watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get real and grow up

Started by Baszab, December 26, 2014, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

No team wins every game - not with this mismatched squad of juniors for certain that Magath left us with

Just be thankful we hopefully won't be in a relegation battle

Be thankful we are being managed by a young, enthusiastic and good man-manager

Surely we have all written off this season by now and are just looking to steady the ship for next year

I am quite sure that the owner, manager and board are all too well aware of the problems in the squad - KS knows them all and is putting together the best we have - all this rubbish about the tactics we should have played is errant nonsense - he is getting the absolute best possible out of what we have at the moment

Be realistic

Mince n Tatties

:
Quote from: Baszab on December 26, 2014, 08:26:33 PM
No team wins every game - not with this mismatched squad of juniors for certain that Magath left us with

Just be thankful we hopefully won't be in a relegation battle

Be thankful we are being managed by a young, enthusiastic and good man-manager

Surely we have all written off this season by now and are just looking to steady the ship for next year

I am quite sure that the owner, manager and board are all too well aware of the problems in the squad - KS knows them all and is putting together the best we have - all this rubbish about the tactics we should have played is errant nonsense - he is getting the absolute best possible out of what we have at the moment

Be realistic

He obv didnt get the best out of them today ... :005:

Andy S

I feel really sorry for Bournemouth because they are not even very good. They are good at what they do but should they get promoted they will have just one season in the top flight. They could well be relegated with less points than any club previously relegated. The Reason being is their Stadium holds a maximum 10,000. That is very sad. It means that they will have no money to spend. So good luck to them this season

nose

I agree with the OP I feel sure kit knows almost totally that his squad is short of the requisite quality and is a bit unbalanced. However the continual playing of a liability when there others that would at least put in more obvious effort would be a step in the right directon. The last three games I have seen the man who reputedly had a good world cup, were so poor that he wouldn't make the conference. jis ledgendary ability is certainly well hidden because he never displays it for us... so effectively we only play with 10// actually it's worse than that because a body might give a false appearance of being involved in the game which the man in question isn;t.

It is the tragedy of the season is that as we have improived as team the gentlemen who reputedly had the good world cup, has not, if anything he is more lamentable now than before because he doesn't even seem to pretend to try.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on December 26, 2014, 08:37:30 PM
I feel really sorry for Bournemouth because they are not even very good. They are good at what they do but should they get promoted they will have just one season in the top flight. They could well be relegated with less points than any club previously relegated. The Reason being is their Stadium holds a maximum 10,000. That is very sad. It means that they will have no money to spend. So good luck to them this season

They are top on merit and if they are promoted they have earnt that right just like everyone else. They most likely would go back down straight away but how incredible it will be for their fans to experience it for just one year.

I'd rather a club live a disbelieving dream like we did in Europe than a club like Leeds take their "rightful' place back amongst the others on their pedestal.

Good luck to them, they deserve it. Probably the smallest club ever to make it if they do
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Travers Barney

Quote from: nose on December 26, 2014, 09:48:59 PM
I agree with the OP I feel sure kit knows almost totally that his squad is short of the requisite quality and is a bit unbalanced. However the continual playing of a liability when there others that would at least put in more obvious effort would be a step in the right directon. The last three games I have seen the man who reputedly had a good world cup, were so poor that he wouldn't make the conference. jis ledgendary ability is certainly well hidden because he never displays it for us... so effectively we only play with 10// actually it's worse than that because a body might give a false appearance of being involved in the game which the man in question isn;t.

It is the tragedy of the season is that as we have improived as team the gentlemen who reputedly had the good world cup, has not, if anything he is more lamentable now than before because he doesn't even seem to pretend to try.

Not there today so cannot comment about his performance but I thought Bryan played ok at Elland Road and really well against Wednesday....was he that poor today??..

coyw
We are the whites

Luka

Quote from: Travers Barney on December 26, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

Not there today so cannot comment about his performance but I thought Bryan played ok at Elland Road and really well against Wednesday....was he that poor today??..

coyw
No he wasn't that poor and we looked less effective when he was substituted. He put a shift in again today, just a shame he never got a foot on Staff's cross early doors in the second half. It might have changed the game.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Luka on December 26, 2014, 10:14:22 PM

coyw
No he wasn't that poor and we looked less effective when he was substituted. He put a shift in again today, just a shame he never got a foot on Staff's cross early doors in the second half. It might have changed the game.
Thanks Luka...concurs with the other feedback I have had....he'd always be in my team.

coyw
We are the whites

Luka

Quote from: Travers Barney on December 26, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

coyw
Thanks Luka...concurs with the other feedback I have had....he'd always be in my team.

coyw
No problem and as always football is all about opinions.
Just a shame that many jump on the band wagon and slag the ruiz off.

He got subbed for Williams who was his usual unconvincing self.
(just my opinion of course !!).

MJG

Quote from: Luka on December 26, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

coyw

coyw

When is a band wagon just someone's opinion?  Second person I have seen have a go about Williams,  did you just flag the wagon down?

callumc513

Stuff like this is just getting boring..

Ordar

What Bournemouth have is a fantastic young manager. Their team is better than the sum of their parts. They by no means have the best players in the division, but they are set up to play to their strengths and tactically nullify the opposition.

Arthur

This seems to be your mantra and yet it has rather a hollow ring: our two centre-backs, our centre midfield pairing and our two strikers today were all experienced players (and our left-back has 60-odd appearances under his belt, so he's not exactly wet behind the ears.)

No, I hadn't written off this season (with good reason).

Before today, we had amassed 27 points from our previous 14 matches. Before today, with 24 games left, a further 47 points would give us a total that has been enough to qualify for the play-offs in each of the past five seasons.

all this rubbish about the tactics we should have played is errant nonsense...

Is it?

Eddie Howe seemed to have done his homework. Just like Watford a few weeks ago, his team played at a high tempo from the first whistle, and just like the Watford game, we weren't prepared for it. Bournemouth fashioned three decent chances even before they scored. They produced 10 minutes of power-play and we were simply swept aside.

- he is getting the absolute best possible out of what we have at the moment

Maybe.

It is worth remembering, however, that we had the chance to appoint Chris Hughton, an experienced manager whose record suggests that we might have given Bournemouth more of a test than we did today.

Be realistic

Indeed!

leonffc

Quote from: Luka on December 26, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

coyw

coyw

I though Ruiz played well today but still wish he'd put his foot in where it hurts sometimes. He does the running and gets into shape but then let's players glide past him. Anyway, that's enough negativity, he had a good game IMO.

As for Williams, he was maybe quiet (unconvincing) when he came on to the right side but then that was the other side of the pitch to us.
I thought he looked lively when he switched to the left. Possibly unlucky with the penalty claim, I need to see it again but he drove into the box well

Baszab

Arthur thank you for a reasoned dissection of my post.
I just feel that we are all being too greedy given the mess we were in after 8 games

Mince n Tatties

Deano...Everytime I mention Smith you bring Trotta into the topic.
Totally different player to Smith, if you read what I say im not on about
Smith starting im on about him coming on last 20 or so
when we are 1-0 down....
Trotta is struggling at Barnsley, That was Smiths first full start today.
I think you have got in your head that I think Smith is Messi or something
lol...I know his limitations, but like ive said again and again lumping to him
last part of game gives us another option, and a chance to maybe get a point
out od the game.
Dont worry I want mention Smith again as you obv cant stand
the poor lad for some reason.

Deanothefulhamfan

I bring Trotta into the topic as they are identical.... Trotta is a lazy forward, who is useful as a target man. Exactly what Smith is. Although I think Trotta is better with the ball at his feet and is more clinical.

I don't hate Smith, but I really don't rate him highly and certainly my think he is no better than Trotta.  My response to you was a bit of light hearted fun, and a little bit of banter because as you say I have always mentioned Trotta when you talk about Smith.

The fact is they are both level pegging on the goals front, both are struggling for minutes, although Smith is in a good team, and Trotta is in a bad team. My point I was actually making, is neither are actually probably good enough for Fulham

I don't want you to stop talking about Smith, but I will keep popping my head in with the Trotta and Smith goal count for their respective loan clubs. ;) Please don't take it personally though, it is just a bit of fun .....

Mince n Tatties

How many goals they score for the clubs they are at now is totally
Irrelevant...Its what they would do for us for last 15 mins that matters, and
Trotta who cant hold a candle to Smith in the heading department wouldnt be
an option..
Trotta hasnt hacked it here with how many managers?
Will end up at somewhere like Forest Green Rovers..
And im not taking it personally, im too thick skinned (like a crocodile) lol

colinwhite

Good response Aurthur, but Chris Hughton ? Im gald we didn't take that route, he learnt a lot of his trade from Martin Jol !

nose

Quote from: Baszab on December 27, 2014, 07:54:22 AM
Arthur thank you for a reasoned dissection of my post.
I just feel that we are all being too greedy given the mess we were in after 8 games

the truth is kit has inherited a squad that is lacking, no more no less. and as an overall thing he has done as well, probably better, than he should have. of course there will be blips and of course all of us will not agree with all his descisions, even he will know he has made errors, but from where we were and where we are it bordering on a miracle.

i suspect if we can get the right players this window we could kick on but i am not expecting that. my hopes are more realistically pinned on next season!