more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most "Fulhamish" thing you've seen or read

Started by snarks, January 09, 2015, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Quote from: robert on January 09, 2015, 03:38:35 PM
I'm sure this happened a few years ago.A man had just had a heart transplant and was told not to get too excited.He said he was a loyal Fulham supporter and not to worry as he watched us often.
Keith Castle from Battersea was the man. 092.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

snarks

Quote from: alexbishop on January 09, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
Cardiff changing their shirts back to blue in time for their match against....Fulham!

Got special permission to change midseason too, very Fulhamish

win-dup

Quote from: MJG on January 09, 2015, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: win-dup on January 09, 2015, 11:28:24 AM
The way people at the top of the Putney end terracing, when it was all standing, would turn around and watch the football being played in Bishop's Park if Fulham were having one of their off days. Often.

And one glorious spring day when we beat Preston 5-2, had their manager Nobby Stiles dancing in fury on the touchline, watched the boat race go by and then just on full time Concorde flew over the ground. It really doesn't get better than that.
Do you mean the autumn day,  October 1978 and 5-3 against Preston. Stiles was going mental.

mmm interesting, swear the boat race went by on the day. The match I'm referring to was on ITV's Big Match and the commentator made much of the fact that spectators had seen seven goals, the boat race and Concorde on the same day. Couldn't have been in autumn then. Perhaps I imagined it all.

win-dup

Quote from: f321ffc on January 09, 2015, 03:46:17 PM
I'm sure this happened a few years ago.A man had just had a heart transplant and was told not to get too excited.He said he was a loyal Fulham supporter and not to worry as he watched us often.

Britain's first heart transplant patient.

VB

Micky Adams talking about transfer dealings after promotion from the 3rd division,
''We'll be shopping at Wollworths again, not Harrods''. (or words to that effect)
Only for MAF to buy the club a few months later.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Mince n Tatties

Beating Ipswich 10-1 on boxing day, and two days later
lose the reverse fixture 4-2... :022:

LBNo11

...the most Fulhamish comment I have ever seen was regarding the flagpoles along the Thamesbank (Riverside) which used to sport the club flags of every team in the top flight (back then it was called the 1st Division) We were relegated in 1968 and the chairman at the time was the comedian Tommy Trinder who was asked if we should put new flags up for all the second division teams and he made the famous statement "Fulham won't be in this division next season"

How right he was, we were relegated to the third division the next season...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

cmg

Easter, White Hart Lane, 60s.

Fulham lead 1-0, ten minutes to go. Tony Macedo rolls the ball gently to the feet of Jimmy Greaves, lurking around the penalty area. Some forwards might have been surprised, but, of course, Greaves always reacted first and thought second, he slams the ball straight into the net for the draw.

Afterwards Tony says he forgot that we weren't playing in white.

(Although I think either LB's flag one or Mince's Ipswich one is better.)

MJG

Quote from: VB on January 09, 2015, 05:47:28 PM
Micky Adams talking about transfer dealings after promotion from the 3rd division,
''We'll be shopping at Wollworths again, not Harrods''. (or words to that effect)
Only for MAF to buy the club a few months later.
On the season Video, I remember it well. He almost winked at the screen.

f321ffc

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 09, 2015, 06:28:30 PM
...the most Fulhamish comment I have ever seen was regarding the flagpoles along the Thamesbank (Riverside) which used to sport the club flags of every team in the top flight (back then it was called the 1st Division) We were relegated in 1968 and the chairman at the time was the comedian Tommy Trinder who was asked if we should put new flags up for all the second division teams and he made the famous statement "Fulham won't be in this division next season"

How right he was, we were relegated to the third division the next season...
I wonder whatever happened to those flags well 21 of them asi know where the most important (Fulham) one went.
                                                               092.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

cmg

Some oppo fans helped themselves to "theirs". Security was not tight.

PaulJ123

Quote from: f321ffc on January 09, 2015, 03:07:06 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 09, 2015, 02:31:42 PM
oh brilliant, a 'Fulhamish' thread
"God I hate the word 'Fulhamish"
How Fulhamish, someone who hates the word Fulhamish posting a reply on a Fulhamish thread.

haha

f321ffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 09, 2015, 07:15:21 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 09, 2015, 03:07:06 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 09, 2015, 02:31:42 PM
oh brilliant, a 'Fulhamish' thread
"God I hate the word 'Fulhamish"
How Fulhamish, someone who hates the word Fulhamish posting a reply on a Fulhamish thread.

haha
0001.jpeg 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mullers

Sitting in the stand at Basel when the missus phoned to check where we were meeting after the game. "What's the score?" says she. "We're walking it 3-1, should be four," says I. The lady organising our coach and sitting in front of me shot me one of those "What are you saying?" glances just before the score moved to 3-2.

I/we got away with it at the final whistle but the lady let me know her feelings about what I said. And I've been going long enough to know she's right. I never join in with 'We're winning away' anymore.

BestOfBrede

Beating Everton away in '75 and beating Juventus home (euro), when the whole world (incl most Fulham too) thought we had no chance!

Having the MJ statue erected.

For me personally - beating Notts County at home 4-3 and I saw all NC's goals but missed all of ours peeing away the pre match booze!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

I believe Keith's first question on coming round from surgery wasn't "how did it go?"

It was along the lines of "how did Fulham do, did we win?"

That after heart surgery!

Very Fulhamish

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 09, 2015, 04:02:59 PM
Another Fulhamish incident I feel, and I am sure some will remember. I was sitting in the Cottage watching the match in the seventies v Brighton, we eventually won 5 0, and John Mitchell had just scored our 4th goal at the Hammersmith end from a corner, and whilst all the outfield players were celebrating with Mitch, Alan Mullery and Jimmy Dunne were swopping punches on the halfway line. Everyone in the crowd looked on in amazement. The only explanation we could think of, was that Dunne had gone up for the corner when Mullery who was Captain had told him to stay back. They were both strong characters, absolutely bizarre, they were lucky none of the officials saw it, it could only happen at Fulham. 

Ah yes, Jimmy Dunne

Booked in an away game @ Sunderland

Due to frustration & being on the receiving end of some abuse (& also the fact we were being beaten) dropped his pants & flashed his derrier towards the insolent Sunderland fans

The only player to be booked for such an action?

Very Fulhamish

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 09, 2015, 08:10:42 PM

I believe Keith's first question on coming round from surgery wasn't "how did it go?"

Very Fulhamish

We had just won 4-3 at Birmingham having been 3-0 down at half time.

Marinello tore their left back apart.

Sir Alec of good Stock

1969/70 Season Halifax 0-FFC 8 (5 goals for e for b and Stevie Earle)
1970/71 Season Halifax 3-FFC 2 (Promoted in 2nd place after losing the last game of the season 1-0 to PNE who finished as Champions).

Supermitch

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 09, 2015, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 09, 2015, 08:10:42 PM

Very Fulhamish

We had just won 4-3 at Birmingham having been 3-0 down at half time.

Marinello tore their left back apart.

That 4-3 away win on the first day of the season was just 10 days after we played Birmingham at home in the Anglo-Scottish Cup - we lost 0-5!