more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow dive

Started by ffcthereligion, December 20, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: KCat on December 21, 2014, 08:37:34 AM
Why would you assume  that the lad went down  ????
Westwood got Woodrow which was why no  cards were shown  and the ref gave a goal kick.

As you are incorrect ,      .......   . Can you please change the title of this thread 

Not seen the incident yet, but if the red thought Westwood got Woodrow surely it's a pen, if he didn't surely he has to think dive.

Waiting for full hilights so I can see myself
Every day is a Fulham day

Mokes

If anyone wants to see it the full match replay is up go to 1hr 27mins and 30 seconds.

For me that's a penalty purely from the keepers reaction, he gets up screaming at his defenders not even bothering to look at the ref. He thought he was off for all money and couldn't believe it when the ref did nothing. The ref obviously had no idea and didn't want to take a chance either way which is really poor from him.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 21, 2014, 01:49:23 PM
Until Ive seen a replay showing clear contact Im standing by my opinion that there was minimal contact and that he went down looking for a penalty taking the easy option. If it was as clear cut as some are suggesting then there would be no debate there is no smoke without fire. I also think that for some the Fulham shirt is clouding their evaluation. I know for a fact that had a Sheffield Wednesday player gone down like that in front of the Hammersmith end 4000 people behind the goal would have absolutely pelted the player with abuse. From H6 it looked soft at best and I dont want to see that from our younger players especially.

Who knows I may see a replay and completely change my mind on the matter! I do hope this happens.

As you are  clearly incorrect and you have maligned the character  of one of our young players
please change the title of this thread.  Better still  perhaps one of our Mods can change it to:
Cauley was Robbed

SouthfieldWhite

I've always believed that you back and stick up for one of your own, whichCauley is, so although I still think it was a pen,
I still find  it hard that our own fans will basically all him a cheat with no real  hard evidence.

Insure even tv replays won't be conclusive so I'm sticking up for Cauley and saying it was a pen

Nick Bateman

I saw the incident on TV yesterday and it was NO DIVE and a genuine penalty.  If I saw the opposite I would condemn any Fulham player, but it was not the case which really relieved me.  Fulham do not play like Chelsea who try to win at all costs!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Wimbledon_White

I thought it was a dive from H2

copthornemike

Clear view from H2 and Westwood definitely caught Woodrow before the ball. However I would blame the linesman who had a clear view - unlike the ref who was behind the play. Also the same linesman should have clearly seen that Staph's tackle was not only not a foul but was a beauty!

Nero

No Dive, Ref saw it as keeper got a touch on the ball before taking out Woodrow, Im not so sure he got a touch

SadOldGit

Sure it wasn't a dive, but not really a pen either.  I think the (very poor) ref was trying to make up for not giving a pen when their goalie tripped us up earlier

FFCpmd

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere (?) but how can any referee miss such a stone wall penalty? I admire Cauley's restraint - I thought the officials last year were bad, but this lot..... 

VicHalomsLovechild

It has "Woodrow dive" four pages of it!

epsomraver

sat in JH b block row b  near  the front, nearly in line  cast iron penalty for me,as did all around think so,  Ruiz picked the ball up to take the penalty and the goalie's only reaction was to shout at his defenders , not at the ref or Woodrow, he got away with it and he knew it, poor sportsman when he went to Woodrow as he was waiting to take the next one, should have had a yellow for that.