watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Symons is useless

Started by Ordar, December 05, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

That is the earliest I have ever left a game - since 1965 - and half time was the best I could do today. It  beat my previous record, set against Derby in the League Cup this year. Symons was responsible for both fiascos. I'm sorry fellow-fans but most of you have got what you asked for. This will end badly. 

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 05, 2014, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 05, 2014, 09:42:16 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on December 05, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 05, 2014, 09:30:11 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on December 05, 2014, 09:27:34 PM
fp.gif Good Lord! Get a grip!

They're right. He's been shown up game after game and we've scraped wins against poor teams playing long balls and not being exposed as well as the decent sides have done.

Like I said, get a qrip. What team would look good with their keeper sent off at 18 minutes? How is Kit responsible for that? Under Kit we have near the best record in the division. We are playing kids and this is what happens with young defenders. This is still Felix's team. Man, you can be such a negative person.

Sorry pal, 4-0 down at home against a team who should be so low on confidence theyd have to be dragged our of the changing rooms but yea - i'll find the positives...erm...the games over?

We were awful from the off, we had a player sent off because our 'defense' and midfield let them do what they wanted. This has been common for years and Kit hasn't and won't address this, we can only hope to outscore other teams, usually ones who are even worse than us.

Our only positive from this season so far is that there seem to be three teams worse than us, that's it.

Oh and as for what team would look good after a keeper being sent off, ive seen plenty if not most teams who get a player sent off and consolidate or at least put on a resolute performance. We looked awful, absolutely awful, before Marcus was sent off and even worse when he went off and was replaced by that comedy article.

Take a look at the squad roster and find me some defenders better than what we had out there today. I agree that we can look real bad but you act as if the sky has fallen. If Felix was still here we would be rock bottom, likely with less than 10 points. Taking over that train wreck and at least getting us close to mid table is a good accomplishment. At least we have scored a few. Kit isn't Old Red Nose or the Spoiled One. He doesn't have players three deep at every position and can't just write a check when he needs a player. This is the same argument we've been having on this forum since Mo quit spending 4 years ago. A good manager gets the best out of his players over the long haul. Today was an embarrassment but the last dozen games hasn't been all that bad. So, get a grip.
our back four are terrible, but you also defend as a team. kits tactics rely on hugo scoring more goals than the other team, to get us out of a mess in every game. i dont know why he persists with these stupid tactics. he has to go with two banks of four from now on or we will struggle to stay up, and he will struggle to keep his job till the end of may.  he has given up on stability and must change the team more than felix used to. granted a few have been down to injuries and suspensions but quite a few havent been. and what other manager only makes two subs after playing with ten for 70 mins. think thats his 3rd time he has done this. he needs to work on the little things more too. we would probably be so much more effective if we got the tea lady to take set pieces instead of ross. and he needs to get ross tighter to hugo so they can link up better. hugo looks lost when isolated.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

GrahamG

YankeeJim - you haven't got a clue. We were out of the game at 0-0!

BestOfBrede

I warned that Kit wasn't the right man and was slagged off for it!
We have a billion+ owner and once again go for the cheap option!

I fear our time in the big league is well and truly over. I loved it and never thought I would live to see it, but am grateful that I have.

I think we will now struggle to ever get to those heights again.

Oh well it was fantastic whilst it lasted and I will never forget.
(Let's be honest - we punched above our weight for 15 years!)

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 05, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

I fear our time in the big league is well and truly over. I loved it and never thought I would live to see it, but am grateful that I have.

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 05, 2014, 10:14:14 PM

i dont think we punched above our weight, there were some small teams up there with us for years who were truely punching above there weight. blackpool, wigan qpr the list goes on

PaulJ123

I said this at the time, and said it a couple of weeks ago. Our "style" of football is atrocious under Kit, he's a nice guy and all but NOT a manager by any stretch of the imagination.

Playing against a 352, you need width otherwise youre going to get pulled over the shop in the middle, Kit seems to love this stupid formation we seem intent on playing and hoofing balls up for Hugo to try to win.

We havent had a full game of good football under him (the odd 20mins here and there) but we just resort to this terrible hoof ball.

When we played Derby, that first half we actually got the ball down and played as we had Roberts and Williams playing to provide width.

People need to get off their high horse with their inevitable " fp.gif" replies to these posts and get those rose tinted glasses off cos Kits "one of our own" and realise we are in huge trouble, and made the wrong appointment.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 05, 2014, 10:20:12 PM
I said this at the time, and said it a couple of weeks ago. Our "style" of football is atrocious under Kit, he's a nice guy and all but NOT a manager by any stretch of the imagination.

Playing against a 352, you need width otherwise youre going to get pulled over the shop in the middle, Kit seems to love this stupid formation we seem intent on playing and hoofing balls up for Hugo to try to win.

We havent had a full game of good football under him (the odd 20mins here and there) but we just resort to this terrible hoof ball.

When we played Derby, that first half we actually got the ball down and played as we had Roberts and Williams playing to provide width.

People need to get off their high horse with their inevitable " fp.gif" replies to these posts and get those rose tinted glasses off cos Kits "one of our own" and realise we are in huge trouble, and made the wrong appointment.
I don't think we are in 'huge' trouble, we will certainly not go down!
But, unfortunately we have very little chance of going up and if we did we would be the laughing stock up there!

PaulJ123

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 05, 2014, 10:24:04 PM

I don't think we are in 'huge' trouble, we will certainly not go down!
But, unfortunately we have very little chance of going up and if we did we would be the laughing stock up there!

I may have got caught up in my rant there at end, agreed I dont think we'll go down as there are thankfully 3 worse teams than us.

Berserker

'It's football Jim, but not as we know it'
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Baszab

I don't understand why we are complaining about long ball football - it worked pretty well for Watford tonight - difference is they had pacy wingers who destroyed us - we don't have any midfielders to control the ball and move it forward, hence we have to go long - when KS can mould his own squad in the future, then  we can criticise him if it fails, now he has to make-do with a very weak squad and we will have to grin and bear it - it's not our tactics that are wrong,  it's the players

Ordar

Surely he should be selecting tactics which get the best out of the players we have. Does the long ball archaic football suit anybody in our entire squad? Especially when he's sent the one player it would suit out on loan!

Not sorting the defence out is inexcusable

PaulJ123

Quote from: Ordar on December 05, 2014, 10:32:45 PM
Surely he should be selecting tactics which get the best out of the players we have. Does the long ball archaic football suit anybody in our entire squad? Especially when he's sent the one player it would suit out on loan!

Exactly this.

Say we were playing Smith alongside Mccormack with some pace on the wings, it could be slighly understandable to try it.

What I don't get about it, at the U21s he didnt play this sort of football, maybe he thinks its a way to get some results that got him the job and just hasnt changed.

GrahamG

Baszab - If you mean that Watford were capable of passing to their own players over varying distances then that might have included the odd 'long ball' - possibly of the type that Johnny Haynes used to play! What we played was 'lump ball' with nobody to lump it to.

fulhamben

Quote from: PaulJ123 on December 05, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: Ordar on December 05, 2014, 10:32:45 PM

Exactly this.

Say we were playing Smith alongside Mccormack with some pace on the wings, it could be slighly understandable to try it.

What I don't get about it, at the U21s he didnt play this sort of football, maybe he thinks its a way to get some results that got him the job and just hasnt changed.
but he didnt pick teams like this. he put defenders in midfield when he was caretakerand basically had 7 protecting betts. now he has gone more adventurous but hasnt changed the system to accomedate it.

mangoputney

Quote from: Reznor on December 05, 2014, 09:28:27 PM
There are some on here that believe we have a top 4 squad! Lol.

+1

Playoffs

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Bill2

Have to agree, when I saw the line up for tonight I was worried. No width and no pace.
We played the ball down the middle in a congested area, if you play this way you need players who can pass the ball quickly and accurately, something we don't have. We were rubbish.
I won't go into the long ball game, Hugo must get really fed up with it hoofed long all the time, he is not that sort of player.
Scotty Parker had a stinker, but that could have been due to the narrow game we played.
Need to splash out in Jan for some quick players with some flair.

TrexFFC

I'm really tired of the team getting embarrassed by these scorelines.

Ordar

Under Symons we have conceded 27 goals in 15 games. With McCormack, Rodallega and Ruiz it goes without saying that we should be scoring. But conceding that many goals is ridiculous.

This is the 4th time this season that we've conceded 5 goals. Has that happened before?

LBNo11

....down to 10 men, goalkeeper sent off, tracksuit man on, team stretched and booed by their own fans at half-time, and apart from the usual suspects nobody singing - and now the knives are out for Kit who has done an amazing job to stop the rot.

Those who booed, a young team whose confidence was shaken, who needed the fans to get behind them -  I hope you feel good about yourselves. To be honest I'm more sick of the lack of support than I am of the team losing, well done, I hope you feel proud.

PS: Yes I have seen us under Kit
PPS: Stone cold sober so not a drunken rant

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Ordar

The support is a two way thing. The team has to play to encourage the fans aswell. There was absolutely nothing tonight for the fans to get behind. The support the team has has the majority of this season had been fantastic. I was at Brighton and Brentford and the fans were top class.

The performances on the pitch have been very poor. And the manager is tactically terrible. If he's going to stay he needs to bring in proper experienced coaches , especially to sort out the appalling defence