watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The FOF Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Started by Admin, February 02, 2015, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

he can only be with us for 93 days Richards, so if we extend twice he will still miss the last 4/5 games i guess.
Every day is a Fulham day

Baszab

What's the point of half hearted transfer punts in January with second rate choices and more rubbish unreliable non-committed loanees  ? - we need to fashion a team in the close season for promotion 15/16 -- let's all face facts - we are just treading water now until the end of the season - it's been a washout once KS steadied the ship and prevented the disaster of successive relegations 

westcliff white

Eoin Doyle (chesterfields hot shot striker) o his way to Cardiff for 750k

horse1031

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on February 02, 2015, 02:32:43 PM
What's the point of half hearted transfer punts in January with second rate choices and more rubbish unreliable non-committed loanees  ? - we need to fashion a team in the close season for promotion 15/16 -- let's all face facts - we are just treading water now until the end of the season - it's been a washout once KS steadied the ship and prevented the disaster of successive relegations 

He hasnt prevented anything yet, we are only 7 points off the drop
as someone stated earlier..

Apprentice to the Maestro

My concern is less that we are unlikely to get in someone that will help our push for promotion next season (promotion this season after Magath and his purchases was always highly unlikely) but that we look likely to lose three of our most creative players: Ruiz, David and Eisfeld (even if we had only seen the occasional spark from them against several weaknesses).

We certainly need more creativity in midfield and another regular top class goal scorer to have a realistic chance of challenging for promotion next year but strengthening those areas now would alleviate worries about relegation and make us more attractive to 'big' signings in the summer.

f321ffc

What's the point of half hearted transfer punts in January with second rate choices and more rubbish unreliable non-committed loanees  ? - we need to fashion a team in the close season for promotion 15/16 -- let's all face facts - we are just treading water now until the end of the season - it's been a washout once KS steadied the ship and prevented the disaster of successive relegations  
"once KS steadied the ship and prevented the disaster of successive relegations"  
Wow have we got enough points to stay up didn`t realise that and there`s me thinking we could be dragged into another relegation battle.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Over the last 10 seasons the average required to stay up was 46pts, 5 times teams have got 46 points plus and on 3 of those 5 times it has been over 50 points to stay up.

Now I do not think we will go down again, however it is far from done at the present time.

westcliff white

Lighthouse

Just to confirm that Dorrans is having a medical at Norwich as they outbid Burnley.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

this work isn't close to being done
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Baszab

Unless we drop into a free-fall and lose loads of games in a row it is UNLIKELY we will go down - although it is still possible  - however I do anticipate losing at least 8 more games out of the 18 left -  but surely 6 or 7 wins would see us safe - do we care if we finish 15th or 9th realistically ?

It's all about planning for next year - and I just can't see that being done today.

I agree the moon could fall out of orbit and land on earth at any time though

FFC1987

Quote from: Baszab on February 02, 2015, 03:04:25 PM
Unless we drop into a free-fall and lose loads of games in a row it is UNLIKELY we will go down - although it is still possible  - however I do anticipate losing at least 8 more games out of the 18 left -  but surely 6 or 7 wins would see us safe - do we care if we finish 15th or 9th realistically ?

It's all about planning for next year - and I just can't see that being done today.

Losing to teams like Brighton prove we're very much beatable. So however much people think its unlikely, we're losing some cracking footballers and don't seem to be replacing them. It's going to be a long hard season....

Lighthouse

But this idea that we are suddenly going to get it right for next season is a nonsense. We can't just give up and hope that by some miracle we manage to add the how ever many players we need and keep the ones we have. Relying on the Summer and abandoning hope this season is a poor as spending silly money on a limping Greek .
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 02, 2015, 03:08:42 PM

But this idea that we are suddenly going to get it right for next season is a nonsense. We can't just give up and hope that by some miracle we manage to add the how ever many players we need and keep the ones we have. Relying on the Summer and abandoning hope this season is a poor as spending silly money on a limping Greek .

I agree.  We need to build progressively and right now I don't see much in the way of building (except that the youngsters are getting some valuable experience).  I had hoped for a couple of decent signings now with rather more in the summer.  If sit around and wait 'till the summer we will be trying to integrate too many new players at once (assuming we are serious about "doing whatever it takes" for a promotion push).

FFC1987

How long have you been a Fulham fan!? Surely the last 5 years have shown when we need something, we always apply the poli filler and say 'its ok, we'll get one in Next season' look to say, a replacement for Dembele as evidence. I've literally not seen anything worth while from Fulham's senior management in years and i haven't seen this change since kit or Khan joined.

Mince n Tatties

Agree.......

Tonywa

How often has it been proved that a good or bad finish to one season carries over into the next?  I think we need to be as good as possible for the rest of this season, to develop the winning mentality and momentum to take us into the next. Losing one of our most creative players and not replacing him doesn't seem to me to be the right way of going about things. Would have ben great to have (say) Dorrens for the rest of this season so that he's safely bedded into the system for the start of next year. I would be surprised if we ended up in a relegation tussle, but we are too inconsistent and inexperienced to completely rule it out.

terryr

What ambition we have.........where has my Fulham gone?

Mince n Tatties

Looking on TV everyone seems to be strengthining their squads In our league...
Top scorer in the leagues Eoin Doyle of Chesterfield on his way to Cardiff for
£750, 000...
Hope we got a surprise to come...