watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hoogland and Amorebieta

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 03, 2014, 01:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

When fit (hopefully for Watford) does Hoogland go straight back into the team replacing Grimmer, or does Jack keep his spot and Hoogland used as a substitute for either defense or midfield?

Amorebieta - same question. Does he take Stafy's spot, and we move Staf up to the left side of midfield to use his pace and power, or does he take the bench?

I would love Hoog and Amore to be fit as soon as possible (as would everyone else), but the question is where do they fit into Kit's plans with Grimmer recalled and Fofana now in the mix?

I'll it up to you all to discuss, and I look forward to reading your opinions!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: St Eve on December 03, 2014, 01:40:36 AM
And isn't Burn back?

Good on you, St Eve, I had completely forgotten that he was even out against Brighton. Did Hutchinson do enough to keep a spot (more than likely not) after playing arguably his best performance in a Fulham shirt?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

J.Perkins

If both fully fit, both go back in. Grimmer was recalled due to major weakness in that position, and Hoogland is a better player than Grimmer. Amorebieta is by far our best full back, and should replace Staf, if, as said, fully fit. Regards to Burn, I don't see why Hutch should be dropped, after a very good performance at Brighton, one I have not seen Burn beat personally. Basically, the only certs for the defence on Friday are Betts and Bodurov.

If all fit for Watford, I'd like to see this:

Hoogland - Bodurov - Hutchinson - Amorebieta

St Eve

I am still not convinced with Amorebieta

Mokes

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 03, 2014, 01:54:19 AM
If both fully fit, both go back in. Grimmer was recalled due to major weakness in that position, and Hoogland is a better player than Grimmer. Amorebieta is by far our best full back, and should replace Staf, if, as said, fully fit. Regards to Burn, I don't see why Hutch should be dropped, after a very good performance at Brighton, one I have not seen Burn beat personally. Basically, the only certs for the defence on Friday are Betts and Bodurov.

090.gif

J.Perkins

Quote from: Mokes on December 03, 2014, 02:56:52 AM

090.gif

Aren't you a real funny guy, on par with Darren Bent levels of funniness.

love4ffc

Quote from: Mokes on December 03, 2014, 02:56:52 AM

090.gif

Care to elaborate and actually contribute to the discussion as to what or who you don't like in this back four?  

Personally I would like to see Grimmer and Hoogland compete for the position.  I like Burn in the middle but would like another CB with serious experience to come in to be his partner.   Amorebieta is doing a nice job for us currently and deserves to go back in right away.  I also like Staf going back to the outside as he is great in the attack and gets back to help Amorebieta.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

Interesting question. For me Amorebieta is far better than Staf at lb, and also our best defensive passer of the ball, Hoogland is better in the cdm role imo, as I don't believe he is good enough at Fullback. Grimmer is also quicker than Hoogland which might be more needed against Watfords pacey frontmen.

Burn is quicker than Hutchinson, although he is still slow. But Watford don't really have an aerial threat which takes away his main strength.

With the forward line of Watford being very dangerous and pacey, I would actually like to see the following.

Grimmer Bodurov Amorebieta Staf

I know I spoke about Amorebieta being a better lb, but I think in this game more than any we need our quickest back four. Bodurov /Amorebieta, could also deal with the Strength of Deeney.

Kit doesn't like to change things up much, even more so if we win, so it will be really interesting who he starts if everyone is back fit and in contention .

love4ffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 03, 2014, 04:12:27 AM
Grimmer Bodurov Amorebieta Staf

Your back four would be very interesting to see in action.  Doubt Kit would ever go for it though. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Holders

The Hoog has been out for a long time firstly through illness then, we learned some weeks later, he also had an injury. Kit will want to see him fully fit before reintroducing him; similarly Amo who appeared to have come back early a couple of games ago and had to go off again. I'd like to see both back as soon as, and not before, they're fully fit but both would certainly be an improvement against a team like Watford.

Burn will be back anyway.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: St Eve on December 03, 2014, 02:07:05 AM
I am still not convinced with Amorebieta
same,  I'm actually ok with him nowhere near the team.

Baszab

Hoogland has had a nasty groin/pelvis injury and could be a while

snarks

I'm happier with Grimmer at RB, I don't thing Hoogland is as quick or that good a defender. If Amore is at LB then Staf has to play in front of him, as he covers for the lack of pace. Recalling how Staf has played against pacey wingers of late, I'd prefer him at LB.

Burn has more presence at CB, but I was really impressed with Hutch at Brighton.

cmg

Tricky one. I'd say that the three returnees have been the best answer at their respective positions, but all the replacements have been at least adequate. Full match fitness? Loyalty? Continuity? I suppose it's why they pay managers a large wedge.

What intrigues me is the notion that Burn is quicker than Hutchinson. Maybe in a straight line, but I wouldn't bet on Dan if there was any cornering to do.
In the long run managers will probably, all other things being reasonably equal, go for height at CB. Although, strangely, when I think back over the really great CBs of my experience, very few of them were exactly skyscrapers.

alfie

Interesting the old game of footy, it was not that long ago we were getting reminded every week that Amorebieta was not fit to wear the Fulham shirt, but now seems can't wait for him to get back. Oh us fickle supporters.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JackyFulham90

I think both should be subs at best I'm happy with Grimmer & Stafylidis. Stafylidis is by far our best left back.
Grimmer should be given another chance until Hoogland proves he is fully fit

J.Perkins

Amorebieta seems to be very love/hate here, may I know why some people aren't a fan of his?

MJG

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 03, 2014, 11:19:15 AM
Amorebieta seems to be very love/hate here, may I know why some people aren't a fan of his?
My issue with Amorebieta is similar to problems I had with Senderos, and that's a basic understanding of defending.
He is prone to trying to nick the ball from a player by trying to get his foot in front of the player (while tightly marking them) as the ball comes to the player and more times than not hes too close to the player and gets turned far too easily and the player is away.
Secondly he has no break. By that I means how many FK's does he give away by just running into the back of the player, he is clumsy in that way.

Now I know hes strong, possibly has one of the longest kicks in the team and has a decent header. But for me its outweighed by his number one job defending, and that's where I have the issue with him.

Hes had a bit of stop start season and maybe a run in the team for 5 games or so will settle him down, but I have seen nothing that shows he will improve those two points of his play that I dont like.

dannyboi-ffc

I think Hutchinson did well against Brighton, Grimmer was ok and a slight improvement on zverotic but he got caught out quite a few times and better opposition would punish us next time. Hoogland isn't brilliant at defending but he offers a lot going forward and although I like my full backs to be able to defend before attacking he's our best option when weighting up the pros and cons. Grimmer voser and zverotic aren't any better defensively and none are capable of joining attack like hoogland.

At left back I can see why some aren't sure of amore but for me he's one of our best crossers especially from deep and hes a decent defender. Stafylidis is poor at crossing and the system we normally play means the  wider players tuck in and the fullbacks do the crossing. Plus his height offers more at set pieces at both ends of the pitch than stafylidis or kavanagh.

I think people are forgetting how terrible Brighton were, only Bolton were worse this season and we weren't much better. So even though Hutchinson played decent, a better team like Watford would destroy him because he isn't quite good enough. Burn is the better player. If all our players are fit we need to be playing our strongest team and making the most of it. It's a long season and players like hutch, Grimmer etc will be handy and get their chances but whilst our best players are available we need to be playing them. We're playing catch up and can't afford to rest people until january

Bettinelli
Hoogland     Bod          Burn        Amore

Parker
            LVC                            Williams
                            Ruiz

Mcormack
                                      Hugo
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging