and a first class human being. 

He also told me what an absolute gentleman Roy Hodgson is.  As if we didn't already know. 

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2014, 09:47:40 AM
Quote from: grandad on December 01, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

£115M for all the 'current' PL clubs during 13-14

So we paid half the average.

Fernhurst

75% of that amount to the tubby little fella lying poolside in his new villa in Greece plotting Mister Glue's next move.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2014, 10:33:33 AM
75% of that amount to the tubby little fella lying poolside in his new villa in Greece plotting Mister Glue's next move.
You mean all these 'Agents'

Fernhurst

Yeah..... That's the fella on right of the picture.
The other two wearing appropriate black ties were invited along to the ceremonial cremation of 12 million pounds.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Deanothefulhamfan

:wine:
Quote from: Fernhurst on December 01, 2014, 11:59:10 AM
Yeah..... That's the fella on right of the picture.
The other two wearing appropriate black ties were invited along to the ceremonial cremation of 12 million pounds.

Hats off sir that did make me chuckle  082.gif

grandad

I would be Fotheringham´s agent for free to find him another club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: grandad on December 01, 2014, 01:03:30 PM
I would be Fotheringham´s agent for free to find him another club.
But you would have to pay that club to take him off our hands

HatterDon

I've asked this question elsewhere -- and got no response. I'll try again.

Why do clubs pay players agents ANYTHING? Those agents work for the players. It has to be some sort of tax dodge for the clubs. Otherwise, it would certainly violate whatever professional code of ethics that exists. It would be very easy for some disgruntled player to claim that he was being manipulated by his agent and the employing club that's paying his agent to strike a deal to the player's detriment.

I'm pretty certain that it would be illegal over here -- where owners and agents generally prefer not to be in the same room.

There are several "lawyers" on this site. I wonder if any of them have an insight into this from an English/EU point of view?

Calling Mr. Gilroy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

I'm not that sort of lawyer.

Football ethics and finance stinks. We deal with agents because they control the players. We can't sign the players we want or negotiate contracts with them unless we do it through their agents and Condition Number 0ne is that we pay their hideously excessive "fees".

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on December 01, 2014, 03:12:18 PM
I've asked this question elsewhere -- and got no response. I'll try again.

Why do clubs pay players agents ANYTHING? Those agents work for the players. It has to be some sort of tax dodge for the clubs. Otherwise, it would certainly violate whatever professional code of ethics that exists. It would be very easy for some disgruntled player to claim that he was being manipulated by his agent and the employing club that's paying his agent to strike a deal to the player's detriment.

I'm pretty certain that it would be illegal over here -- where owners and agents generally prefer not to be in the same room.

There are several "lawyers" on this site. I wonder if any of them have an insight into this from an English/EU point of view?

Calling Mr. Gilroy.
One rule is that Agents can only be paid by one body/person for the work relating to the deal. hence the clubs pay for his services in any deal. I think its more to do with transparency more than anything else.