watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Paper story- Fulham to offer Steve Bruce huge £15m contract

Started by PaulJ123, February 07, 2015, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Seven pages of barnyard ordure with nary a spark or two of intelligent life lying here and there in the muck.  Ych y fi.  But at least it's a mass debate of sorts.
Nogood "lies, misinformation and bog-like opinions, isit" Boyo

f321ffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 08, 2015, 08:29:21 PM
Seven pages of barnyard ordure with nary a spark or two of intelligent life lying here and there in the muck.  Ych y fi.  But at least it's a mass debate of sorts.

Yeah plenty of mass debaters on here.  fp.gif 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Logicalman

Quote from: f321ffc on February 08, 2015, 08:38:01 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 08, 2015, 08:29:21 PM
Seven pages of barnyard ordure with nary a spark or two of intelligent life lying here and there in the muck.  Ych y fi.  But at least it's a mass debate of sorts.

Yeah plenty of mass debaters on here.  fp.gif 049:gif

You don't have to get personal and brings one's portly girth into the debate, sir  :dead horse:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

win-dup

not sure why Steve Bruce would be successful with Fulham when he hasn't been with Hull. Like the guy though. As for Sam, my West Ham mate tells me that before this season he was considered a disaster there.
And what happened to the gang of five (or was it six?) who were convened to find a new manager when Felix was sacked?

David Allen Crankshaw

Considering the situation that Hull City are in at the moment Steve Bruce may be required to get them promoted next season. We'll get promoted with Kit next year.

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2015, 05:46:47 PM
Sarah Brookes, Director of Communications at Fulham Football Club has commented on the rumours surrounding a managerial switch for the recently stabilised Cottagers.

"I'm more than happy for you to say that the piece has no substance whatsoever. It isn't the first time that speculation regarding other managers have been made, and no doubt won't be the last but there is no truth to this piece at all."
I don't believe the piece in the papers, but in all respect Sarah or the club could say nothing other than its rubbish. They are hardly likely to come out and say yes we are in talks with another manager to come in at the end of the season. Imagine the damage that would do if it were true.
Every day is a Fulham day

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Plodder on February 08, 2015, 05:33:49 PM
If the Steve Bruce story is true (and it is "if"), it is an indictment of how poorly our club is being run.  Irrespective of the respective merits of Symons, Bruce, Allardyce and any other manager (which can be discussed elsewhere, although I note Hull's current position in the top flight). the board spent a lot of time carefully considering its appointment of Kit Symons, and it should stick to its decisions – it was not a hasty judgement.  To jettison Kit Symons in favour of Steve Bruce in the summer would show that the board is incapable of long term planning, or at least very bad at it.  If Khan wants to splash some money, £15 million would be much more productively spent on players than a new manager.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Oakeshott

The point surely is that for most of us Kit was the right choice last Autumn, and we were pleased he was given the opportunity. Come May, though, it is reasonable for the owner to consider how effectively Kit has taken that opportunity, ie is he convinced that the team has improved significantly, and does he see Kit as likely, with some Summer signings, to be able to lead the Club to mounting a serious challenge for promotion?

Supposing, as I do, that he remains for the rest of the season Kit is only half way through this season's tenure, so a bit early to make confident judgements. But after a decent start in picking up what seemed to be a shell-shocked rabble, I would have hoped to see better performances than several we've given over the last six weeks or so. And like others who have commented, I am concerned that Kit does not seem to be learning from experience.

He has another three months to impress, but if there are no clear signs of improvement then, with reluctance, I hope he is replaced.

Two Ton Ted

When Symons took over we has 1 point and were 23rd with a divided dressing room.

We are now mid table, 8 points clear of the bottom 3 and this achieved with no new signings in his squad, other than some loanees,

If that's not a clear sign of improvement then I must be watching the wrong sport.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 09, 2015, 02:49:58 PM
When Symons took over we has 1 point and were 23rd with a divided dressing room.

We are now mid table, 8 points clear of the bottom 3 and this achieved with no new signings in his squad, other than some loanees,

If that's not a clear sign of improvement then I must be watching the wrong sport.

It would have been more difficult to do worse than to improve. Kit was always going to improve results just because of a change in atmosphere within the club. Improvement would be showing growth over the course of Kit's tenure IMO. One, I believe, could argue that there has been some improvement but not enough to rule out the need to reconsider his position come the end of the season - if promotion truly is the goal next season. One could also argue that expecting him to do much more than he has with this roster without the benefit of strengthening in January is just plain silliness.

I don't happen to believe that Kit has done enough so far to eliminate the need to at least look at the management options available come the summer. Having said that, the club haven't put him in a very good position to do better than he has. All very much in limbo for me at the manager's position. One would have to think that the club would find a way to back a manager they truly believed in during his first transfer window. Loaning out three players, loaning in a Man City U21 and a benchwarming Swansea RB, and rescinding the loans of Tunnecliff and Kaka isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ron

Steve Bruce himself is denying the story now on the BBC website.

So that clears up the story once and for all.

He must be on his way. Clear that desk out in the spare office, and order a couple of tracksuits with SB on.

snarks

I really don't see the need for investment in the jan window it has to come in the summer, as for Bruce, the wrong man at the wrong time.

I'd rather see 'Arry and I don't want him at all.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: snarks on February 09, 2015, 07:35:11 PM
I really don't see the need for investment in the jan window it has to come in the summer, as for Bruce, the wrong man at the wrong time.

I'd rather see 'Arry and I don't want him at all.

I hope to God, no - In Kit we trust... I think...