News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Window (2015)

Started by Admin, January 01, 2015, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: supersimmo123 on January 02, 2015, 01:58:14 PM
I think the answer to our Midfield issues is Chris David. We should play (If all fully fit and Ruiz has gone) imo:

Bettinelli

Hoogland     Bodurov    Hutch    Staf

Tunicliffe   Parker

McCormack            David           Kacaniklic

Hugo

No LVC??? He's be our star in recent times!!

Admin

Nottingham Forest's Greg Halford has rejoined Brighton & Hove Albion on an emergency loan, the Championship Club confirmed today.

J

Quote from: Reznor on January 02, 2015, 12:29:51 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 01, 2015, 05:45:00 PM
We don´t want Championship players that can´t get in their own sides. We don´t want players over 30. We don´t want Prem clubs kids. We do want players that will be a vast improvement on what we have.

Spot on grandad, we need players that are of a decent quality and who know this division. Won't be easy persuading those to come to us but who knows?

I actually think we would benefit from signing 1 or so old player - only if the right person is available, but someone who is a good professional, has been around the block and would be happy spending a lot of the time on the bench... but still has the class to come on for 20/30 min and help control a game and settle it down when we are in a leading position. Additionally hopefully being a good influence on the youngsters off the pitch, in training and in the dressing room etc.

Not sure that kind of person will be available in Jan unless someone in the premier league are looking to get rid, and this wouldn't actually improve our starting 11, but could be useful nevertheless.

Craven Mad

My Silly Season (but attempting to be somewhat realistic) wish-list:

IN
GK - Stek (return from loan)
CB - Lewis Dunk
RB - James Tavernier
LB - Tyrone Mings
CM/CAM - Powell
RM/RW - Matt Ritchie

OUT [Would like to go]
Fazilic
Fotheringham
Zverotic
Roberts (loan)
Dembele (loan)
Eisfeld (loan)
Burgess (loan)
Casasola (loan)

OUT [extras I think could go but don't necessarily want to]
David
Ruiz
Voser
Chihi

MJG

kit said in his press conference no more (season long) loans will be coming back

Craven Mad

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2015, 03:01:55 PM
kit said in his press conference no more (season long) loans will be coming back

I'm not wholly surprised but I think we need another keeper, without automatically dislodging Bettinelli (more a challenger than a replacement/No2). Hopefully Kit feels the same..

MJG

I expect A deal to be done for Stek and another older keeper to come in as back up.

Mokes

Quote from: supersimmo123 on January 02, 2015, 01:58:14 PM
I think the answer to our Midfield issues is Chris David. We should play (If all fully fit and Ruiz has gone) imo:

Bettinelli

Hoogland     Bodurov    Hutch    Staf

Tunicliffe   Parker

McCormack            David           Kacaniklic

Hugo

McCormack in the centre where you have David, and LVC on the right is not a bad side, but I still expect us to strengthen it in the next month

Lighthouse

Halford has gone to Brighton while Bent is on his way to Derby.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2015, 03:01:55 PM
I missed him saying that, hopefully we sign some one to put pressure on Hugo, and to help strengthen the back line
Every day is a Fulham day

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on January 02, 2015, 02:54:14 PM
My Silly Season (but attempting to be somewhat realistic) wish-list:

IN
GK - Stek (return from loan)
CB - Lewis Dunk
RB - James Tavernier
LB - Tyrone Mings
CM/CAM - Powell
RM/RW - Matt Ritchie

OUT [Would like to go]
Fazilic
Fotheringham
Zverotic
Roberts (loan)
Dembele (loan)
Eisfeld (loan)
Burgess (loan)
Casasola (loan)

OUT [extras I think could go but don't necessarily want to]
David
Ruiz
Voser
Chihi

Sorry Craven, why would you want Stek back?
To sell?
As backup to Betts?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Craven Mad

As mentioned after, we're sorely lacking in quality GKs and we could do a lot worse than Stek as a backup/challenger to Betinelli. He wouldn't be my first choice but, for the money, we won't get a better keeper in the Championship and he's already on our books.

The prospect of getting a former WC finalist to be (at worst) our backup keeper in the Championship - even if he was a tad shaky behind our terrible relegation-season defence - surely wouldn't be a bad thing..

Either way - as MJG pointed out - Kit has effectively ruled it out.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2015, 04:16:11 PM
Halford has gone to Brighton while Bent is on his way to Derby.

So Bent has another chance to score against us, great....
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Jonaldiniho 88

Just sign Maloney and our transfer window has been a success. Sorry to sound like a broken record but can't see a side resigned to mid table for at least another two windows attracting anything but youth or retirement material. Although I think shelvey is a thug wouldn't mind him either. Abuse begin

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 03, 2015, 01:50:40 AM
Just sign Maloney and our transfer window has been a success. Sorry to sound like a broken record but can't see a side resigned to mid table for at least another two windows attracting anything but youth or retirement material. Although I think shelvey is a thug wouldn't mind him either. Abuse begin

Shelvey isn't the worst shout, he is like a Kasami on roids that scores more screamers. Would be an interesting upgrade on Ruiz, if/when he departs. Don't think he would drop down though.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

JackyFulham90

What about 2 loan players that could make a difference for us?

Nathan Ake
Dwight Gayle

Deanothefulhamfan

Chalobah is at Boro I believe.... But would have been an incredible signing if we had got him.

My random shout outs for players I would like us to approach are..

Jon Flanagan and Scott Sinclair ....

I would rather we stuck with Kiraly than bring Stek back..... That's how despetate I am for him never to put on Fulham shirt on again

Craven Mad

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 03, 2015, 10:26:04 AM
Chalobah is at Boro I believe.... But would have been an incredible signing if we had got him.

My random shout outs for players I would like us to approach are..

Jon Flanagan and Scott Sinclair ....

I would rather we stuck with Kiraly than bring Stek back..... That's how despetate I am for him never to put on Fulham shirt on again

Chalobah was at Middlesborough last season, and was fantastic. This year he's been at Burnley, but has just been returned due to "lack of progression"... Maybe not ready for the prem. Still, very tidy in the Championship and the sort of player who could help our midfield structure and balance. I wouldn't say no.

Flanagan was badly injured a while back and I think still recovering.

Sinclair isn't a bad shout, but I expect a) his wages will be enormous (relatively speaking), b) he'll probably be courted by lower prem teams before considering a lower league - I'd expect him in a Hull/Stoke shirt before ours..

Deanothefulhamfan

Oh interesting about Chalobah. He was the player I was desperate for us to get our hands on in the summer, would be a welcome addition if we were to get him.

Flanagan was injured, but I thought I read he is back now, would be excellent in our defence and would be an upgrade on staf.

I like your suggestion, but are they not more Signings as appose to loan deals..... I would actually rather us stay away from loan signgings unless there was an option to buy, but it is very often the case these days, and I think I would rather just stabilise before using the funds in the summer.