News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Window (2015)

Started by Admin, January 01, 2015, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andyb on January 01, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
That billybob guy is awful! He makes up the rumours himself!

He was on there yesterday again (Rumours Page).
Stating Nathan Aka nearly done deal, club in Poland this weekend Ondej Duda.
And were getting 2 Swansea Players..If you look back at some of his other
Predictions quite funny..

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Malky Mackay stating that 5 clubs interested in Shaun Maloney who is out of contract
in Summer, one official bid so far.
Would love it if it is us whose as bid for him, think he suits us really well.

brixology

This thread should never, ever fall off the first page on January 5th. 

I heard we were looking at Carlton Cole.  So NOW, Don, it is an official transfer window.  I also heard that we were going to recall Larnell Cole from his loan out as a Fed Ex driver.  These rumors come from an unimpeachable source.  Quibble not. 

horse1031

Captain Fulhamerica

Would love to have Maloney.  We need more width in the team and he has a lot of experience at this level.  Not too excited by loan deals.  I think we have young players of our own to develop.  We don't need to be blooding Chelski youth players. 

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJs Statue on January 05, 2015, 05:20:48 PM
Would love to have Maloney.  We need more width in the team and he has a lot of experience at this level.  Not too excited by loan deals.  I think we have young players of our own to develop.  We don't need to be blooding Chelski youth players. 

I'd agree with the interest in developing our own players over those of other teams as a rule. However, if Kit and his staff are seeing enough of our youth players to determine that they are not ready to meet the needs of the team in this season, then I have no problem bringing in a Fofana over one of our own if it fits within our footballing and financial aims.

Like you, I won't be too excited by a loan (unless it's loan w option) but, I won't look down my nose at it either.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Have to say that I'm disappointed that we, seemingly, don't have more rumors floating around at the moment.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

horse1031

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 05, 2015, 05:33:28 PM
Have to say that I'm disappointed that we, seemingly, don't have more rumors floating around at the moment.

I think there are less rumors floating around for the sheer fact that we are now in the Championship instead of the Premier League and here is less media dedicated to that.

Mince n Tatties

Go on Football League Transfer Rumours on Net.
Some crackers on there, they have Kaca joining Burnley, its mostly
fans making them up, but some have actually happened.

Admin

Fulham are favourites with BetVictor to land influential Bournemouth winger Matt Ritchie this January despite the two sides' contrasting fortunes.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/06/sp-championship-rival-21-bookies-favourite-to-sign-bournemouth-t/

According to the bookmaker, Fulham are 2/1 to land the 25-year-old as Derby County and Crystal Palace complete the top three in the market, both priced at a fairly long 12/1.

Just before the January transfer window opened, Fulham manager Kit Symons responded to links between his side and Ritchie by insisting that as far as he knew there was nothing in them. However, he did concede that the winger was an excellent player and that he expected teams to show interested.

"No, not as far as I know,'' Symons was quoted as saying in the Bournemouth Echo when asked about Fulham's interest in Ritchie.

"He is an excellent player and in really good form so I am sure a host of clubs would be interested in him but he is very much a Bournemouth player and playing for a team at the top of the league."

The midfielder, who has six goals and 11 assists in the Championship this season, has been linked with lucrative moves to other clubs in the past 12 months, most notably Derby, who have been priced at 12/1 to sign the winger this January.

On transfer deadline day in September 2014, according to the Derbyshire Telegraph, the Rams made a bid for the Bournemouth wide man, but no deal materialised as the Cherries stood firm.

SEE ALSO: Derby County could make January move for former Liverpool target - Report

Despite no changes in personnel to the wide positions at the East Midlands club, Derby are well stocked in that area, both in numbers and quality, so it would be surprising to see them go back in for the player. However, given his recent form and the position of the two clubs, who knows.

It could be a hard job for McClaren to convince Ritchie to jump ship halfway through the season when both clubs are in a similar position, but it may be even harder for Fulham to tempt the talent away from a side who are flying high.

@jolslover

Watford have made Lloyd Dyer and Lewis Mcgugan available for transfer, Would take the latter
STH H3

Northern Cottager

Quote from: @jolslover on January 08, 2015, 07:56:26 PM
Watford have made Lloyd Dyer and Lewis Mcgugan available for transfer, Would take the latter

He was highly rated then fell over for forest and only joined Watford in summer didn't he? Odd one.

Andyb

Would love for us to go for Matt Jarvis and Barry bannan

Mhbruce

Matt Ritchie just signed a new contract so looks like that's off

@jolslover

STH H3

westcliff white

never been a fan of Huth, but he would bring is a lot of muscle at the back
Every day is a Fulham day

FPT

Matt Jarvis would be an enlightened signing for the club. Solves the right wing anonymity, definitely would be one of the better players in the Division, and we may actually get some quality deliveries from someone other than Sean Kavanagh.

Robert Huth would be an excellent signing for the club. He'd add steel to our defence, vital leadership and communication as well as being a Premier League quality defender at a Championship club. The lads lived on this side of London before of course, would he drop down? Would be a sign of our intentions if he did.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FPT on January 11, 2015, 03:38:56 PM
Matt Jarvis would be an enlightened signing for the club. Solves the right wing anonymity, definitely would be one of the better players in the Division, and we may actually get some quality deliveries from someone other than Sean Kavanagh.

Robert Huth would be an excellent signing for the club. He'd add steel to our defence, vital leadership and communication as well as being a Premier League quality defender at a Championship club. The lads lived on this side of London before of course, would he drop down? Would be a sign of our intentions if he did.

Jarvis isn't a winger, he plays on the left. Inside forward.