watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Paper story- Fulham to offer Steve Bruce huge £15m contract

Started by PaulJ123, February 07, 2015, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-offer-steve-bruce-huge-5124657
Steve Bruce will be offered a £15million summer deal to take Fulham back to the big time, reports Steve Bates in Sunday People Sport.

The Cottagers' Pakistani-American billionaire owner Shahid Khan plans to tempt Bruce away from struggling Hull with a lucrative contract to guide Fulham into the Premier League.

Khan, owner of American NFL side Jacksonville Jaguars, is one of the world's wealthiest businessmen with a net worth of $4.6 billion.

He is desperate to re-energise Fulham and plans to tempt Bruce with a £3m-a-year deal, topped up with a £2m promotion bonus.

After that Bruce would earn £4m-a-year plus a further £1m-a-year bonus for keeping Fulham up.

It's big money but the Fulham owner believes Bruce has all the credentials to turn the Cottagers into promotion candidates after leading Hull and Birmingham into the Premier League with successful Championship campaigns.

After the disaster of Felix Magath's appointment last season, Kit Symons has now steadied the ship.

Fulham are way off the promotion pace in mid-table - and Khan wants them challenging at the top end of the Championship next season.

Bruce, on a rolling one-year contract at the KC Stadium, is enduring a nightmare season at Hull after spending big last summer.

Owner Assem Allam has so far stuck with Bruce despite seeing the side slide into the bottom three but it's been a rocky road.

It's thought Bruce would favour a move to London if it end in tears at Hull - but Khan could turn to West Ham boss Sam Allardyce.

The Hammers boss isn't due to discuss a new contract at Upton Park until near the end of the season but is said to be relaxed about his future at West Ham.

Allardyce and his family love London life and he'd be happy to stay in the capital with Fulham if he can't reach an agreement over a new deal with the Hammers.

Can't see it actually happening, but Hull could well get relegated so Bruce could be sacked/leave at the end of the season. Would be the experienced manager some of us are looking for.

J.Perkins

Lighthouse

Personally hope this is nonsense. I would hate to have Big Sam here for many reasons. As for paying huge money to a manager. There is no point unless we spend on bringing in a few players and not blowing the budget on just one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Personally hope this is nonsense. I would hate to have Big Sam here for many reasons. As for paying huge money to a manager. There is no point unless we spend on bringing in a few players and not blowing the budget on just one.

That would show great ambition by Khan if it were to happen IMO

Chutney

Please no. The last thing we need is another managerial change. The lack of consistency and constant changing of the guard is largely to blame for us being in the position we are. Just as we look to build for the future this rumour pops up.... PLEASE JUST NO.
C O Y W

Blanco

I'd love it if Steve Bruce came to Fulham. Always liked him and rated him as a manager. Would be perfect for us for a promotion push in the coming seasons. Won't happen though. By the way, you are thinking of Sam Allerdyce of West Ham. Please don't call him "Big Sam". I hate that nickname. This post is about the manager of Hull Steve Bruce.

Fulham76

Lighthouse

Quote from: Blanco on February 07, 2015, 11:36:46 PM
I'd love it if Steve Bruce came to Fulham. Always liked him and rated him as a manager. Would be perfect for us for a promotion push in the coming seasons. Won't happen though. By the way, you are thinking of Sam Allerdyce of West Ham. Please don't call him "Big Sam". I hate that nickname. This post is about the manager of Hull Steve Bruce.

His nickname IS Big Sam and he is mentioned in the paper that is quoted in the post. As for Steve Bruce. He could do no better than our present manager with the players we have. So unless we are actually going to bring in players I really don't the point of yet another managerial change.

ron

Hope not........

Quite frankly, I'd rather have Sparky back instead of Bruce......if the money and reasons mentioned in the Bruce story are correct....

.....but even more I'd like to see some stability with Kit in charge for a reasonable amount of time.

....PS ... but someone please tell Kit to chase wins with fresh legs in the final quarter of games, and play wider instead of the short game through the middle of massed defences!

J.Perkins

Quote from: Chutney on February 07, 2015, 11:33:16 PM
Please no. The last thing we need is another managerial change. The lack of consistency and constant changing of the guard is largely to blame for us being in the position we are. Just as we look to build for the future this rumour pops up.... PLEASE JUST NO.

Symons doesn't have the ability IMO to take us up. He was brought in to bring stability to the club, which he has. We don't need stability now, we need progress. We aren't progressing under Symons, and we need a big promotion push next season.

Mokes

Why would West Ham let Allardyce go. They're having a great season and he is getting the best out of his team. It would seem crazy for them to let him go, or for him to walk so he could come to us...

Screwing Kit for Bruce would be a horrible idea. Big names and big money don't necessarily mean anything. Look at the guy in charge of Brentford. He had even less 'experience' than Kit and is killing it.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Mokes on February 07, 2015, 11:47:25 PM
Why would West Ham let Allardyce go. They're having a great season and he is getting the best out of his team. It would seem crazy for them to let him go, or for him to walk so he could come to us...

Screwing Kit for Bruce would be a horrible idea. Big names and big money don't necessarily mean anything. Look at the guy in charge of Brentford. He had even less 'experience' than Kit and is killing it.

Brentford have come on leaps and bounds under Warburton. We haven't under Symons. Bruce has done it twice before remember.

Blanco

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2015, 11:42:48 PM

His nickname IS Big Sam and he is mentioned in the paper that is quoted in the post. As for Steve Bruce. He could do no better than our present manager with the players we have. So unless we are actually going to bring in players I really don't the point of yet another managerial change.

I agree. Another managerial change isn't what we need. That said, has Kit really got what it takes to take this club forward? I don't think any of us think so.

cmg

Sounds fair. Exactly how far away does he have to stay for that money?

Steve Bruce. Bluff, genial, grizzled, English, highly decorated ex-pro, one of the 'good ole boys' of the managerial merry-go-round. His managerial reputation exceeds his actual achievements by a massive margin.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Blanco on February 07, 2015, 11:50:08 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2015, 11:42:48 PM

I agree. Another managerial change isn't what we need. That said, has Kit really got what it takes to take this club forward? I don't think any of us think so.

That's the point. Symons was brought in to stabilise the club, with a potential of taking us forward. He has done part A, but as usual Symons, not plan B. Need to be looking for a big promotion push next season, don't think Kit is up to it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: J.Perkins on February 07, 2015, 11:46:36 PM
Quote from: Chutney on February 07, 2015, 11:33:16 PM

Symons doesn't have the ability IMO to take us up. He was brought in to bring stability to the club, which he has. We don't need stability now, we need progress. We aren't progressing under Symons, and we need a big promotion push next season.

Well we are progressing without any new players from the ones the German had. Bar a few loan signings. As for a promotion push. Would we need a few players of quality coming in? Why would Bruce be any better than Symons is? Symons has had to play a certain way because he doesn't think we have good enough players to play any other way. Why would Bruce be able to be any different? We seem to always believe that somehow players not playing or managers not at the club would somehow make things better. When what we need is better players coming into the club.