Main Menu

The FOF Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Started by Admin, February 02, 2015, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 02, 2015, 11:38:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2015, 11:35:21 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 02, 2015, 11:31:46 PM
in my opinion if we don't finish strong and prove there's a case to be optimistic about next season then we will be an easy target for the prem teams to steal our assets. Its no good writing this season off and pretending these kids will grow and make us better next season, in reality if these kids grow then next year they wont be here.

we should've signed a couple to give the club a lift
if we dont finish strong i can see us starting again with a new manager next season

Why would a new manager come in and do better than Symons. We still have the same squad with a few loan signings. So we will finish the season the same as we are now. Inconsistently and one dimensional.
because khan has sacked managers for less. and if it were about players and not managers then we would still have jol in charge. im not saying its the right thing to do just that i can see khan doing it if we finish 15th and below.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MiltonBurrows

Expected at least a few loan signings. If anything we've weakened our squad this window,  or at least made it thinner.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

fulham traveller

How the mighty have fallen, and who is to say that we will a
Spend nothing next season, I think Khan wants some of his money back, and is damage limitations, at least we won't go bankrupt or fall foul of f.f p

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2015, 11:29:43 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 02, 2015, 11:25:33 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 02, 2015, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 02, 2015, 11:00:31 PM
Big Ben.............
you rang

I certainly did, any transfer news yet?
i transfered some money from one account to another for a direct debit earlier. wasnt sure if the ffp ( finacial fund pot) would allow it, but i was like what the hell, heating is quite important for the kids.

Yeah, heated food is better!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on February 02, 2015, 11:36:03 PM
in my opinion if we don't finish strong and prove there's a case to be optimistic about next season then we will be an easy target for the prem teams to steal our assets. Its no good writing this season off and pretending these kids will grow and make us better next season, in reality if these kids grow then next year they wont be here.

I feel like Jekyll and Hyde because I agree but then think other than Dorrans, bannan (loan so not that convinced) who have we missed. I have a feeling that we lack ambition but if we can't sign good players and there aren't (m)any available we were stuffed.

Well, we'll never really know anything about our transfer attempts or if we even attempted anything unless it comes to fruition or someone who is believable talks. Just because we know the names of those that had successful transfers or loan doesn't mean that others weren't available and their own deals just never materialized. At the same time, just because there is a window open for transfers doesn't mean that we had serious interest in doing anything other than see off those we needed to be rid of (for whatever reason) and sign Richards in on loan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 03, 2015, 01:05:12 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on February 02, 2015, 11:36:03 PM

I feel like Jekyll and Hyde because I agree but then think other than Dorrans, bannan (loan so not that convinced) who have we missed. I have a feeling that we lack ambition but if we can't sign good players and there aren't (m)any available we were stuffed.

Well, we'll never really know anything about our transfer attempts or if we even attempted anything unless it comes to fruition or someone who is believable talks. Just because we know the names of those that had successful transfers or loan doesn't mean that others weren't available and their own deals just never materialized. At the same time, just because there is a window open for transfers doesn't mean that we had serious interest in doing anything other than see off those we needed to be rid of (for whatever reason) and sign Richards in on loan.

A sensible head on sensible shoulders. I do wonder who, if or what Kit wanted but we will never know. I really have a good feeling about kit and want him to oversee our rise to greatness. The odds are against this but if kit brings our team and kids together he could be a club legend till I pass my mantle on. That's what I'm hoping for. Not holding my breath but if kit gets our youth playing great football next season and we get an automatic promotion he has to be one of our best managers ever. Here's hoping.

Berserker

Probably Khan's burnt fingers from last year still feels the pain
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bracken White

With our frigid defence I would have hoped that we'd have brought in one or two to strengthen it. Certainly a LB would have been worthwhile - but I do accept the principle that if there is nothing better than no point in doing business. I had also hoped for a reserve 'keeper - but perhaps Joronen is on the mend. Finally stylish attacking midfielder who can hold the ball? They appear to have gone - imagine it gives Kacaniklic a real opportunity.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Bracken White on February 03, 2015, 08:26:51 AM
     stylish attacking midfielder who can hold the ball? They appear to have gone - imagine it gives Kacaniklic a real opportunity.
Hyndmann is that player we need not look any further

snarks

If Fulham need a left back Asso-ekotou (sp?) has been released by Spurs

domprague

Can we stop this myth that 'Hugo does nothing if he's not scoring', please?
He got two assists against Forest and pressured the defender into heading the ball to Ross for the third.
Granted, he's not known for his incisive passing but he makes a lot of good runs that create space for others, sets others up (see above) and does what a striker should do.

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 02, 2015, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on February 02, 2015, 10:49:44 PM
We don't need strikers. McCormack, Rodallega, Woodrow, Dembele, Taggart and Smith (when his loan expires) is plenty. An attacking midfielder however...

Smith isn't here, taggart i'm not holding my breathe on, dembele isn't ready and hugo is useless when he goes through a dry spell (and the dry spells occur far more than the goal rush). I'm happy with Woodrow and McCormack but im afraid we have a case of the good old myth that is 'quantity over quality' and that never works, it just papers over cracks.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Berserker

I'm glad Hugo hasn't gone
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Steven Ageroad

[/quote]

Take Dorrens or any other Prem club player we were after, and along comes West Brom, Stoke and then little 'ol Fulham, who would you choose to play for?
Kit did say that they were aiming for a couple of long shots, maybe Dorrens was one of them.

Bracken White

Also pleased that Rodallega has stayed - does offer much although appreciate how erratic he can be at shooting. Great sportsman too & always gives his all - compare that with a certain striker not so far back. Though the tall Kiwi from Leicester was replacing him last night.

westcliff white

If we had sold him we would be short of numbers, however I think you miss out how poor his control can be and his vision as well, the shooting is just the tip of the iceberg for me.
Every day is a Fulham day

terryr

I'm just sorry we didnt sign a load of 18 year olds from lower leagues then put them into the first teasm and loan out the veterens...... oh I forgot we have no veterens

just_another_day

yeah we find it hard to keep a clean sheet we needed an experienced defender

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2015, 08:10:09 AM
It would not be wise to sign or buy players for the sake of it, to find that they do not fit into the system of play, of find out that they were no better than the exsist ing players, just because there is a transfer window does not mean we are obliged to use it. Perhaps any first choices Fulham had targeted were not available or overpriced, and the 2nd choice was no better than the players already at Fulham, I would we kept our powder dry, and wait till the summer to do business if necessary. We have enough quality to achieve a position somewhere between 8th and 12th, I do admit that we cannot afford to lose too many midfielders to injury, as we are a little thin in numbers in that dept,  and I am not too find of the Diamond, unlike James Bond, I hope that system is not for ever. I prefer wingers and width to get round the back of defences, to provide for Ross and Cauley and Hugo or whoever is up front.
I am not too disappointed about the transfer activity, or lack of, if certain players the club has targeted are not available at this time, then patience is a virtue, rather than waste money elsewhere.
I would like to think that the Management have identified any weaknesses, and will address them in due course.
In the meantime we have an exciting bunch of home grown youngsters, who can only get better with the right Leadership and Coaching. Happy Days are ahead I would like to think. 

This is another of the misnomers (if you'll allow me) that those of us, who from time to time argue that we need signings in, are labelled with. I don't believe anyone of us Fulham supporters really advocates just signing players to say we've signed someone. I think it's a simplistic way to discredit the argument. I believe everyone here has seen the lack of merit to that kind of policy. Personally, I believe that we are still stuck with players who came to us via that kind of "panic buying" or "buying for the sake of it".

I personally believe that there were players (youngish players even) available that would have fit our needs on the field. As I have no idea about the financial aspects of such deals and I don't believe anyone here really does either - certainly not entirely. If a transfer target is thought to be too expensive, then fair play to the club for not paying over the odds in their mind. At the same time, there is definitely a give and take to that as there is a lot at risk with our season.

As some have rightly, IMO, surmised, a poor showing in this season combined with the appearance that we do not want to spend to improve our chances of promotion could convince some of our younger players who are at the end of their contracts with us to have their heads turned by greener pastures. The right injuries to midfield, or attack for that matter, could easily instigate such a poor showing.

The club have taken a calculated risk in avoiding permanent signings this window. I hope that it works out on the field for the remainder of the season, that we finish strongly, and that everyone within the club sees next season as one for promotion.

COYW!!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Good points TMT, however I would hope that not signing older players may have the opposite effect on the youngsters. In that they may think, well the club haven't signed anyone in my position. This is my chance to really push for a first team place and get some games under my belt.

They may do that with thoughts of getting a transfer to a bigger club, but if they have that mental attitude, with the right mix over the next season, that could be enough for promotion to the prem again.

Bracken White

Kits? Hopefully there'll be a deal with another kit maker. Plain white, black shorts & black socks with white tops for me! 2nd kit - black & red stripes/hoops/halves or quarters! 3rd kit have some fun!
Must add that that orange (not 'infra-red') grates.
But might suggest this is the least of our worries. Hopefully Symons having confidence in his squad will give them confidence to perform.
Off the wall, perhaps, but is Voser that bad? Somehow think not.