watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most "Fulhamish" thing you've seen or read

Started by snarks, January 09, 2015, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

This has probably been done to deeath before and apologies if I'm rehashing old ground but.......

There are certain things about being at a Fulham game on on a Fulham board that makes you realise that the other rules that apply to football clubs and their supporters don't apply at Fulham. I'll give 3 examples of what I mean:-

Walking to the match there is a couple in front of me, well dressed, they are going to the game (Imagine MAF type clothing weilding a scarf) They are having a huge row, at which point he turns to her and shouts "leave me alone woman, I'm getting a Taxi and I'm going to the butchers"

A program a few years ago for a game v spurs, profiles of the mascots. Question what do you want to be when you grow up, Spurs mascot "Fireman or Footballer", Fulham Mascot "Heart surgeon"

On this board the other week, in a thread about bad officiating. "The referee was appalling lets hope they revoke his licence"

I love the fact it's so different, so has anyone got any more.

MJG

I mentioned it partly yesterday, but I hate reading on the day of a match that Vassell has not scored in a year., Or Gareth Bale has not won any of his 23 games he has started and of course the hated darren Bent scores against us. You just know these things will happen.
All those type of matchday results, events are things that to me are Fulhamish.

dannyboi-ffc

On the train to Brighton away and the statistic doing the rounds was Darren Bent has scored on every debut......... turned out ok in the end but at the time it was fulhamish.

John Collins introducing Collins John as our new signing at Loftus road was something only Fulham could do.

There's hundreds
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

win-dup

The way people at the top of the Putney end terracing, when it was all standing, would turn around and watch the football being played in Bishop's Park if Fulham were having one of their off days. Often.

And one glorious spring day when we beat Preston 5-2, had their manager Nobby Stiles dancing in fury on the touchline, watched the boat race go by and then just on full time Concorde flew over the ground. It really doesn't get better than that.

MJG

Quote from: win-dup on January 09, 2015, 11:28:24 AM
The way people at the top of the Putney end terracing, when it was all standing, would turn around and watch the football being played in Bishop's Park if Fulham were having one of their off days. Often.

And one glorious spring day when we beat Preston 5-2, had their manager Nobby Stiles dancing in fury on the touchline, watched the boat race go by and then just on full time Concorde flew over the ground. It really doesn't get better than that.
Do you mean the autumn day,  October 1978 and 5-3 against Preston. Stiles was going mental.

Artful Dodger

As mentioned the other day, Fulham having a Knight as a mascot and then giving him a name that means cowardly and lacking in courage (Sir Craven of Cottage).....  I know that is the name of the ground of course, but I thought it must have been intentional at the time but now I think it is just Fulhamish. 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Admin

Plenty, but Darren Bent scoring against us v Brighton. I knew this was that Nailed on, so I had £100 for him to score first, or at any time.

fulhamben

tom huddlestone ending his 32 month goal dought has to be up there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

A personal fulhamish moment for me. My grandad convinced himself every season in the premier league that we would go down, I think to ease the pain if we did. Every year without fail since we were promoted he would do a cheeky bet on fulham to go down. In our final year he decided not to do a bet because he was confident for the very first time that we'd be fine predicting Palace Cardiff and Norwich to drop instead.  He got two out of three and no winnings for his troubles.

That's fulhamish

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 09, 2015, 01:39:07 PM
A personal fulhamish moment for me. My grandad convinced himself every season in the premier league that we would go down, I think to ease the pain if we did. Every year without fail since we were promoted he would do a cheeky bet on fulham to go down. In our final year he decided not to do a bet because he was confident for the very first time that we'd be fine predicting Palace Cardiff and Norwich to drop instead.  He got two out of three and no winnings for his troubles.

That's fulhamish
hmm so you are saying its your grandads fault we got relegated. public lynching on the cards methinks ;). does your grandad still get to many games

Admin

alexbishop

Cardiff changing their shirts back to blue in time for their match against....Fulham!
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2015, 01:46:41 PM
A personal fulhamish moment for me. My grandad convinced himself every season in the premier league that we would go down, I think to ease the pain if we did. Every year without fail since we were promoted he would do a cheeky bet on fulham to go down. In our final year he decided not to do a bet because he was confident for the very first time that we'd be fine predicting Palace Cardiff and Norwich to drop instead.  He got two out of three and no winnings for his troubles.

That's fulhamish
hmm so you are saying its your grandads fault we got relegated. public lynching on the cards methinks ;). does your grandad still get to many games

Awkward moment coming Ben. ............ my grandad past away the June after our relegation. Peacefully in his sleep, the heartache of Fulham took its toll I guess. You weren't to know though  

He went to every game from 1948- 2001 when we were promoted. He then went to half the games for a few years, then a handful until his legs couldn't take it anymore. Losing the enclosure messed him up because he couldn't sit down in those plastic chairs for long,  plus the gigantic steps in the JH are a struggle for me let alone an old man. I became his match day reporter eventually lol.
I suppose it was his fault for not betting that year but I think there's a handful more people that he'd say we're more to blame that year, only a handful though........

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on January 09, 2015, 11:14:19 AM
I mentioned it partly yesterday, but I hate reading on the day of a match that Vassell has not scored in a year., Or Gareth Bale has not won any of his 23 games he has started and of course the hated darren Bent scores against us. You just know these things will happen.
All those type of matchday results, events are things that to me are Fulhamish.

I came in here to say Vassell. His record against us is always the first Fulhamish thing I think of.

Honourable mentions to Huddlestone and the goalline tech being used last season for the first real time both to allow Vydra's goal and deny Holtby's.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 09, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

That's fulhamish

Awkward moment coming Ben. ............ my grandad past away the June after our relegation. Peacefully in his sleep, the heartache of Fulham took its toll I guess. You weren't to know though 

He went to every game from 1948- 2001 when we were promoted. He then went to half the games for a few years, then a handful until his legs couldn't take it anymore. Losing the enclosure messed him up because he couldn't sit down in those plastic chairs for long,  plus the gigantic steps in the JH are a struggle for me let alone an old man. I became his match day reporter eventually lol.
I suppose it was his fault for not betting that year but I think there's a handful more people that he'd say we're more to blame that year, only a handful though........
sorry for your loss mate. my grandad also past away last year after our relegation at the ripe old age of 90. he was born and bred in fulham.

HatterDon

twice giving up points to Derby County in a season where they only got 11 total points in 38 matches
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PaulJ123

f321ffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 09, 2015, 02:31:42 PM
oh brilliant, a 'Fulhamish' thread
"God I hate the word 'Fulhamish"
How Fulhamish, someone who hates the word Fulhamish posting a reply on a Fulhamish thread.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2015, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 09, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

That's fulhamish

He went to every game from 1948- 2001 when we were promoted. He then went to half the games for a few years, then a handful until his legs couldn't take it anymore. Losing the enclosure messed him up because he couldn't sit down in those plastic chairs for long,  plus the gigantic steps in the JH are a struggle for me let alone an old man. I became his match day reporter eventually lol.
sorry for your loss mate. my grandad also past away last year after our relegation at the ripe old age of 90. he was born and bred in fulham.

Cheers Ben.  You're beginning to grow on me, I never knew how to take you at first but it's been a while and I'm getting to know everyone now. We should have a drink before a game one day, I'll be the one with parker on my back lol. Your posts are good.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

robert

I'm sure this happened a few years ago.A man had just had a heart transplant and was told not to get too excited.He said he was a loyal Fulham supporter and not to worry as he watched us often.