more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most "Fulhamish" thing you've seen or read

Started by snarks, January 09, 2015, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 09, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
1969/70 Season Halifax 0-FFC 8 (5 goals for e for b and Stevie Earle)
1970/71 Season Halifax 3-FFC 2 (Promoted in 2nd place after losing the last game of the season 1-0 to PNE who finished as Champions).

Remember reading that 69/70 scoreline in the Daily Express the next day as a youngster....my first ever football Fulham related memory...for me it was a random meeting with a fellow Fulham 9 away trips out of a possible 10  2010 Europa league campaigner in a ockley surrey pub.
We are the whites

Holders

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on January 09, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
1969/70 Season Halifax 0-FFC 8 (5 goals for e for b and Stevie Earle)
1970/71 Season Halifax 3-FFC 2 (Promoted in 2nd place after losing the last game of the season 1-0 to PNE who finished as Champions).

I remember it well - Ricky Heppolette with a diving header at the Hammersmith end. We only needed a draw.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dannyboi-ffc

Getting relegated in our 13th (unlucky for some) season in the prem and by the manager who claimed we had no ambition
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Eventually signing one John Arne Riise AFTER his mummy (his agent) had turned us down in favour of Liverpool first time around - Fulhamish or what?

Signing one Teddy Maybank from Chelsea, selling him back to them & then signing him again (I think) - any other club done that?

Selling Mullers to Spuds thereby letting him flourish, gain England caps, getting him back on loan when he had some serious stomach problems & eventually buying him back - thank goodness!

What other club other than our precious & beloved Fulham would do this?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Placing a preservation order on the tree in the corner of the Putney End & the Riverside

because it was "home" to some birds called ParaKeets @ the time (one Jimmy Hendrix rumoured to have released his pair following which the damned things have multiplied greatly & are now a complete nuisance)

Never met a bird like that

All in the name of preserving our beloved Cottage & ground!

Fulhamish!

absent cottager

How about breaking the record for the most amount of games leading to a FA cup final ever, then losing, then 35 years later breaking the record for the most amount of games leading to a European final, and.........losing.

robert

Back to my favourite ever FFC player Alan Mullery.Sold him to Spurs for 72,000 and then we buy him back 10 years later for 70,000.I know inflation plays a part and I know some might say this is typical "Fulhamish" but for me I woulduse the word stupidity for selling him in the first place!!!

LBNo11

Quote from: robert on January 10, 2015, 09:59:43 AM
Back to my favourite ever FFC player Alan Mullery.Sold him to Spurs for 72,000 and then we buy him back 10 years later for 70,000.I know inflation plays a part and I know some might say this is typical "Fulhamish" but for me I woulduse the word stupidity for selling him in the first place!!!

...in a way it was a good deal for the club, in selling Mullery it meant the board had the money to build the Hammersmith End covered roof in 1965. However, because the board didn't tell Beddy Jezzard of the plans and reasons he resigned as manager as a matter of principle; he had the makings of a good manager with the respect of the players he had played alongside, so with his management and with Mullery still in the team, there would have been no Vic Buckingham, we would have kept Graham Leggat and Bobby Keetch and Rodney Marsh, and who knows what might have been. Fulhamish eh!...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

robert

Yes,Ok.As a Fulham supporter I'm inclined to forgive our errors which is "Fulhamish"in itself!!

colinwhite

The first team to employ a 100 pounds a week player . The first london club to build a new stand (without pillars ). The first British team to tour America (1966). Brought many great names to the club ;Mullery best  Marsh Moore Haynes etc, to name but a few. we are innovative .....
but at the same time....... We sold supermac and rodney marsh for peanuts , sacked one of the most successful england managers of all time (Sir Bobby )after 1 season .And have shown a unique ability to sign some of the worst players imaginable , Gilroy ,Large, Dear , Byrne,Kitchen , etc etc ....Tarrabt , in fact there are far too many to mention !
Now that is what makes us Fulham . Fulhamish is having the ability to laugh at it !    

colinwhite

Quote from: colinwhite on January 10, 2015, 01:35:24 PM
The first team to employ a 100 pounds a week player . The first london club to build a new stand (without pillars ). The first British team to tour America (1966). Brought many great names to the club ;Mullery best  Marsh Moore Haynes etc, to name but a few. we are innovative .....
but at the same time....... We sold supermac and rodney marsh for peanuts , sacked one of the most successful england managers of all time (Sir Bobby )after 1 season .And have shown a unique ability to sign some of the worst players imaginable , Gilroy ,Large, Dear , Byrne,Kitchen , etc etc ....Tarrabt , in fact there are far too many to mention !
Now that is what makes us Fulham . Fulhamish is having the ability to laugh at it !   

Shredhead

Watching Fulham in the early 90s setting themselves up for a free-kick. They'd obviously been practising something on the training ground because 2 players ran up as if to take the kick but managed to collide with each other before either reached the ball. Comedy gold.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

HatterDon

The first team to employ a 100 pounds a week player . The first london club to build a new stand (without pillars ). The first British team to tour America (1966). Brought many great names to the club ;Mullery best  Marsh Moore Haynes etc, to name but a few. we are innovative .....

This kind of surprises me. When I was 8 years old -- 1954 or 55 -- I was in Southern California visiting relatives. We had lunch at this huge golf club. Someone stopped by and asked if anyone was going to stay to meet the members of Shamrock Rovers who were touring the States.

It seems strange that an Irish club would tour the USA more than 10 years before a British club did.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Dunno anything about wild west tours (although I went on a few Rugby tours to Devon and Cornwall that got a bit lively). But I would be intrigued to know how long it was before I started to attend the ground in the late 50s that we built a stand without pillars and why it was demolished (possibly it fell down because they had forgotten the pillars - which would be Fulhamish.)

colinwhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 10, 2015, 05:56:40 PM
The first team to employ a 100 pounds a week player . The first london club to build a new stand (without pillars ). The first British team to tour America (1966). Brought many great names to the club ;Mullery best  Marsh Moore Haynes etc, to name but a few. we are innovative .....

This kind of surprises me. When I was 8 years old -- 1954 or 55 -- I was in Southern California visiting relatives. We had lunch at this huge golf club. Someone stopped by and asked if anyone was going to stay to meet the members of Shamrock Rovers who were touring the States.

It seems strange that an Irish club would tour the USA more than 10 years before a British club did.
I have the original programme of Fulhams tour of the us and they claimed we were frontrunners in tho respect , Maybe they just didn't count the Irish (absolutely no disrespect intended from an anglo Scot )

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 09, 2015, 04:02:59 PM
Another Fulhamish incident I feel, and I am sure some will remember. I was sitting in the Cottage watching the match in the seventies v Brighton, we eventually won 5 0, and John Mitchell had just scored our 4th goal at the Hammersmith end from a corner, and whilst all the outfield players were celebrating with Mitch, Alan Mullery and Jimmy Dunne were swopping punches on the halfway line. Everyone in the crowd looked on in amazement. The only explanation we could think of, was that Dunne had gone up for the corner when Mullery who was Captain had told him to stay back. They were both strong characters, absolutely bizarre, they were lucky none of the officials saw it, it could only happen at Fulham. 
I was at that game. Remember it well

Holders

Signing Berbatov, probably the most skilful player ever to wear the shirt and then moaning about him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HV71

Quote from MJG on Matt Smith thread

"Not at all,  we know he can score goals and that's why Kit sent him away,  get games and score. "

As I said at the time it just seems so Fulhamish  - I couldnt stop laughing at the time ( no offence mean't MJG )

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2015, 08:31:52 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 12, 2015, 07:42:17 AM
Signing Berbatov, probably the most skilful player ever to wear the shirt and then moaning about him.

Yes you make a good point, he may very well have been one of the most skilful players to wear a Fulham Shirt, but he was certainly the most Bone Idle.

I couldn't stand him. Very talented with the ball at his feet but a burden in a team that was desperate for leaders and team spirit. I still believe he was the main culprit for our relegation. Without him we gave ourselves a fighting chance with the worst manager in our history. For me that says it all about Berbatov and the reaction from others after he left. In the end a manager that didn't have a clue took its toll and we blew it against Hull after being 2-0 up.

I suppose the fulhamish part is big names and Fulham don't work. We don't get them and they certainly don't get us
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

colinwhite

Bit harsh Danny ,but I couldn't stick berbarov because he was an arrogant tosser , and thats why he didn't make it at united . Most skill ? , no there are several in front of him ,but he did have an amazing touch .