more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Someone buy this sodding train ticket to Leeds...£20

Started by patfulham1987, December 11, 2014, 08:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 25, 2014, 03:06:36 PM
...has anyone got a ticket to Mornington Crescent..?

ok I will start - we'll be using the full board and second edition revises rules (I can't be doing with blocking on lateral pathways, makes everything too hard).

Everyone participating has to explain where they've gone from, where they're going to and the reasoning behind their move (there might be people playing who are unfamiliar with the rules so giving them an insight into strategies more experienced players use is only fair).

Right, my start position. I'm going to pick Tottenham court road - whilst it's arguably one of the most exposed positions on the board I think that gives it a lot of strength too as your range is consequently larger.

Anyone else going to play? :)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

LBNo11

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 26, 2014, 08:45:33 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 25, 2014, 03:06:36 PM
...has anyone got a ticket to Mornington Crescent..?

ok I will start - we'll be using the full board and second edition revises rules (I can't be doing with blocking on lateral pathways, makes everything too hard).

Everyone participating has to explain where they've gone from, where they're going to and the reasoning behind their move (there might be people playing who are unfamiliar with the rules so giving them an insight into strategies more experienced players use is only fair).

Right, my start position. I'm going to pick Tottenham court road - whilst it's arguably one of the most exposed positions on the board I think that gives it a lot of strength too as your range is consequently larger.

Anyone else going to play? :)

...I've been in Nidd since the last time this was played on here, apparently all I had to do to get out of Nidd was to throw a seven with the one die, which in all these years has worn down into a ball trying. Can I use the "Mullery Is God" protocol to start, I accept this will take me back to Wimbledon..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Holders

Only if you've previously declared "E for B and Stevie Earle" whilst on the District Line.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

I'll throw out a modified McGath Defense opening with Swiss Cottage.

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Holders

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 26, 2014, 12:50:08 PM
I'll throw out a modified McGath Defense opening with Swiss Cottage.

That won't help you, it's as full of holes as Swiss Cheese

Ichabod Magoo

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2014, 06:27:51 PM
I can't remember, as suddenly all I heard was a loud bang and it all went dark.

Oh, the light bulb blew.

Logicalman

Ah, Russian by Candlelight, very romantic. Be careful of the grassy knoll when you go to see Reggie though!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Ichabod Magoo

Don't be Russian to catch the train.  You don't want to cause an accident.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

sunburywhite

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Holders

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Is that the dawning of the age of Aquarius?

No, that's when the Sun is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

TheDaddy

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2014, 04:18:56 PM
Do you mean is the ticket to watch Aquarius the Stage Musical next season.
Its been watered down .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2014, 04:25:09 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 28, 2014, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on December 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Is that the dawning of the age of Aquarius?

No, that's when the Sun is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Yes but what is the connection between the Sun Newspaper and a Mars Bar, with The Planet Jupiter. ?

A coupon for free confectionery on Tuesday.

LBNo11

...has this thread become about word association - football..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

I've got an annual travel card from Esher if that's of use to anyone  :dft011:

sunburywhite

Quote from: Burt on December 28, 2014, 06:19:59 PM
I've got an annual travel card from Esher if that's of use to anyone  :dft011:

I went to Surbiton Grammar which was in Thames Ditton so quite often got the train from Esher

Ichabod Magoo

But if the headmaster keeps you after school for punishment, you'll miss the train and have to hitchhike and a lorry will offer a lift and you could eventually find yourself in Wales no longer in possession of the annual travel card which the lorry driver pilfered from your pocket.