Someone buy this sodding train ticket to Leeds...£20

Started by patfulham1987, December 11, 2014, 08:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2014, 04:57:53 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 24, 2014, 04:46:54 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on December 24, 2014, 02:43:26 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 24, 2014, 06:33:55 AM
They say the pen is mightier than the sword, but you cannot write with a broken arm.

You can if the arm you break is the one you don't use for writing

But he is the one armed man from the fugitive that Richard Kimble is looking for.

Did you have any luck finding the one armed man ?
Turned out he was a one armed bandit.....and is still on the run, possibly driving to Wales in a lorry and in possession of an annual rail card......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2014, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 28, 2014, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2014, 04:25:09 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 28, 2014, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on December 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Is that the dawning of the age of Aquarius?

No, that's when the Sun is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Yes but what is the connection between the Sun Newspaper and a Mars Bar, with The Planet Jupiter. ?

A coupon for free confectionery on Tuesday.
A coupon ? That reminds me to complete my Football Pools, as I feel 8 Draws coming on.

You're having us on, how can you wear 8 draws at the same time? Unless they're those silky ones I guess.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 29, 2014, 04:46:18 AM
But if the headmaster keeps you after school for punishment, you'll miss the train and have to hitchhike and a lorry will offer a lift and you could eventually find yourself in Wales no longer in possession of the annual travel card which the lorry driver pilfered from your pocket.

.. and then you find yourself strangely attracted to sheep!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Just arrived at Craven Cottage and it's a Full Moon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2014, 03:08:11 PM
So we are looking for a one armed man, with a Tattoo of an Anchor on his right arm, in possession of an Annual Rail Ticket, wearing eight pairs of draws, who has an obsession with Sheep, who is being hunted by Richard Kimble, and last seen hitchiking towards Wales, where the local Cinema is showing The Fugitive, or did you mean last seen heading towards a Whale. In which case Greenpeace will have to be notified, as Whales are a protected species.

So that means he has lost his left arm

Did he lose his wrist watch as well?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2014, 03:55:00 PM
So we are looking for a one armed man, with a Tattoo of an Anchor on his right arm, in possession of an Annual Rail Ticket, wearing eight pairs of draws, who has an obsession with Sheep, who is being hunted by Richard Kimble, and last seen hitchiking towards Wales, where the local Cinema is showing The Fugitive, or did you mean last seen heading towards a Whale. In which case Greenpeace will have to be notified, as Whales are a protected species.

The last bloke who took on a Whale single handed was Captain Ahab in the film Moby Dick, and he had a Peg Leg. Or maybe the one armed man thinks the patron saint of Wales is Moby Dick.   

I thought that was Jonah! So who sits in sackcloth and ashes then?

grimmynz

Sunbury, when I went to Surbiton Grammar from Esher station it was in Surbiton (the school, not Esher station!).
When the school moved to Thames Ditton wouldn't you have been better off catching the 206 bus?

Logicalman

My school moved to bloody Hertfordshire after I left. I guess it was their way of stopping me coming back for reunions.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 29, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

So that means he has lost his left arm

Did he lose his wrist watch as well?

He cut off his left arm himself, so he could sail round the world single handed.
As for his wristwatch, he hasn't got time for that anymore.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Logicalman on December 29, 2014, 07:01:29 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2014, 03:55:00 PM

The last bloke who took on a Whale single handed was Captain Ahab in the film Moby Dick, and he had a Peg Leg. Or maybe the one armed man thinks the patron saint of Wales is Moby Dick.   

I thought that was Jonah! So who sits in sackcloth and ashes then?

Rumour has it that Jonah got the sack for watching the Ashes Cricket at the Oval, and left the cloth inside the Whale.

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Are you enjoying your conversation with yourself, Mr Woolly?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Burt on December 30, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Are you enjoying your conversation with yourself, Mr Woolly?

Hello hello, is there anybody out there ?
Apart from the bloke we are looking for.

Never forget your Roots.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2014, 04:32:30 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 29, 2014, 01:12:09 PM
They say the pen is mightier than the sword, but you cannot write with a broken arm.

But he is the one armed man from the fugitive that Richard Kimble is looking for.

Turned out he was a one armed bandit.....and is still on the run, possibly driving to Wales in a lorry and in possession of an annual rail card......

Apparently he is not the bloke we are looking for, as he hasn't got a Tattoo of an Anchor on his right arm,
Think I just seen him getting off at Leeds arguing about an annual rail pass to Surbiton with the guard. Thought there might be trouble but he turned out to be 'armless.....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Logicalman

I'm sorry, this thread is getting slightly silly, and not a mention of Fulham for ages!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 30, 2014, 06:06:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2014, 04:32:30 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 29, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Apparently he is not the bloke we are looking for, as he hasn't got a Tattoo of an Anchor on his right arm,
Think I just seen him getting off at Leeds arguing about an annual rail pass to Surbiton with the guard. Thought there might be trouble but he turned out to be 'armless.....

So the guard didn't have a leg to stand on

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Ok Logicalman, we note your comments, and fully understand, and will draw a line under it. Call it a day, Knock it on the head, and give it a rest, and look forward to Fulham FC prospering in 2015. Happy New Year.

Never forget your Roots.