watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The FOF Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Started by Admin, February 02, 2015, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

From Twitter, not what we wanted to hear..

@thomasmcilroy: Symons says there's a few outs and a few long shots but nothing expected.

Admin

@thomasmcilroy: Symons says that there's been interest but nothing concrete in terms of offers for the younger players.

Admin

@FulhamFC: The #ffc Manager knows nothing about rumours linking Hugo Rodallega with a move to the MLS.

Admin

@thomasmcilroy: Symons admits Bryan Ruiz wanted to leave in January, but he expected a sale rather than a loan.

Admin

@FulhamFC: Symons stated that Thomas Eisfeld is in talks with Bochum about a loan move.

Admin

@FulhamFC: Kit on Chris David: "His move to Twente isn't confirmed yet but we expect it to happen. It would be a permanent deal."

Lighthouse

The news that we are not confident of bringing in anybody. Rather proves that we may well be leaving the transfer window worse off then we were when it opened.

Parker is also doubtful for tomorrow.

Symons also said that Ross wont always be playing behind the strikers and is aware of the hat trick he scored. So who will be?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillingdonFFC

Depressing reading, was hoping for a few new faces. Not sure what's happening at the club these days, Premier league return is looking a long way off, I feel a period of mediocre obscurity coming our way

PaulJ123

How depressing. Hope this isn't something we have to get used to (losing one of our best players and 2 players with potential).

Better get used to seeing McCormack in midfield!

Admin

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 02, 2015, 01:23:21 PM
Depressing reading, was hoping for a few new faces. Not sure what's happening at the club these days, Premier league return is looking a long way off, I feel a period of mediocre obscurity coming our way

All I can think, is that the Club are getting players off the books in preparation for next summer. Mike Rigg doesn't start until March, so who do we realistically have to negotiate deals now? Hasn't Ali Mac been removed from this responsibility? Maybe the Club are confident they will hobble through until the summer with what they have, but I hope we're not being niave again, and end up sleepwalk to another relegation. Pretty sure we'll be ok, but feel we need a couple of acquisitions to get us over the line.

westcliff white

If we see more than Ruiz, David and Eisfeld leave I think then we will need to get someone in.

Maybe Kit saying long shots is a way of not getting us to build our hopes up in case the fee or salaries asked for are too high given its the final day and almost everyone who needs someone gets shafted then.
Every day is a Fulham day

Riverside

Everyone seems very confident about avoiding relegation .

I am on the other hand paranoid .

2 observations

1) We are only 7 points away from the drop

2) How many points have we picked up in games Ruiz has not featured ?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Riverside on February 02, 2015, 01:38:17 PM
Everyone seems very confident about avoiding relegation .

I am on the other hand paranoid .

2 observations

1) We are only 7 points away from the drop

2) How many points have we picked up in games Ruiz has not featured ?

Very true. It doesn't put us in the mood to expect anything better than a struggle this season. If they expect the promise of a better Summer window to appease the fans then I think we have been conned too often before to believe it. Shame as I really thought we had turned a corner. But it looks as if we are just going shut up shop and try and survive in this division. That strategy worked so well in the Prem.

BedsFFC

I think what happened was mismanagement and then, more crucially, Magath. This is not a pro Kit hurrah, but had we averaged the points all season that he has got from his games, we would be sitting about 6th.

I think at that point, you take a punt.

Take a look at the table. Watford in 6th. Let's say they keep collecting the same points they have been all season (1.7 pts) they will reach about 78 points. Fair to assume that position 6, whoever it is, will reach that.

To equal that, we need 44 points. Or 2.44 points from now on in. I'm an eternal optimist but that just aint going to happen.

As much as we like the excitement of transfer day, I can't see the point of splashing out.

I'd be tempted to keep it as it is and get our youngsters more savvy with this league, then spend a bit bigger in the summer.

Boring...but it makes sense

Lighthouse

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 02, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

I think what happened was mismanagement and then, more crucially, Magath. This is not a pro Kit hurrah, but had we averaged the points all season that he has got from his games, we would be sitting about 6th.

Take a look at the table. Watford in 6th. Let's say they keep collecting the same points they have been all season (1.7 pts) they will reach about 78 points. Fair to assume that position 6, whoever it is, will reach that.

To equal that, we need 44 points. Or 2.44 points from now on in. I'm an eternal optimist but that just aint going to happen.

As much as we like the excitement of transfer day, I can't see the point of splashing out.

I'd be tempted to keep it as it is and get our youngsters more savvy with this league, then spend a bit bigger in the summer.

There is a difference between splashing out and going for a paddle in the shallow end. We may be resigned to not going up but just to give up this season and hope we are good enough not to go down is not really looking to the future.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on February 02, 2015, 01:54:15 PM
Looks like Norwich have bagged Dorrans

Yes on his way to Norwich for medical and to discuss terms.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 02, 2015, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on February 02, 2015, 01:49:50 PM

OK, well maybe another way to look at it is, would the type of player we'd want now to push on, actually come to us with no chance of going up this season, whereas at the start of next season we are perhaps a more exciting prospect.

The reason all these deals happen in one day, usually at the end is all to do with players and agents, weighing up the best options.

I don't know if we wanted Dorrans. But I would assume that we are just not an option for him. Norwich can go up. He could be the difference.
Annoying thing is, Norwich have won one more game than us all season but have ten more points.

There is a difference between splashing out and going for a paddle in the shallow end. We may be resigned to not going up but just to give up this season and hope we are good enough not to go down is not really looking to the future.

Two Ton Ted

We have actually had three players brought in this window - Tunnicliffe, Kacalinic and Richards.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

BalDrick

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 02, 2015, 02:27:08 PM
We have actually had three players brought in this window - Tunnicliffe, Kacalinic and Richards.

Two loanees returning and a 1-month loan (albeit with an option to extend; and he played well on Saturday apparently)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town