Started by jimmyc19, December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 11:36:27 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 11:29:09 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2014, 09:44:30 AM
Ruiz has been a decent buy, he has always given his best and on occasion he has been a class above. The loyalty he has demonstrated by dropping down a division and playing in a situation where many other players would of thrown their toys out and forced a move has earn him a great deal of my respect. I will be sad to see him go and I wish him all the best.

It was a good post until you said ruiz has shown loyalty. Ruiz isn't here because he wants to help Fulham back up, more like no one was willing to pay the right price for him and he was stuck here.

And I don't remember him showing much loyalty last year when all he cared about was the world cup. Ditching us for psv to be guaranteed first team football rather than help us avoid relegation doesn't warrant a loyalty sticker in my eyes.

I can't deny he has been trying but if the right club wants him in January,  he won't hesitate or think twice about where Fulham are. Award him for his efforts lately but please not his loyalty
wasnt that the same situation for hugo though? didnt we sign smith on dead line day because we thought hugo was off, but his suitors dropped out. didnt bobby z only stay with us because hull wouldnt pay him what he wanted too?

Yes but Hugo has openly admitted he wants to stay now and was only ever leaving because he didn't think he would play much here. Ruiz wants to leave because he's convinced he's above us and this level which I suppose he is but funny other clubs haven't seen it that way with a year to go on his contract.

Hugo also didn't leave in January and ditch us regardless of never playing.  He ended up being important to us in the end. I like ruiz but I think it's laughable to call him loyal just because he's still here. There's a lot more to it than that
you have far more faith in players than i do. i believe that if somone had of wanted him, hugo would have gone in the summer. and i believe if somone better wants him in jan then he will be off then too. its funny how players like saha steed and dempsey are deemed as greats, yet threw there toys out of the pram to get moves, and yet ruiz has stayed and just got on with it in a lower league, and he has no loyalty. hell even the great murphy walked out on us because he couldnt get what he wanted, and some still scream for him to be given a coaching role

They achieved a lot more at Fulham to warrant the title of great. But they are great because of how good they were and not their loyalty. Ruiz has done neither so there's a big difference.

I don't remember anyone saying Steed,  what a loyal player? More like Steed was a talented player who did well at Fulham. 

Ruiz may still be here and fair play to him for not kicking up a fuss but does that make him loyal? He will jump at the chance to leave and is here against his will.

Maybe praise ruiz for his attitude and professionalism,  but loyalty is definitely the wrong word especially after taking the easy option in January to avoid a relegation battle
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

I don't buy the Ruiz is loyal line for staying. He would have been off of anyone had coughed up enough to take him,  and no one did. And I don't want to hear the deal ran out of time,  lots of other deals got done.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 07, 2014, 02:01:24 PM
Not bothered whether he stays or not, I don't think we will miss him at all.

Again we agree sir. I'm not fussed either way, the system might actually change if ruiz goes. I don't think it's a big issue either way. It's more important we keep players like LVC now
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

we wouldnt miss any of our squad if they left
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jimmyc19

Quote from: Ged on December 07, 2014, 01:26:08 PM
Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
News we all expected but a mate of mine has a dad in clearing out houses for people about to leave and he's doing Bryan's house at the moment says he's off in jan
i feel sorry for bryan having to live in an empty house until january
what dose your mates dad do with all the stuff?
holding it until he moves apparantly

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 07, 2014, 07:32:42 AM
If Ruiz does leave it will leave a hole. David and Woodrow could easily slot in that role, but one has a bad attitude, and the other has falling out of favour. Hyndman I guess could be interesting, as he is one of the best passers at our club, and would add a bit of creative edge, but maybe not his preferred position.

I expect him to leave, and do wonder why he continues to play, unless Kit has a replacement lined up
I agree Hyndmann is a like for like replacement. This is his favoured position and has handled the physical side better, even as an 18 year old.I wold like to see Woodrow given more playing time as I believe we play better with him holding up the ball and bringing wider players into the game

fulhamben

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 07, 2014, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 07, 2014, 07:32:42 AM
If Ruiz does leave it will leave a hole. David and Woodrow could easily slot in that role, but one has a bad attitude, and the other has falling out of favour. Hyndman I guess could be interesting, as he is one of the best passers at our club, and would add a bit of creative edge, but maybe not his preferred position.

I expect him to leave, and do wonder why he continues to play, unless Kit has a replacement lined up
I agree Hyndmann is a like for like replacement. This is his favoured position and has handled the physical side better, even as an 18 year old.I wold like to see Woodrow given more playing time as I believe we play better with him holding up the ball and bringing wider players into the game
really? id push lvc up there before i would hyndman. cant remember him ever taking players on or having a shot

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: epsomraver on December 07, 2014, 12:59:16 PM
Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
News we all expected but a mate of mine has a dad in clearing out houses for people about to leave and he's doing Bryan's house at the moment says he's off in jan

Ruiz lives in an apartment according to a source close to the club and his paper bill is paid till after January, more pure tosh

Your right ER he does live in an apartment.
I know this for sure because my Uncles Sister in laws great aunts cousin on her Godparents
side have a son who delivers Domino Pizzas.
Brian ordered double anchovies on his Sat night, but when it was delivered
he refused to open the door, and was heard to be sobbing inside,"How dare that
Kit Symons substitute a superstar like me.
The Pizza was left on the doormat...... :005:

Jims Dentist

Agree with Reith L, would also like to see Ross Mc in the no 10 role. You would get at least the same amount of invention coupled with one hell of a lot more effort.
One area you would miss Ruiz, would be his height, particulrly defending set plays.
As a team, excluding Burn we struggle for height.

westcliff white

Your right it does, but if that heart beat is go long at every chance then players like LVC will not develop
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 02:24:26 PM

Yet another well reasoned thought out reply fp.gif

Tonywa

Should Bryan Ruiz leave the Cottage in January, how does everyone think it might work if Ross drops back into the Number 10 role just behind the strikers, leaving Hugo and Woodrow to form a partnership up front.  I'm sure McCormack has the skill and the nous for the role and could still be expected to chime in with a fair quota of goals from that position.  What do others think of the idea?

westcliff white

WM i agree we seem to have good ball players however we are not utilising them fully, when we have played well it has come because we have controlled the ball. Hugo (and I am not a fan) is certainly not a target man, he would want the ball in front to react too and finish.

LVC and SP look really good when we work the ball, not to use that hinders our performances for me, the long ball, or direct pass is a great option to have as a back up but for a team like us I do not thin it works as a plan A. people will say we have won games with it, but if we look at those games they were games where we actually got the ball down and played, not hoofing it forwad.

RaySmith

Just listening to a discussion on Talksport, initiated by Colin Murray about whether fans today go to games more to judge than to cheer the team on.

I think that's a valid point. As an older fan I see a lot of difference in younger fans - analaysing every aspect of each player's performance, and harshly judging the team if it comes up short in a game...

rather than someone like me, who  thinks it's my team, and i'll get behind the players, even though I'm aware they have faults, and may not be the greatest players.

For me, if a player seems weak in some way, I'll probably get behind him more, as long as he seems to be playing his best.

Not saying my view is right, maybe i'm too soft and old fashioned - but just remarking on what seems a big change in fans' attitudes.

westcliff white

Ray, I am 44 and I will take Hugo as an example, I am not a fan, far from it in fact, but when he has that shirt on I will support him 100% for the entire time he is on the pitch. With Ruiz I am a fan but he frustrates me a lot as he has not produced what I know he can, but again he gets 100% backing from me when he is on that pitch for us.

ron

I wonder if prescribing roles too tightly takes away fluidity from the play, and holding various diamond formations etc. takes focus away from watching the ball and the opponents?

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2014, 09:14:38 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 02:24:26 PM

Yet another well reasoned thought out reply fp.gif
so who pray tell is irreplaceable in our squad then? this isnt like the good old days, when you lost a saha and a dembele and you knew we would never get that quality back again easily. other than maybe lvc, and maybe hugo, who would we struggle to replace?

FFC1987

Why do players need to be loyal? Why does that even matter? They're paid to do a job, I don't blame players for leaving if they feel the club isn't going in the right direction for them. Players like Ruiz shouldn't be playing in the championship. if the argument that players should want to play for the club and that means loyalty points, then get rid of the current squad. Losing 5.0 in a gutless performance doesn't show me any passion for the shirt.

TonyGilroy

I assume that all players will play at the highest, best paid, level they can manage.

Ruiz will leave if he gets an attractive offer and we almost certainly need to get him off our pay roll.

filham

Now look, Ruiz is reportedly on a high salary and at he best has had a mediocre season so far in the championship so who on earth is going to pay us a fee and match his wages. I would think he will be with us until the end of the season and he will then spend a lot of time looking for a club that will be prepared to take him on a free transfer.