Paper story- Fulham to offer Steve Bruce huge £15m contract

Started by PaulJ123, February 07, 2015, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 02:12:13 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 08, 2015, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 08, 2015, 11:57:43 AM
We do need experience in the dugout though, whether its with Kit or replacing him. To help him with things like substitutions or changing tactics as the match goes on. It's clear to see Kit's not used to it or maybe even brave enough to do it
I asked the question yesterday and did not get an answer,  who would you have subbed after Roberts had came on?

I'm not saying just yesterday, but for example would've like to have seen Williams come on for Rodallega or Kacaniklic for the last 10 to get at the wings with some pace. The fact that it was 1-1 for basically 80 minutes and we made 1 substitution is crazy when we should be pushing to find a winner.

You can't say you're happy with Kit's substitutions for the season?
So you would have left one striker on the pitch by taking Hugo off,  who was having a decent game,  and playing what?

As for subs I did some data during the week that shows Symons has imprint when in use subs,  and when he does make a change its usually with a positive effect.

Williams has played up front for his country, I just think fresh legs shouldve been introduced. And considering the fact we had Williams, Woodrow and Dembele on the bench and none came on when we had 2 spare subs to use is crazy when chasing 3 points.

I read your piece (a good read as well), and you'd think any success would give him more confidence to shake things up with 10/15mins to go in a game.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: RaySmith on February 08, 2015, 05:18:52 AM
I think you might be right - but I don't see how Bruce is an advancement on Kit, except he is very experienced and has a track record of getting teams promoted.
:005:

Fulham1959

We do need experience in the dugout though, whether its with Kit or replacing him. To help him with things like substitutions or changing tactics as the match goes on. It's clear to see Kit's not used to it or maybe even brave enough to do it
I asked the question yesterday and did not get an answer,  who would you have subbed after Roberts had came on?

I'm not saying just yesterday, but for example would've like to have seen Williams come on for Rodallega or Kacaniklic for the last 10 to get at the wings with some pace. The fact that it was 1-1 for basically 80 minutes and we made 1 substitution is crazy when we should be pushing to find a winner.

So you would have left one striker on the pitch by taking Hugo off,  who was having a decent game,  and playing what?

As for subs I did some data during the week that shows Symons has imprint when in use subs,  and when he does make a change its usually with a positive effect.

What does that mean ?

Bassey the warrior

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 08, 2015, 04:30:03 PM

What does that mean ?
it means sometimes after kit has finally made a sub, we occasionally get an equaliser or a consolation goal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 08, 2015, 04:30:03 PM

What does that mean ?
That's me not reading something my phone had decided to change.... Improved

J.Perkins

We should have just gone for Pulis when we had the chance.

davew

It really doesn't matter who manages our club, what we need is an improved squad of players!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Pluto

I like Bruce. He'd be one of the names on my list to consider but only at the end of the season. Let's give Kit until then and see what he can do. So far im not won over but we'll see. If it continues to look like we're not going in the right direction then let's look at some more experienced candidates with the view to going back up.

Plodder

If the Steve Bruce story is true (and it is "if"), it is an indictment of how poorly our club is being run.  Irrespective of the respective merits of Symons, Bruce, Allardyce and any other manager (which can be discussed elsewhere, although I note Hull's current position in the top flight). the board spent a lot of time carefully considering its appointment of Kit Symons, and it should stick to its decisions – it was not a hasty judgement.  To jettison Kit Symons in favour of Steve Bruce in the summer would show that the board is incapable of long term planning, or at least very bad at it.  If Khan wants to splash some money, £15 million would be much more productively spent on players than a new manager.

Lighthouse

Sarah Brookes, Director of Communications at Fulham Football Club has commented on the rumours surrounding a managerial switch for the recently stabilised Cottagers.

"I'm more than happy for you to say that the piece has no substance whatsoever. It isn't the first time that speculation regarding other managers have been made, and no doubt won't be the last but there is no truth to this piece at all."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Close thread :-)

f321ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2015, 05:46:47 PM
Sarah Brookes, Director of Communications at Fulham Football Club has commented on the rumours surrounding a managerial switch for the recently stabilised Cottagers.

"I'm more than happy for you to say that the piece has no substance whatsoever. It isn't the first time that speculation regarding other managers have been made, and no doubt won't be the last but there is no truth to this piece at all."
Where is this from? i wonder if she would like to comment on the Ruiz fiasco.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

Quote from: f321ffc on February 08, 2015, 05:52:14 PM

As we can now see Russ Goldman and Cottage Talk have the exclusive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: J.Perkins on February 08, 2015, 05:00:55 PM
We should have just gone for Pulis when we had the chance.

Not too sure he would have agreed to come to the Cottage anyways - the squad was decimated, and even he isn't that much of a fool.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mokes

From all reports the ball is still with Fifa. Ruiz is stuck in limbo and can not play for either club until someone at corruption HQ bothers to open their emails.

f321ffc

Quote from: Mokes on February 08, 2015, 06:05:50 PM

From all reports the ball is still with Fifa. Ruiz is stuck in limbo and can not play for either club until someone at corruption HQ bothers to open their emails.

So if this loan does not go through and he is available to play for us again  we were denied using an (depending on what side of the fence you sit ) important player for the game yesterday , i wonder where  the blame lies and if anybody will get their arse smacked i doubt we will ever know.    049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Martinsback

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 07, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Personally hope this is nonsense. I would hate to have Big Sam here for many reasons. As for paying huge money to a manager. There is no point unless we spend on bringing in a few players and not blowing the budget on just one.

Agreed - he will not come her to  nurse along a bunch of kids - he seems to like buying in some high profile players.

The Swan

I thought that Bruce was on the list of three when Kit was the one the committee picked.
The Swan