News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Window (2015)

Started by Admin, January 01, 2015, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Millwall and Fulham join Brighton in race to sign Nottingham Forest outcast Greg Halford as Stuart Pearce looks to shuffle his pack

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Millwall-Fulham-join-Brighton-race-sign/story-25793308-detail/story.html#ixzz3NaOSbhbi

Nottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce's hopes of making more room in his Nottingham Forest squad for new additions have been boosted, with more Championship clubs understood to be showing an interest in Greg Halford.

The Reds boss is keen to move on some of his fringe players, now that the club are preparing for a future working under a Financial Fair Play transfer embargo.

Halford has recently been on loan with Brighton – who are keen to take the versatile performer on a more permanent basis.

While Fulham and Millwall are also now said to be keen on the player, who turned 30 during his loan spell on the south coast.

Forest are keen to usher him out of the exit at the City Ground, with Pearce limited to working with a squad of 24 'established' senior professionals, which Halford would count towards, were he to remain at the club beyond January.

Forest will be encouraged that there is fresh interest in the player, not just from Brighton, but from several other Championship clubs.

Halford is out of contract in the summer and Forest would be happy for him to leave the club on a free transfer or on a long term loan deal.

The much travelled defender, midfielder or forward, had impressed at centre-half during Albion's recent three-match unbeaten league run, culminating in Monday's 2-0 win at Fulham under caretaker Nathan Jones.

He started for games for Brighton, while making a further two substitute appearances.

Halford was one of several players told by Pearce that they were free to find new clubs, shortly after his arrival as manager back in the summer.

If Halford were to move on, Forest would only be able to replace him with a free transfer or loan signing, earning no more than £10k a week - but it would still give Pearce the opportunity to shuffle his pack during the January window.

Admin

29 Dec 2014 11:35:20
Fulham are trying all they can to persuade Ondrej Duda to join the club next month & are hoping a pay increase and the lure of London will be enough to do so. Sure would be impressive business by the whites

BillyBob86

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/fulham-rumours.php

Admin

31 Dec 2014 17:20:48
With Rigg now onboard expect a lot of activity at FULHAM this month - upto 8 could go (including loan exits) & 6 could arrive

BillyBob86

Admin

24 Dec 2014 23:34:34
Nathan Ake of Chelsea is on the verge of joining Fulham on loan

BillyBob86

Andyb

That billybob guy is awful! He makes up the rumours himself!

Admin

Deanothefulhamfan

If there was ever a player to make our defence slower it would be Halford.... Interesting about the movements at Fulham though. I think we could be quite busy....

hovewhite

082.gif, 079.gifAlways good for a laugh this thread.

grandad

We don´t want Championship players that can´t get in their own sides. We don´t want players over 30. We don´t want Prem clubs kids. We do want players that will be a vast improvement on what we have.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Can we sign Remy? Surely he's bored at the scum. Can dream can't we.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Admin on January 01, 2015, 04:03:23 PM
Fulham are trying all they can to persuade Ondrej Duda to join the club next month & are hoping a pay increase and the lure of London will be enough to do so. Sure would be impressive business by the whites

BillyBob86

I looked him up on Wiki. He is listed at 6 foot and 141 pounds (64k). If he stood sideways and stuck out his tongue, he'd look like a zipper. But, being 20 he'll likely gain some weight as he matures.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Berserker

My husband used to look like that at 20, couldn't play football though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cmg

sunburywhite

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 01, 2015, 07:29:51 PM
Quote from: Admin on January 01, 2015, 04:03:23 PM

BillyBob86

I looked him up on Wiki. He is listed at 6 foot and 141 pounds (64k). If he stood sideways and stuck out his tongue, he'd look like a zipper. But, being 20 he'll likely gain some weight as he matures.

Is Billybob on Wiki then?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andyb

He's on a site called football rumours and always claims he has inside knowledge about fulham transfers lol

Reznor

Quote from: grandad on January 01, 2015, 05:45:00 PM
We don´t want Championship players that can´t get in their own sides. We don´t want players over 30. We don´t want Prem clubs kids. We do want players that will be a vast improvement on what we have.

Spot on grandad, we need players that are of a decent quality and who know this division. Won't be easy persuading those to come to us but who knows?

westcliff white

If we were to sign a central midfielder, I would not mind having a look at Nick Powell from Man Utd, always struck me as a decent player. Having said that with Tuni and Kaka back it would seem we are OK in that area of the pitch
Every day is a Fulham day

supersimmo123

I think the answer to our Midfield issues is Chris David. We should play (If all fully fit and Ruiz has gone) imo:

Bettinelli

Hoogland     Bodurov    Hutch    Staf

Tunicliffe   Parker

McCormack            David           Kacaniklic

Hugo

Craven Mad

Quote from: westcliff white on January 02, 2015, 01:54:56 PM
If we were to sign a central midfielder, I would not mind having a look at Nick Powell from Man Utd, always struck me as a decent player.

He's just been returned from a loan spell at Leicester and is said to be expecting a Championship move.

I'd take Powell here in an instant, particularly if Bryan goes. I think he'd be worth trying to buy; proven in the Championship, young, would be an improvement on what we have.

Plus, now Tunni's back there'd be a link into the team as I imagine they played together for Utd youth, back in the day.