more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz leaving in Jan....merged threads

Started by jimmyc19, December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
News we all expected but a mate of mine has a dad in clearing out houses for people about to leave and he's doing Bryan's house at the moment says he's off in jan

Maybe he is moving to be closer to the ground?  :dft011:

TonyGilroy

Maybe the relegation pay cut was such that he's had to sell all his furniture.

J.Perkins

Ruiz is a quality player, but Symons is definitely accommodating him at the moment. We are playing very narrow, and its not helping the defence at all. One he has gone, I hope we start employing a 4-4-2 formation, with hopefully a recalled Kaca on one wing, and maybe Williams on the other. It means that the full backs won't have to bomb forward, and we hopefully ship less goals.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 07, 2014, 11:22:59 AM
I'd be interested to see Ross McCormack drop into the '#10' role, behind the front two and then put Matt Smith up top. His flick ons for Hugo running behind would be fun to watch

Matt Smith is awful.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

hovewhite

Ruiz has never come out and said he wants to leave.Also he has been loyal to the club no matter what and he was hurt being withdrawn on fri v watford,I BELIEVE he cares a lot and I felt when he went off we lost any chance of scoring and played into watfords hands,I'm lining myself up to be shot at,but THIS is my opinion.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on December 08, 2014, 02:38:00 PM
Ruiz has never come out and said he wants to leave.Also he has been loyal to the club no matter what and he was hurt being withdrawn on fri v watford,I BELIEVE he cares a lot and I felt when he went off we lost any chance of scoring and played into watfords hands,I'm lining myself up to be shot at,but THIS is my opinion.

I agree it was wrong to take him off and it killed off any chance of staying in the game. I also agree he showed great professionalism when he was taken off, he never moans but and it's a big but I'm a bit confused how ruiz has been loyal?

He's our longest serving player but that doesn't take much considering the recent clear out. He isn't here because he believes it's right to stay with Fulham,  he's here because no one rescued him in time.

I'm convinced your all using the wrong word. Just because he doesn't have a tantrum about leaving it doesn't make him loyal, just professional and respectful. There's a difference
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hovewhite

Dannyboi,I understand your opinion,and respect it.Its just mine is different to yours that doesn't mae me right or wrong and vica versa ,I just BELIEVE he's wants fulham to get back to the PL.I'm probably wrong but I like him as an effective player and contributes a lot in my opinion.

Shredhead

I think he's one of the best ball players  I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt (since the mid 70s) and will be sorry to see him go.
Plus... I'll have no-one to shout 'Pura Vida' at.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on December 08, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
Dannyboi,I understand your opinion,and respect it.Its just mine is different to yours that doesn't mae me right or wrong and vica versa ,I just BELIEVE he's wants fulham to get back to the PL.I'm probably wrong but I like him as an effective player and contributes a lot in my opinion.

Considering I agreed with half of your post I think the capital letters were a bit unnecessary.  I assumed you believed he was loyal because that's exactly what you said the first time.

I just think differently that's all.  I wonder how many capitals you would use if someone really disagreed with you? Some aren't so pleasant

I like ruiz by the way and if you reread what I put in the first place I wasn't hating on him at all. It's just common knowledge he doesn't really want to be here and if he genuinely cared about wanting Fulham in the premier league,  why did he run to Holland in January instead of helping us to stay there in the first place? Ruiz also admitted moments before signing for us that he didn't really want to come to fulham because he was holding out for someone better.

I still respect your opinion but there's just a couple of facts to back up my opinion. I don't just disagree for the fun of it

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

spikey norman

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 07, 2014, 06:34:54 AM
Werder Bremen...
One of the Sunday papers reports that Werder will offer £3.5 million for Ruiz in January but we want nearer £5 million.
The report also mentions that he is on £45,000 a week which maybe a stumbling block to a move

nose

if ruiz goes we will have 11 players on the pitch at last
ross, IMO should be pushed further forward to link more closely with the center forward. At the moment ross has to be far too deep just to make up for Ruiz's ineffectvity. the extra player will now contribute just behind them in a way that it isn't currently happening.

millsy

I agree with the last post. If we can get someone with the ability to hold the ball and then bring the two front men into play regularly, it will not only create more goal scoring opportunities but should also eradicate the current "hoof it" from the back mentality and play more to our best player's strengths i.e. Scott can just intercept/win the ball then pass it short, Hugo will have some balls on the floor to run on to, Ross won't have to play around the halfway line and down the wings in an effort to generate some action for us.  Can't wait!

FFC1987

Why does it matter if Ruiz is loyal again?

FPT

I don't think we'll stick to the diamond once Kit has the opportunity to build his own team. I think we'll progress into a 442 and the exit of Bryan Ruiz would only aid that. We're only playing a diamond because it suits our squad most, he's making the most with what he's got.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on December 08, 2014, 11:34:56 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2014, 09:14:38 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 02:24:26 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 07, 2014, 02:01:24 PM
Not bothered whether he stays or not, I don't think we will miss him at all.
we wouldnt miss any of our squad if they left

Yet another well reasoned thought out reply fp.gif
so who pray tell is irreplaceable in our squad then? this isnt like the good old days, when you lost a saha and a dembele and you knew we would never get that quality back again easily. other than maybe lvc, and maybe hugo, who would we struggle to replace?

Well Mc Cormack for one, George Williams for another, Pat Roberts for three, need I go on?

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 08, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on December 08, 2014, 03:09:19 PM

Considering I agreed with half of your post I think the capital letters were a bit unnecessary.  I assumed you believed he was loyal because that's exactly what you said the first time.

I just think differently that's all.  I wonder how many capitals you would use if someone really disagreed with you? Some aren't so pleasant

I like ruiz by the way and if you reread what I put in the first place I wasn't hating on him at all. It's just common knowledge he doesn't really want to be here and if he genuinely cared about wanting Fulham in the premier league,  why did he run to Holland in January instead of helping us to stay there in the first place? Ruiz also admitted moments before signing for us that he didn't really want to come to fulham because he was holding out for someone better.

I still respect your opinion but there's just a couple of facts to back up my opinion. I don't just disagree for the fun of it

Why is it common knowledge he wants to leave? his agent says so? wonder why he would do that? not anything to do with a big fat commission? Hugo wanted to go at the end of last season, nobody wanted him so he has stayed , nobody seems to doubt his sincerity now?

Baszab

At the risk of you lot taking the mickey, I have met Ruiz a few times and he is a bloody nice, unassuming bloke - just saying - look no further than Surbiton for his abode  !!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 08, 2014, 04:53:19 PM

I don't remember saying it mattered if he was loyal, I just think it degrades the meaning of the word to suggest that ruiz has been loyal to fulham.

I suppose in modern football just over 3 years deserves a medal but let's be fair we would've been lucky to get anywhere near what we paid for him at any stage over his time here. Other clubs refused to pay it and let's be honest, he has never come close to warranting his price tag or deadline day excitement.

Only now is he really in a position to leave and just like Hugo his deal fell through and no one else wanted him. He didn't choose to stay.

This year is the only one where he can genuinely say "I'm better than this" and surprise surprise he's linked with moves away. He's a very nice guy, I met him outside motspur and he got out of his car to take his picture with my daughter, I totally respect him as a person and he has behaved in a very good way unlike others in the past.

But that does not make him loyal, it makes him a good professional. I'm not bothered that he's not loyal, the debate started because someone said he is.  

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Ronnief

Pre season I was in Jenbac Austria to watch the match against Risapore.  At half time together with my son and grandson we went to the rear of the stand where those players not playing were practicing on the neighbouring pitch. Ruiz was sitting on his own at the side of the pitch looking rather forlorn as if no one was allowed to be with him.  He looked completely ostracized by Magath and I was completely surprised he stayed at the club.  His inclusion into the team by Kit has been vindicated by the results to date.  There have been exceptions such as last Friday.  I first thought then that Kit had made the right decision to sub Ruiz after the sending off, but in hindsight think he should have taken off Fofana.  Ruiz in my opinion needs to find another club as he is not a Championship type player and we need players who will fight hard to retain their place in the team.

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 08, 2014, 06:37:16 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 08, 2014, 04:53:19 PM

I don't remember saying it mattered if he was loyal, I just think it degrades the meaning of the word to suggest that ruiz has been loyal to fulham.

I suppose in modern football just over 3 years deserves a medal but let's be fair we would've been lucky to get anywhere near what we paid for him at any stage over his time here. Other clubs refused to pay it and let's be honest, he has never come close to warranting his price tag or deadline day excitement.

Only now is he really in a position to leave and just like Hugo his deal fell through and no one else wanted him. He didn't choose to stay.

This year is the only one where he can genuinely say "I'm better than this" and surprise surprise he's linked with moves away. He's a very nice guy, I met him outside motspur and he got out of his car to take his picture with my daughter, I totally respect him as a person and he has behaved in a very good way unlike others in the past.

But that does not make him loyal, it makes him a good professional. I'm not bothered that he's not loyal, the debate started because someone said he is. 

The post wasn't directed at only you, a quick read just made me wonder why people think he needs to be loyal. The word loyal kept coming up, he acts professionally, he's been good to the fans and probably feels the championship isn't for him so I couldn't blame him for wanting out. I don't think ill ever understand the  need for loyalty in football when its designed to be a mercenaries game.