Main Menu

Paper story- Fulham to offer Steve Bruce huge £15m contract

Started by PaulJ123, February 07, 2015, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: ollienixs on February 08, 2015, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 07, 2015, 11:39:29 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked why I would never  want him

4 years ago, a little bit obsolete don't you agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really,  he's now repeating at Hull what he did at Sunderland. Give the man money and actually change a team and it all goes wrong.
im with mjg, this would be a terrible appointment if the figures are accurate. there must be better and cheaper at their.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 08, 2015, 09:40:42 AM
What happened to Khan's assertion that he would always appoint by committee? Why don't we stop wasting our money on managers and start wasting it on developing a team? My view is that we need an experienced CB, a new LB as Staf won't stay, a new CM, a new LW and possibly a new ST with even a chance of an experienced GK.

Kit does not have the players to play much else than the tight diamond formation that he is using as we have no real speedy wingers apart from those who have barely left school.

The fact that we are almost a mid table club now should be regarded as an achievement considering the disaster that was Magath. So I say support Kit and just write off this season.
Nothing has changed because this has not happened,  it's just press

Craven Mad

I've not been won over by Kit.

However...

1) We've had too many managers in recent years, we need a period of stability. When there's no real chance of promotion or relegation, there'd be little benefit in abandoning Kit at this stage - it'd just destabilise us once again.

2) Whilst I haven't been convinced by performances, considering where we were when he took over, Kit has achieved great results with the same team that was floundering in the relegation zone earlier this season. As many had said, based on Kit's PPG, we'd be 7th in the table had it not been for Magath.

3) Kit adopted a squad that wasn't used to winning. That mentality can be hard to change but - to some extent - he has got the team in a more winning mindset. Hopefully that process will continue.

4) If - as seems to be the common consensus here - we want the squad to be populated predominantly by youngsters, Kit has worked successfully with our U21s before, so it's sensible for him to continue building those bonds. As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the recent spate of younger players signing longterm deals was largely influenced by Kit's assurances and presence at the club.

5) Kit KNOWS the club, he's one of us. He might not be the finished article but, like any of us would, I'm sure he'll be focussed on improving himself, to improve our club's results.

For me, I'll be patient until around Christmas; he's done more than enough to earn that.

bucksfulham

Let's get real. This article about Bruce and Allardyce was in the Sunday Mirror. That's sufficent for me to totally disbelieve it!

Mince n Tatties

Kit needs to be given a fair crack of the whip, but im afraid this is a ruthless
business now so called Football.
We have 3 tough games coming up, if we lost them Im afraid paper talk or not
the change might come before next summer..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: ollienixs on February 08, 2015, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 07, 2015, 11:39:29 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked why I would never  want him

4 years ago, a little bit obsolete don't you agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really,  he's now repeating at Hull what he did at Sunderland. Give the man money and actually change a team and it all goes wrong.

Thats all to do with the premier.
The actual story is about him being someone who gets teams out of the
Championship..And like him or not (not a lover mtself)
he can do it and has done more than once..

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2015, 10:00:31 AM
Kit needs to be given a fair crack of the whip, but im afraid this is a ruthless
whats a fair crack of the whip though. we gave felix a massive 7 games, was that fair? what id love to know, is why kit has changed tactics from the ones that got him the job in the first place. and why wont he try anything else other than his dodgy diamond

ron

The more I see of these established Premier League managers, the more I think of them as men who are hired to provide excuses when the "vast amounts of money" method of success stalls. And when failure continues, off they go with the P45 to be employed as an apologist somewhere else.

Reznor

The likes of Norwich do their homework and bring in a decent guy while khan, as usual, stumbles around in the dark looking for the light switch. Pathetic if true.

madffc

Quote from: fulhamben on February 08, 2015, 10:06:21 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2015, 10:00:31 AM
whats a fair crack of the whip though. we gave felix a massive 7 games, was that fair? what id love to know, is why kit has changed tactics from the ones that got him the job in the first place. and why wont he try anything else other than his dodgy diamond

1 point from 24.. yea I'd say it was fair

BlackandWhiteFilm

Nonsense rumours, It'll never happen

domprague

Bruce is crap. This said it all three years ago and I don't see anything has changed.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

One Martin Thomas

Makes me wonder if the committee took Kit on as the best man for the job or the cheapest option until their favoured man became available !?!?!

Hope all this is a nonsense as Kit has been a great servant to the club over the years and has deserved his chance.

fulhamben

Quote from: Reznor on February 08, 2015, 10:11:08 AM
The likes of Norwich do their homework and bring in a decent guy while khan, as usual, stumbles around in the dark looking for the light switch. Pathetic if true.
if doing your homework means getting a guy who has only ever managed hamilton for a season and a half, then all i can say is... we dont need no education. lets see what happens when he starts to mould his own squad

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on February 08, 2015, 10:37:35 AM
if doing your homework means getting a guy who has only ever managed hamilton for a season and a half, then all i can say is... we dont need no education. lets see what happens when he starts to mould his own squad

Yes but he took a tiny club  like Hamilton up to the premier, sitting on top for
a while as well, a club with gates of 3,000, they had no right to be there, and him
only 33...Dont think they won since he left, maybe Norwich could see
he might be the next Fergie..

AlexH

The People and The Sun journalists who have written the story are both Manchester based so this is coming from outside sources and not our club. Also, Sunday papers have to sit on scraps for the whole week so they're easy to question.

Surely paying a manager that much cash as well would seriously impact on our FFP?

If there's a whiff of truth about it, I'd be seriously disappointed.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2015, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 08, 2015, 10:37:35 AM

Yes but he took a tiny club  like Hamilton up to the premier, sitting on top for
a while as well, a club with gates of 3,000, they had no right to be there, and him
only 33...Dont think they won since he left, maybe Norwich could see
he might be the next Fergie..
maybe, but its just as big as a gamble as kit is. there is no guarantee that it will work out for him. there is certainly no basis to slate khan over it and claim norwich know what they are doing

Mince n Tatties

Of  course it might not work out for them, but fair play to them for appointing
a manager nobody had heard of...I should think he must have been highly recommended
by someone in thd game..David Moyes was the rumour I believe.

filham

Kit has done a great job for us over a short period, it is wrong for us to have expected more from him considering the  resources he has had , the state of the team he inherited and the money he has avoided spending in the transfer market.

We need a period of managerial stability and Kit is looking like the best man we have had since Roy. Talk of a change of manager now can only undermine the confidence of the team so lets here none of it.

We need to support Kit and the team  for the remaining matches to ensure we do not slip back into the relegation zone, we have a tough programmme ahead and Kit is clearly the best man to see us through.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on February 08, 2015, 11:08:14 AM
Kit has done a great job for us over a short period, it is wrong for us to have expected more from him considering the  resources he has had , the state of the team he inherited and the money he has avoided spending in the transfer market.

We need a period of managerial stability and Kit is looking like the best man we have had since Roy. Talk of a change of manager now can only undermine the confidence of the team so lets here none of it.

We need to support Kit and the team  for the remaining matches to ensure we do not slip back into the relegation zone, we have a tough programmme ahead and Kit is clearly the best man to see us through.
steady on old bean, best man since roy? we played some fantastic stuff under jol till mo sold the family jewels. and we was pretty decent under hughes too. if i were to liken kit to a former manager, it would be bracewell. decent enough job, but not exceptional